Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 19:46   #1
BHPian

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida

Finally I was able to go on my much awaited Road Trip. I have been planning for quite some time for this trip but due to some or the other reason, the plan was never implemented.
But this time, everything worked as planned (Well almost) and we (me, wifey and son) started the trip on 15th May 2010 in our Accent.
Attached Thumbnails
Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0257.jpg  

Old 31st May 2010, 23:57   #2
BHPian

Abeer,

Congrats for doing such a long trip. Now please start writing this travelogue. Eagerly waiting for more.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:40   #3
BHPian

After reading many amazing Travelogues here, I was very tempted to go on a long trip. I started planning for the trip by reading various threads and posts on this forum.
Highway driving was not a problem because I had already done many trips to Chandigarh/Amritsar/Bhatinda.
The main issue was to convince parents (Both sides) for their approval, which we are able to do in couple of days.
The attached files are the notes and documents that I referred for my trip. Thanks to the owners of the respective documents and posts.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Ahmedabad Road Trip.docx (22.2 KB, 3359 views)
File Type: pdf DELHI_TO_MUMBAI.pdf (10.7 KB, 454 views)
File Type: xls GQ-6D.xls (244.0 KB, 491 views)
File Type: xls Ladakh Sep 2009.xls (294.5 KB, 370 views)
File Type: xls Ladakh+Sep+2009.xls (294.0 KB, 640 views)
File Type: xls leh-sep09.xls (125.5 KB, 438 views)
File Type: xls Log_GQ.xls (60.5 KB, 530 views)
Old 1st June 2010, 11:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abeer. Finally you made it after lot of speculations/questions/apprehensions. Let's get it rolling , looking forward for your TL.

Even im currently in Mum and have already extended my leave and might be doing Pune too.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:48   #5
BHPian

Hey Abeer, I see you have planned the trip well by following various travelogues. Bring up your travelogue so some one else can follow you this time
Old 1st June 2010, 12:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

I once did Jaipur- Baroda and found the full 800kms of the stretch to be just out of this world. Waiting for your travelogue to come up to see how was the ride for you!!
Old 1st June 2010, 12:32   #7
BHPian

Nice one mate...looking forward for your TL i am also planning a delhi-mumbai goa-delhi coming december ;-)
Old 1st June 2010, 12:51   #8
BHPian

After all the planning and approvals, the car was sent for its 30k service. Following was done as part of the service
Engine Decarb
Oil Change (Mobil 1)
Gear Oil Change
Wiper Blade Change
Got the car back 4 days before the trip. Used the car on Noida-Greater Noida expressway couple of times to test it. All was fine with the car.
Purchased a towing rope and spare tube (Car has tube tyres). Also carried few medicines and a torch and camera.
The original plan was to leave around 4am on 15th May, but due to office work, I reached home late on 14th. So leaving early was not possible.
Spoke with wifey about leaving on early Sunday morning but she did not agree as all the packing had been done.
Finally left home at 4pm on 15th. The back seat of the car was setup as a small bed for my 2 year old son. Stuff was loading in the car and we set out for our trip.
Crossed Gurgaon and the Manesar and took the first halt at McDonald for some burgers. Left after 20 minutes on our trip.
The road ahead was not very good due to construction. We also encountered couple of traffic jams. Reached Behror around 8:30pm and took our second halt there.
Since it was already night, I was not very sure of driving ahead and wanted to take a night halt somewhere. I had Kishangarh in mind but was not sure how far it would be. So called Kumar Sir for guidance.
He adviced of halting at RTDC Shapura as Kishangarh would be around 3 hours from Behror.
We then proceeded for Shahpura looking for the hotel. Somehow we missed it and reached the toll gate, which is around 10 km ahead of the hotel.
Called Kumar Sir again for help as I was not able to locate the hotel. I was advised that it is on the other side of the highway, when coming from Delhi.
Switched on my laptop and accessed Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.(Rajasthan Government Undertaking) and located their number. Called them up and took directions and also booked the room.
The name is Midway and it is in front of TATA Motors. Rent was 1100/- for AC room. They serve dinner till 10:30pm and don't have a Bar. The staff is courteous and food was good. Left in the morning around 8am to continue the journey.
After we started, wifey asked me, whom did I call yesterday and who is Kumar Sir?
I answered " Highway ka Badshah"
Old 1st June 2010, 13:27   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The decarb would have brought down your FE by a fraction. Did you feel any difference after the decarb?
Old 1st June 2010, 13:30   #10
BHPian

No, actually the car was a lot smoother. The FE that I got was around 15 with 100% AC and the speed as 100-110 with RPM between 2.5-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The decarb would have brought down your FE by a fraction. Did you feel any difference after the decarb?
Old 1st June 2010, 13:48   #11
MX6
Senior - BHPian

What exactly did they do in the Decarb? I don't think you needed a Decarb in 30K kms.
Did they do a manual De-carb or just dunked couple of bottles of bardhal and ran your engine for some time?
Old 1st June 2010, 14:05   #12
BHPian

They did not do a manual De-Carb and used some liquid. Before asking them to do the De-Carb, I had done ample research on this forum. You can check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-engine.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
What exactly did they do in the Decarb? I don't think you needed a Decarb in 30K kms.
Did they do a manual De-carb or just dunked couple of bottles of bardhal and ran your engine for some time?
Old 1st June 2010, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
After we started, wifey asked me, whom did I call yesterday and who is Kumar Sir?
I answered " Highway ka Badshah"
+1, This is such a sweet answer. All BHPian plan their route with HVK's advise. Abeer pics please without which a travelogue is not complete
Old 1st June 2010, 17:19   #14
BHPian

We took the Jaipur bypass after we left from RTDC Shahpura. Travelled for some time and then saw a board which mentioned Jaipur on the left. Did not know whether I should take a left or not so called Kumar Sir again and he guided me. Went further ahead on the amazing roads. Took the left after GVK's Jaipur-Kishangarh expressway and went straight ahead.
I had to call Kumar Sir again at this left turn for guidance.
The roads were very good till Ahmedabad. After the Udaipur bypass, we entered the Ghats and had our lunch around 3pm. The Ghats were dangerously beautiful. Dangerous for the roads and beautiful for the scenic beauty.
Called Kumar Sir and updated him on the status. Thanks Kumar Sir for your help.
Had lunch and moved ahead towards our destination. Reached home around 8.
Couple of photos
Attached Thumbnails
Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0225-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0227-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0228-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0230-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0231-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0232-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0233-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0234-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0236-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0237-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0239-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0240-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0241-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0242-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0244-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0245-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0247-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0250-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0251-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0259-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0260-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0261-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0262-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0264-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0265-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0266-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0267-medium.jpg  

Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida-img_0273-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st June 2010, 18:36   #15
BHPian

@Abeer, from the contrast of pics that you have posted it seems that the sun should have taken a toll while driving? You should have drove with 100 % A/C on I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks