Team-BHP - Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/83072-hawk-fours-pan-india-tour-delhi-mumbai-goa-manipal-coorg-kolkata-delhi.html)

Man proposes. And the proposal gets put up on Team BHP.

What does that man do when a friend and a Distinguished BHP-ian says...
Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1808802)
Oh! ...I was looking forward to a "mother of all trips on the MHawk" kinda travelogue. :thumbs up

Obviously, he doesn't disappoint his friend!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1918638)
D-Day has arrived. The highways beckon. We leave for Mumbai this evening. Can't wait. Only worry is the cyclone brewing, expected to hit GJ tonight. Wonder what the road and weather conditions would be through GJ on the NH8 tomorrow morning.

And when the Hawk-on-fours and its owner take to romancing the NH8 at 7:30 PM on 3rd June, 2010, even a cyclone decides to back off and visit Gujarat a few days later (Cyclone Phet may hit Gujarat during weekend). :)

A somewhat cool and pleasant night with slight drizzle on the way past Jaipur, made sure that speeds are slower, as did a blistering 42*C in the middle of the afternoon around Surat.

20.5 hours to reach the outskirts of Mumbai; 2 more hours, GPS guidance and a painful left knee saw us home at Powai last evening. I thought traffic doesn't bother me, having learnt to drive (and survive) in Kolkata, but I didn't factor in the 20+ hours' spell behind the wheel before facing Mumbai's rush hour, with only one eye on the road.

The other eye was on the GPS screen; naturally!

Hi SS da

Remarkable that you did the almost entire GQ, in fact more than GQ.

Look forward to learn more

Dada,
I am sure you are going to have good time on this trip, and your meeting tonight with the HighwayKing will be icing on the cake. I have asked you this on your old thread:
Have you finalized your accommodation in Goa, Medicari/coorg? If yes, kindly share the details either here or through PM. We too will be visiting these places in second half of June, as my leaves got delayed.

The LDL resurfaces. And now I hear your leave is postponed. I'd send you couple of PMs sir. Request your response with your current programme.

Nice start, who all is flying on the Hawk ??

Nice to know that you have reached Mumbai doc. How was the drive. Was there any jam at Narmada bridge. I am hooked to your log.

Safe driving

The Mahape OTR and meeting a lot of folks on this forum that I've only been remote-interacting with earlier, was the highlight of last night. Back home at 2 AM!

To hvkumar, genesis, xtremepower, Tejas@perioimpl, pdev, Manan and all the others: it was a great pleasure meeting and interacting with you folks.

Shall upload the pics from the OTR into the appropriate thread whenever I get a broadband connection.
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 1922564)
Hi SS da

Remarkable that you did the almost entire GQ, in fact more than GQ.

Look forward to learn more

This is the beginning!
Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDrive lover (Post 1922570)
Dada,
I am sure you are going to have good time on this trip, and your meeting tonight with the HighwayKing will be icing on the cake. I have asked you this on your old thread:
Have you finalized your accommodation in Goa, Medicari/coorg? If yes, kindly share the details either here or through PM. We too will be visiting these places in second half of June, as my leaves got delayed.

@ LDL: We are staying here at Goa: :: Kingstork Beach Resort :: Home. Madikeri booking not confirmed yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 1922589)
Nice start, who all is flying on the Hawk ??

@ dadu: The 3 of us - wife, daughter and me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 1923065)
Nice to know that you have reached Mumbai doc. How was the drive. Was there any jam at Narmada bridge. I am hooked to your log.

@ v&v: The drive was routine, and mercifully we sailed over the Narmada at Bharuch-Ankleshwar without any jams.

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-dsc00248.jpg

We leave for Pune later this morning.

SS Sir,

Wow! Another Live TL and that too a block buster in the making!
When is the next episode being telecast ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1923076)
This is the beginning!

Calcutta/ Eastern India schedule?

Sutripta

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1923102)
Wow! Another Live TL and that too a block buster in the making!
When is the next episode being telecast ?

As soon as possible...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 1923815)
Calcutta/ Eastern India schedule?

Arrival CCU @ 19/20 June, departure 23/24 June. Hope to meet! :)

Saw that you will be staying/passing through Bangalore on 17th. Would be happy to meet you.

Let me know if you need any help in Bangalore.

How many days are you going to be in Pune? Would like to meet up before you leave.

Wow, the saga has started! Am hooked!

Mother of all trips on the M-ha ha...

I'm liking it. When is the next instalment?

Just curious, who looks after your patients in your abscence?

Thanks Dr dada for giving info.
You asked whom I meant as 'meeting of driving legends' in my post the other day at your old thread?
Well, it was as crystal clear as ever.. HVK and You. Who else! :)