Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My Question:

How do you get admission to that college?
I want to get one more degree.
Even I was floored upon seeing that such colleges existed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Longer shutter helps. Normal persons can hold camera steady up to shutter speeds of 60. Any longer shutter speed leads to camera shake. so keeping shutter speeds in the range of 60 to 100 when the vehicle moves, with appropriate aperture for correct exposure helps a lot in creating such effects.
If one feels they have a pair of very steady hands, then go down to even 10 or 20.
Thanks so much for this advice MX6, others planning to do hi-speed photography on such roads will surely find this helpful! For me- I don't have a professional camera yet :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
If Ia am driving to Periyar from Bangalore, will I get to hit this road?
Hi sarmarishi, can you please be specific about Periyar? By Periyar, do you mean Idukki / Aluva / Kalady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Awesome cool road. saw the pics of ferrari's blasting through these type of roads in the Magic India trip,that's when i found about the winding roads in munnar.
P.S. how much kms is it from ernakulam?(thru the above said road). But my ride is far from sporty,(wagonR)
Hi Dicky, It's around 130KM from Ernakulam to the start of this road (from Devikkolam). And don't worry friend, you will surely enjoy the road whatever the car is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Wow! It's such a treat to see our country roads with a different perspective (minus the potholes), each road seems so less travelled yet so frequented...!
Since I was never expecting such a road when I took it, I was greatly surprised. I guess when expectations are zero, the surprise will be greater. So you can guess how surprised I was with that day! And yes, it's a refreshing break from the potholes and traffic jams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Good pics and nice write-up!

Enjoyed it. Your route just circled my home-town. The road quality has improved a lot in recent years.
Indeed, it was very impressive for a State Highway
Old 4th May 2010, 07:12   #32
BHPian

Hi
Great review. Will try it sometime in the future.
Cheers
Old 4th May 2010, 12:31   #33
BHPian

Hi,

Awesome pics and excellent write up. I missed out on a chance to visit this lovely place a couple of years back. But will definitely plan and go here in the near future.
Old 6th May 2010, 09:39   #34

'Kallar-Puliyamala-Kattappana-Vellayamkudi-Idukki-Painavu-Kulamavu-Kolapra-Muttom-Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha'
must have taken ages to write this...!!

anyways great pics there. looks like a wonderful road in lush green forests..
Old 6th May 2010, 12:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Been zipping in and out of Munnar umpteen times since my better half is from there, never have tried this road and is on my next agenda now. Many thanks for posting this
Old 6th May 2010, 12:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great man. You did that kind of driving with your dad sitting beside? I remember my early days of driving with my father. It was more like left-left-left-right-right-right-horn-horn-horn..and so on. Nowadays he is more confident about my driving and I act good when he is there

Good to know that your dad enjoys driving the way you do
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful route. Should try soon though my car is not such a driver's car
Old 6th May 2010, 13:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps GG! You've got a beautiful machine to drift .
Old 6th May 2010, 14:24   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing scenary and agree with you its a drivers car road. I experienced one such road probably not equally beautiful nature wise but had similar twisties that is from Lonavla to Amby Valley.

This route is about 15kms which will turn your insides out but, was fun to tame that road in a 100bhp Fiat Petra that i was driving then.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:13   #39
BHPian

I drove on this road twice. First in my Shoda Octavia 1.9TDI and then last year in the Jetta AT 1.9TDi. It was amazing driving both these cars on this super stretch. In the Jetta which has an excellent road grip in sharp turns I was doing abt 120KMPH and I was able to turn the car at such an high speed without it moving even a bit away. Nedunkamdum to Munnar is super stretch.

In the Skoda I was with family, hence did not floor it but still I enjoyed driving.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Great review. Will try it sometime in the future.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi,

Awesome pics and excellent write up. I missed out on a chance to visit this lovely place a couple of years back. But will definitely plan and go here in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Nice snaps GG! You've got a beautiful machine to drift .
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajyot22 View Post
'Kallar-Puliyamala-Kattappana-Vellayamkudi-Idukki-Painavu-Kulamavu-Kolapra-Muttom-Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha'
must have taken ages to write this...!!

anyways great pics there. looks like a wonderful road in lush green forests..
Yes, it did take some time to get the spellings right! With help from google maps of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Great man. You did that kind of driving with your dad sitting beside? I remember my early days of driving with my father. It was more like left-left-left-right-right-right-horn-horn-horn..and so on. Nowadays he is more confident about my driving and I act good when he is there

Good to know that your dad enjoys driving the way you do
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful route. Should try soon though my car is not such a driver's car
Well even I was surprised no one in the car objected to the spirited drive (my dad, mom and two relatives). They were too busy enjoying the road and scenery I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Amazing scenary and agree with you its a drivers car road. I experienced one such road probably not equally beautiful nature wise but had similar twisties that is from Lonavla to Amby Valley.

This route is about 15kms which will turn your insides out but, was fun to tame that road in a 100bhp Fiat Petra that i was driving then.
Thanks mobike008! will keep this route in mind if I happen to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I drove on this road twice. First in my Shoda Octavia 1.9TDI and then last year in the Jetta AT 1.9TDi. It was amazing driving both these cars on this super stretch. In the Jetta which has an excellent road grip in sharp turns I was doing abt 120KMPH and I was able to turn the car at such an high speed without it moving even a bit away. Nedunkamdum to Munnar is super stretch.

In the Skoda I was with family, hence did not floor it but still I enjoyed driving.
Those are some great cars to do this stretch! Looks like the Jetta and Laura can handle these roads without breaking a sweat!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks