Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:12   #1
BHPian

Brandywine Falls Trip

Onward Journey: Start 12.15 hrs. Marriott Residence Inn, Pontiac – I75 S – Detroit – I75 S – – I280 S – Toledo – I80 E – I77 S – OH18 E – Akron – OH8 N – Cuyahoga Falls – Gorge Metro park (halt till 18.30 hrs.) – OH8 N – OH303 W – Peninsula – Riverview Rd. – Vaughn Rd. – Brandywine Rd. – Brandywine Falls 19.30 hrs.

Return Journey: Start 20.45 hrs. Brandywine Falls – Brandywine Rd. – OH82 W – I77 S – I80 W – Toledo – I280 N – I75 N – Detroit – I75 N – Marriott Residence Inn, Pontiac 01.00 hrs. next day

Total Distance: ~ 730 Km @ Average Speed 105 kph & 12.4 kmpl with 90% AC

Toll: Ohio Turnpike $6.25 onward + $6.25 return = $12.5

Vehicle: Chevy Malibu

I am on a short business trip of 2 weeks to US. That meant just one weekend to mix pleasure with work Also in the past visits I have pretty much covered most of the destinations in Michigan. So this time I decided to venture out - into the neighbouring state of Ohio.

Just before the trip I got a speed gun detector - make Cobra. Decided to make good use of it - especially since the speed limit in Ohio is lower than that in Michigan.

As mentioned above me and a few friends started from Pontiac around noon on Sunday. Roads were relatively free - even in Detroit downtown. Soon we entered Ohio, which unlike Michigan, is quite a agriculture state. Endless green fields flanked us throughout. Having a brief stop at a food court for a late lunch we reached the city of Cuyahoga Falls - which we mistook as a place with waterfall. It turned out to be a charming little town with a metropark but no waterfall (there was a dam with water overflowing but won't call that a waterfall ;-))

A guy at the metropark finally gave us directions to the brandywine waterfalls. Without much difficulty, we managed to find the place (my Nokia 5230 has been doing excellent service here with the GPS and that too without a SIM) It was a quite grand fall but currently is at about half its total capacity. Nonetheless, we spent some time experimenting with my new D-SLR and then started back home.

Another quick stop at the same food court en-route for dinner and a pit-stop for fuel, we managed to get back home before the sun could rise again - but not before the calendar showed a new day!

More pictures to follow soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200221.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2010 at 14:34. Reason: 2 smileys per post. Please see the rules. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is excellent. I am also planning a trip to OH to visit a few relatives. This might be fun. Have you seen Hocking hills in OH. I hear they are pretty good. Great start and teaser pic to begin with. Caution: You might want to be a little careful with the number of smileys per post. It is 2 per post.
Go ahead, I'm all eyes.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 22nd June 2010 at 03:26.
Old 22nd June 2010, 07:08   #3
BHPian

3333 Centerpoint Pkwy, Pontiac, MI 48341, USA to 3333 Centerpoint Pkwy, Pontiac, MI 48341, USA - Google Maps
Attached Thumbnails
Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200163.jpg  

Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200169.jpg  

Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200193.jpg  

Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200235.jpg  

Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200257.jpg  

Brandywine Falls Trip-p6200270.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2010, 07:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This is excellent. I am also planning a trip to OH to visit a few relatives. This might be fun. Have you seen Hocking hills in OH. I hear they are pretty good. Great start and teaser pic to begin with. Caution: You might want to be a little careful with the number of smileys per post. It is 2 per post.
Go ahead, I'm all eyes.
This is my first tyrst with Ohio - liked whatever I saw though! Hocking Hills - noted for next time. Even I have relatives in Elyria, but could not meet them ths time. So another trip next time is definitely on the cards.

2 smileys eh? Hmmm...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks