Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 12:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi - No dhabas on the way (GQ). This is really horrible. We were so hungry and we could not find a single Dhaba / Roadside Shop / any food stall on the Highway.We had to detour into Gummidipoondi to get a glimpse of Horrible food.

There is one APTDC Joint on the GQ to the left (while coming from Sulurpeta) just before the turn off to Sri-Kalahasti Temple. Another one is Jeevas Cafe somewhere near Karanodai as mentioned in my post. Other than this i could not find any decent Veg / Non veg / Pure Veg joint till we reach the city.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
There was too much sand and I was scared of the santro getting stuck in the sand, so did not venture out much into the sand.
Personally I haven't visited Tada, but from what I heard from people who visited was that the sand is the only difficulty (not trouble) & some bad roads reaching the falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
If i have missed something in Tada, Let us make a trip there and explore the place. Maybe other TBHPians can also join. I am open on all weekends. We can share the vehicle / costs if necassary.
Absolutely nothing other than the flowing water

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
O.T: I live in Teynampet - near the Cenotaph road Lanson Toyota Showroom / Dhabba Express. We can definetly meet up sometime. By the by my spouse is from Ambattur.
Oh!!! good good, there's also a fellow BHPian venom_rider in Vaishnavi nagar (hope you & mjothi knows)
Old 26th April 2010, 12:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Mods: Please do the appropriate to this post if you feel this is O.T. / belongs to another section.

I unfortunately saw 3 accidents on my way back from Pulicat Town.

1. Just after the Ponneri junction, while heading towards chennai, i saw a scorpio banged on head on to a tractor-trailer taking a U Turn. the tractor was facing chennai and took a U turn towards Tada. A Scorpio had banged into the tractor and smashed till the bonnet. Police were all over the scene.

My Analysis: There is a fault on both of them. The Tractor saw a U-turn and turned blindly. He did not wait for the way to be clear of oncoming vehicles. "Right of way" is not followed in india on 999/1000 occasions. Looking at the impact the Scorpio probably at a high speed hit the tractor. There was a speed limit of 40 kmphposted like about 50 meters from the accident zone. The speed limit before that is 80 kmph. If the scorpio was at 40 kmph, adhering the posted speed limit, he would have braked hard to avoid the collission or hit the median, which would have resulted in minimal damage.

2. Just After the Ambattur turnoff, a share auto had flipped and was lying on its side. Passenger and driver had minor injuries.
My Analysis: The driver had cut sharp and braked hard to pick up some passenger. The vehicle lost balance and flipped. He was driving the auto as if it is an Aston Martin or an audi R8.

3. A Truck had its left side smashed. Not sure how it happened as it was lying on the side.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We finally halted at Arambakkam for juice and the shopkeeper suggested a place. We had to trace back a long way as there is no U Turn. (P.S. I never drive on the wrong side like most of our members.).
Quite a bold statement you have made there, you just assumed it or you have proof for this or you just think we are bunch of traffic rule violators.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Quite a bold statement you have made there, you just assumed it or you have proof for this or you just think we are bunch of traffic rule violators.
Ah!!! C'mon Rahul, if not everyday, all of us at some point at some where intentionally or unintended we do commit minor offenses. May be the sentence "most of our members" is a bit provocative & could've been avoided.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ah!!! C'mon Rahul, if not everyday, all of us at some point at some where intentionally or unintended we do commit minor offenses. May be the sentence "most of our members" is a bit provocative & could've been avoided.
I am sorry if i went little overboard, but don't you think just assuming that most of the member drive on the wrong side, is wrong. I make a point to not violate traffic rules, but sometimes if unavoidable, but i can't blame saying most of the members on tbhp do some traffic violation.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 26th April 2010 at 13:57.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ah Let me make this clear

I meant to say i also follow traffic rules like almost all of our members who follow traffic rules.

I did not intent to convey the negative sense that no one follows traffic rules.

We are a community who adhere to all traffic rules and drive the friendly way and think twice before commiting one. This statement was made as a praise to the community members.

"(P.S. I never drive on the wrong side like most of our members.) " I have never seen a TBHPian (stickered car) till date driving on the wrong side or breaking a traffic rule.

Apologies if this has triggered wrong conclusions.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

^^ rofl, you made a big typo. I am also sorry then buddy.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Where is "Mission Aborted" guy
I am very much here reading all the OT stuff .
Old 26th April 2010, 15:12   #25
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(P.S. I never drive on the wrong side like most of our members.).
That's what happens when there are grammatical errors. You get flamed.
I went when I read it first. But within minutes I realised that all you meant was:
P.S. Like most of our members, I never drive on the wrong side too!

Old 26th April 2010, 15:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well, here's something to start again
Quote:
We are a community who adhere to all traffic rules and drive the friendly way and think twice before commiting one.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:53   #27
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Well, here's something to start again
Don't start it again Aargee. Else Bharath will .

How do you find time on earth to go at the rate of 9 odd posts a day? You've zoomed to a senior bhp status in just 3 months. Are positions open in your company?
Old 26th April 2010, 17:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Bharath, I think you approached the place from the wrong side. There is a road via Ponneri, that reaches you to the South side of the Lake and there are boating available. I myself haven't visited there, but my colleagues used to have good time there and I will provide more info tomorrow in detail of exactly how to reach the place. This side seems to be scenic and during season, (Oct-Feb) many exotic birds you could locate too.
Attached Thumbnails
My Not so good trip to Pulicat Lake-pulicat.jpg  

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 26th April 2010 at 17:25.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:38   #29
BHPian

I went to pulicate lake with my wife and brother last year. It was decent enough.
I don't remember the route exaclty but once you take a right turn from the Highway..We need to travel in a very small deserted lane..I guess atleast 10-20kms.

There is a big lake which you might have seen in many movies...We hired a boat there.After riding for around 20mts we reached a nice place full of bamboo trees with Sea shore on the other side.
Nice place to go with friends...but feel little unsafe if you are going along with your wife/GF.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^ That's the right turn you see in the above google map from the NH-5 towards Ponneri.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks