Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 18:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

In that case Allan (xtreme_power) will be able to give an update on this road. I too had noticed the road in the maps and it had struck me as nice route to do in one day. Had I taken my car, i would have even tried it - would have at least found out what it was like.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:44   #32
BHPian

I also seen this path On NatGeo Flight of the Hawkz program
I think there shoud be some road which is connecting to mulshi from panshet-varasgaon. Either via lavasa or via some other path but some short cut must be there which connect panshet-varasgaon to mulshi
Old 29th October 2010, 00:54   #33
BHPian

Memories of my trip to Neelkanteshwar

I did not want to create a new thread. Hence posting a few pictures of my trip to Neelkanteshwar back in July. Hope you all enjoy the pics.
P.S. Sorry to post my pics in your travelogue. If mods/thread owner feel inappropriate, then please feel free to delete this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01348.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01373.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01378.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01380.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01386.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01388.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01389.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01390.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01401.jpg  

Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.-dsc01408.jpg  

Last edited by himavanth_m : 29th October 2010 at 00:55.
Old 30th December 2010, 17:03   #34
BHPian

Re: Neelkanteshwar, Pune : A great one-day destination; mostly unexplored.

The road from the 1st parking (village) to the actual parking (beyond which you have to walk) is not so good. The distance is around 2 kms. To judge whether your vehicle can handle this road, you can see the video below. I took this with the camera on the bonnet of my xylo on the way back. More photos from my visit during the monsoon here.
Old 30th December 2010, 18:00   #35
MX6
Senior - BHPian

2 weekends back, my friend managed this route in his Zen. He came back and said the road conditions were horrible. Nevertheless, the Zen could make it.

@rajarams. Is that placesnearpune website hosted by you?
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:29   #36
BHPian

Yes MX6, that's my Pune travel blog. I usually put up photos/write-ups of the weekend trips i make.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks