Team-BHP - Horrifying Experience in Agraharam Cottages at Waynad !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Horrifying Experience in Agraharam Cottages at Waynad !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/80801-horrifying-experience-agraharam-cottages-waynad.html)

Hello All,

Post the Nagarhole meet on 27 and 28th March we wanted to go out of bangalore. Had heard its raining all over. Rocky sends me a PM, asking if I can join for the meet which he planned on May 1st and 2nd. I was happy.

Then there came a call from a relative who would be visiting us on May 1st and 2nd. With much of discontent had to tell Rocky a "no" for the meet.

The movie sort of sequence unfolds, office guys plan for an outing. it had been about a year since we had been out. Was cursing my fate. My wife comes back from office and says, relatives have dropped the plan of coming to Bangalore. There I was . Chose to go on with my office folks since I did not want to be spoilsport.

Choosing of destination starts. With much of deliberation we finalized on Waynad. Looked all over internet for resorts. All TBHP referred resorts were running full and with one of them got to know entire waynad is running full.

Horror # 1
Found "Banasura Hill Resorts" and made a call, fortunately the bookings were still open. Found 5 cottages vacant and confirmed on the phone and Email. We were given time of 10 hours to make the payment. We were perfectly fine with it. Asked for the Bank account details, the lady says she would send it on email. Email arrived at late evening when all banks are closed and were given Axis Bank account, which we cannot register in ICICI Bank. Called the lady back to confirm the same. Lady says she is aware of problem, and would revert. Next day morning (29th April) we call her back again and still no revert. Finally she calls back @ 4 PM to confirm that the bookings are canceled and been given to someone else. Everyone was pissed with this and were like :Shockked:. After giving them a mouthful of gaalis, we decide to look for different resort.

Search begins....

Perfect way to start the holiday. lol:
That's the sad part with many resorts where we can't have a proper way of booking them. Nowadays, I plan my stay in such a way, in a worst case scenario, I have a friend/ relative's place where I can dump myself till I get a good option.

Bookings seems to have worsened! My way is the old antiquated one!
Book well in advance and thats it.

Last moment its quite difficult. Sometimes you may also end up paying more!

Ok, now I understand the problem you guys faced.

But, 'horrifying experience in waynad' ? Seriously ?

Nothing horrifying here, IMO.
The thread title needs a change.

After much of search, we found Agraharm Resorts to be vacant. We were surprised as to why, we thought we were lucky. But it was not to be, read thorugh the Horror Exp 2 below.

Finally the D Day, we started at 6.30AM from the Mysore Road - NICE Road junction. There were lot of bikers and lots of cars enroute. We stopped at Mcdonalds. There was a Kamat restruarant as well, few of them had the McDi's and few settled for Idli's. Headed towards hunsur and from there to Nagarhole forest area. Stopped by the Jungle Inn resort in Nagarhole to show few people that we had stayed here on March 27 and 28th. Thanked Asdon for getting us some good plac and arranging for the Mega Trip. For a moment we relived the Meet moments. Had a smile on my face and felt proud that I was there then :)

Finally entered the Forest Area and were driving at a speed of 15-20 Km/hr. The forest was looking lot greener than the March 27th. It had rained, the smell of rain was just awsome.
Unfortunatley we did not find any Wild Elephants, Bisons, nor the Tigers. We had few spottings of Malabar Squirrels, Wood Peckers and Deers. There was a lone Tusker in the Training Cetner for Elephants.

Moved on and soon we were exiting the Forest Area. From Kutta the road is not good. We drove very slow. Once we got out of Forest area, we started feeling the heat. The Temparature Guage in my Vehicle was showing 33 C. No sign Boards, nor where we able to understand any writings. Moved ahead by asking people for route and finally at 2 PM, we reached the resort.

Horrified Experience 2

Day 1, MAY 1st

We had booked 3 cottages and 2 separete rooms. The Meals were not included with the package and we were assured that non-veg dishes will be prepared on request.Also camp fire and massage were options on request and we had requested for both of it.

On arrival at the resort we found the place a lot not like Wayanad. The power was out and only the cottages had generator backups. We decided to freshen up and headed for lunch. The lunch provided was a disaster and not at all like authentic Kerala Cuisine. They charged Rs. 200 per person per meal which comprised of White rice/Boiled Rice, Sambar, rasam, one vegetable dish and curds. They did not even have papad and pickle to go along with this. Anyway for the nonvegetarians they made chicken which was charged another Rs 150 apart from the Rs. 200 and that was served in one small bowl with only chicken bones and no meat. It was more like the cook ate the meat himself and cooked only the bones for us. However we didnt say anything as we just arrived and didnt want to start the stay with disappointment. We asked them for cold water which they said they dont have, they had coke but again not cold. Infact they did not have anything cold to drink.

In the evening, we decided to play some cricket and basketball. We started with basketball first, where there was barely any air in the ball hence eliminating a proper bounce while playing. So we decided to settle with cricket. Playing cricket was the only good time that we had in this resort. While start of play, we wanted some snacks and were told that they have only onion pakoda so we had no choice but to order it. The first batch of onion pakoda took the 95 mins to prepare and serve. We ordered again and the second batch came in 90 mins this time. The third time however they got the pokadas in straight 45 minutes...that was good improvement.

Later in the evening we retired to the rooms and one of the rooms (the one's without power) had a clogged drain and bathroom was flooded and we had to use the bathrooms in the cottages. We requested them to fix the bathrooms and they assured that they will have it fixed before we finish our dinner, however this didn't happen and we still didnt complain.

Got back for dinner and to our surprise we see that its the same food we were served for lunch and it was not even hot, this inspite we ordering well in advance. We had also requested for 15 chapatis for dinner, but were billed for 33 instead and each chapati was charged at Rs. 12/-.

After dinner we requested for the camp fire and they said that as they are short on staff they will not be able to arrange for the same. We then requested if we could have the Kerala Ayurveda massage arranged for the next morning and to our suprise they said that would also not be possible(I'm glad that they were not able to arrange it or else i would have to write another paragraph on that experience ;)

So finally it was late and time to sleep, hence we all dispersed to our respective rooms not knowing what was awaiting for us. In one of the so called cottages it was one of my colleague and his wife(who is pregnant) were to sleep. She happened to get up somewhere around 1 A.M. and she started screaming for which he woke up.....and to my shock we had atleast a thousand Moths flying above our bed eratically, and just to mention that these cottages have gaps on the tiled cieling from which these moths have been entering our room. As there was nothing much we could do we both just covered ourselves with the blanket head to toe waiting for the sun to rise. In the other two cottages, one had a very bad foul smell and the room which I had taken was infested with ants and I had a two year old child awake the whole night.

Day 2, MAY 2nd

After the HORRYFYING experience that we had in the previous day, we decided not too pay the complete amount as per the resorts Tariff Plans. So we informed the management of the same and they refused to let us leave without making the full payment. They locked up the gates and called in their staff who started talking very rudely to us. We insisted that they call the cops but they would not do so as it would tarnish their resorts image. We demanded for someone for the management to come at the spot but they said that no one was available and that they were out of station. We had a heated argument with the staff and finally had no choice but to pay up the amount demanded by the staff as we had ladies and children in the group. While we were speaking over the phone with the Managing Director of Agraharam Resort Mr. Sebastian and demanded that we get a letter from them stating all the problems we had in the resort, he agreed to give us that letter on one condition where we need to give him a letter stating our experience in the resort was good and that we did not have any problems there(He is refuting his own statement)

To wind up, I will never ever recommend this resort(which of course is not a resort) to anyone as the Rooms, Food and service are both hopelessly pathetic and the rooms we were put in is not even good enough for cattle's to live in.

Check the Video, which one of my colleague recorded. Will post the Pics soon

YouTube - Agraharam Resorts - The Worst

I suggest you put up a review of this resort at mouthshut.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigbarai (Post 1868348)
Ok, now I understand the problem you guys faced.

But, 'horrifying experience in waynad' ? Seriously ?

Nothing horrifying here, IMO.
The thread title needs a change.

Please read the second post. It was indeed a horrifying experience.

Wow. God know what I would have done if something like this happened with me. You guys were quite patient. Couldnt you guys have called the cops from the phones there or from your mobile phones (maybe the phones did not pick up the network??). This is no way to fool the guests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal (Post 1868363)
Please read the second post. It was indeed a horrifying experience.

Thats what you get when you do not prefer a t-bhp trip over others:D
Just kiddin deepak.

I have a few contacts in Wayanad.Let me see whether I can get those rascals to straighten up.
Its these kind of people which bring a bad name to the tribe.:Frustrati
Don't worry I will update you soon on this.

While driving back, happened to spot Rajeev.
and few more snaps

Few more snaps here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 1868399)
Wow. God know what I would have done if something like this happened with me. You guys were quite patient. Couldnt you guys have called the cops from the phones there or from your mobile phones (maybe the phones did not pick up the network??). This is no way to fool the guests.

We just did not want make a fuss there as we had few ladies also.
Yes it was our mistake we did not call the COPS :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Ego (Post 1868414)
Thats what you get when you do not prefer a t-bhp trip over others:D
Just kiddin deepak.

I have a few contacts in Wayanad.Let me see whether I can get those rascals to straighten up.
Its these kind of people which bring a bad name to the tribe.:Frustrati
Don't worry I will update you soon on this.

Thanks Alter, I was cursing myself on this :(. As said, it was really over a year since we had been out as office colleagues

The moths must have been horrific incident for the ladies. For me it sounds like adventure. I used to go to such places only to experience the wild. Guess it wasn\'t such a good idea taking a lady in the family way to a jungle area.
But the photos tell a totally different story. A story of a trip that was extremely successful!

@ MX6, we just had to overcome the shock that we had. We decided we will not speak about the experience we had till we reach bangalore and enjoy atleast the way back. Most of these photos that you see are while driving back.

That\'s really horrifying indeed! Do post the review in Mouthshut.com