Team-BHP - Palaniappa - Where the heaven meets hell...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Palaniappa - Where the heaven meets hell... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/82425-palaniappa-where-heaven-meets-hell-2.html)

Many of the photos were very interesting! Especially the big yawn of the cat and the flowers on your a/c vent! But the huge mirror showing the hairpin bend in all it's glory takes the cake. Cool stuff there Vtec.

The place looks awesome! Nice pictures doing justice as well.

But i didn't get the title. Where is hell??

Dude, you are right . You should have posted the travelogue 6 months back. I had been to Coonoor in Feb and would have gone a lil further to cover this place :D

ANyways better late than never. Awesome pics and beautiful place. Where did you stay ?
Edit: Looks like you posted while I was writing. THanks questions answered.
BTW. love the Iron maiden t-shirts :D

Thanks for the wonderful info on the stay options.
The prices look reasonable too. Is it cool like Ooty too ?
Probably now a must visit place on the ooty-coonoor belt.

wowowowowowowo am zapped with the pics itself, it did the job:)
great pics dude!

On the list of "Dos and Donts"
well i guess this applies to all the places which is close to the nature!

have noticed people in group create a lot of ruckus, shouting ..yelling etc

Thanks for that excellent set of pictures vtec_rocks. Its been long since I paid a visit to that part of the country. Had added this place to my wish list long back, now your travelogue has increased the urge to get there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1909673)
Dude, you are right . You should have posted the travelogue 6 months back. I had been to Coonoor in Feb and would have gone a lil further to cover this place

You missed this then , check dilip's trip log : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...devashola.html .

Excellent pics, they sure did the talking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1909648)
Many of the photos were very interesting! Especially the big yawn of the cat and the flowers on your a/c vent! But the huge mirror showing the hairpin bend in all it's glory takes the cake. Cool stuff there Vtec.

Completely Agree with you. That is one of the best ghat sections ever in south india.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1909671)
The place looks awesome! Nice pictures doing justice as well.

But i didn't get the title. Where is hell??

Basically we have ruined earth everywhere & we live in our insignificant problems... So we live in HELL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1909673)
Dude, you are right . You should have posted the travelogue 6 months back. I had been to Coonoor in Feb and would have gone a lil further to cover this place :D

ANyways better late than never. Awesome pics and beautiful place. Where did you stay ?
Edit: Looks like you posted while I was writing. THanks questions answered.
BTW. love the Iron maiden t-shirts :D

Thanks dude. Maiden Rocks. I have a similiar display pic on my networking sites profile. Just the face of eddy without guns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 1909697)
Thanks for the wonderful info on the stay options.
The prices look reasonable too. Is it cool like Ooty too ?
Probably now a must visit place on the ooty-coonoor belt.

It is not as cool as ooty as it is at a lower altitude than ooty. But sure is chill. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 1909699)
wowowowowowowo am zapped with the pics itself, it did the job:)
great pics dude!

On the list of "Dos and Donts"
well i guess this applies to all the places which is close to the nature!

have noticed people in group create a lot of ruckus, shouting ..yelling etc

I cannot agree more with you. It really gets on my nerves when people act like hooligans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1909757)
Thanks for that excellent set of pictures vtec_rocks. Its been long since I paid a visit to that part of the country. Had added this place to my wish list long back, now your travelogue has increased the urge to get there.

You missed this then , check dilip's trip log : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...devashola.html .

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjay_in (Post 1909783)
Excellent pics, they sure did the talking!

Thanks guys. I actually read this post when I was planning to visit this place for the 1st time.

Excellent pics ! Which camera? Panasonic FZ35?

@Vtec - Now you don't rock, your pictures are rocking!!! Simply amazing & I loved them, especially these - DSC07769.JPG, DSC00780.JPG, DSC00802.JPG, DSC07836.JPG, DSC07876.JPG, DSC07964.JPG, DSC00885.JPG, DSC08027.JPG

Quote:

The food is home made & excellent. No non veg food as it is in the fringe of a wild life santuary.
Breakfast: Hot Idlis with curry & chutney.
Lunch: Chapathi, dosa or you could ask for Vegetable Bath.
Dinner: Chapathi, Rice, sambar.
^^^ sounds mouth watering. Since this is near to Ooty, I hope I'll make to this place someday. Thanks for letting us know about such a place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 1909532)
Thanks for the info.
Is there a option to stay or do you advise a day trip from ooty or coonoor?
Again amazing bunch of photos, liked pics 7813/14/76 a lot. And 00855 is amazing too, how did you get such a closeup :)
Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry about the earlier post. I thought you were talking about the bison closse up. I just happened to be there when the cat yawned and surprisingly the cat did not run away when I went close to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1909859)
@Vtec - Now you don't rock, your pictures are rocking!!! Simply amazing & I loved them, especially these - DSC07769.JPG, DSC00780.JPG, DSC00802.JPG, DSC07836.JPG, DSC07876.JPG, DSC07964.JPG, DSC00885.JPG, DSC08027.JPG

^^^ sounds mouth watering. Since this is near to Ooty, I hope I'll make to this place someday. Thanks for letting us know about such a place.

Yeah sure is. I'd love to travel again just for the vegetable bath when it is raining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 1909857)
Excellent pics ! Which camera? Panasonic FZ35?

Neah. I just have a small Sony W180 point & shoot.

Terrific snaps.. Tough to say which is the best, but my choice is the Bison in the tea estate and the macros. Bit disappointed that the place is only veg, but need to try.. may be 2 days veg food won't kill anyone..

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadadhar (Post 1909904)
Terrific snaps.. Tough to say which is the best, but my choice is the Bison in the tea estate and the macros. Bit disappointed that the place is only veg, but need to try.. may be 2 days veg food won't kill anyone..

Hehe... That is only improvement that I would love to have... Good spicy chicken and the rain. Awesome combo!

Hey dude amazing pictures. The place looks great
The snap where the cat yawns takes the crown. clap:

Amazing Pictures, would love to visit this place when i go to ooty next time.