Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 20:13   #16
cLJ
BHPian

Good photos, waiting for more. Bring them on!

CLJ
Old 5th July 2010, 18:55   #17
BHPian

Sorry bro, couldn’t spend time on this with and extremely busy schedule. Here is the rest. I will post the rest of pics soon:

Day 3:
Since my friend had to catch a train to reach his home town in Kottayam, at the southern part of Kerala, and the fact was that I was only travelling up to Thalassery at north of Kerala, mostly known as Malabar, we decided to leave by early and we finally started by 4:45 AM. There were few spells of rain on the way and even at that early in the morning, there was good enough traffic. One thing we noticed(and bothered us) was that none of the trucks on this patch had their tail lights working. We counted almost till 40, and then we lost the count. It was very difficult, as unless you keep the high beam on, there was no way to notice the trucks in the pitch dark. Even then, it was difficult.

Udupi was crossed in 20 min(40 Kms) and zoomed past Mangalore and entered Kerala boarder of NH17 by 6:00 AM. Talking about Mangalore by-pass of NH17was another example of bureaucratic apathy. Out of the many fly-overs being build since five years, only one was completed. Road widening and concretisation was still in progress, and most areas only one of the side was side was completed and open for traffic.

The morning drive in NH17s God’s own country stretch was extremely refreshing, as expected. We rolled the windows down, and the cool morning breeze rolled inside. It was slightly humid with few spells of rain, but it was very relaxing experience. We stopped on the way for a typical Kerala breakfast and in Thalassery by 9 AM in the morning. That was a 4 hrs drive to cover 300 Kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks