Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 13:38   #1
BANNED

3 Night/3 days, 1630 Kms, 9 Passengers and my Logan

Hi Friends,

I'm here with my 2nd Travelogue of this year.

Total distance covered : 1630 Kms
Total Fuest consumed : 75 Ltrs.
Total Fuel Cost : Rs. 2,850/-
Fuel Efficiency : 21.74 Km/l
Total Toll : Rs. 450/- +

My Parents, sister and her kids visited me in the first week of June and they were planning to visit Madurai, Rameswaram and Kaniyakumari for quitye some time so, we explored all the options of travelling thru Qualis, Scorpios etc. but due to high travel cost we decided not to hire any Travel Agency for our trip and decided that we will go by Car.

I was having only 3 days at my disposal because my kids school was opening on 8th. So, we decided that we will start from Bangalore for our first destination Madurai on Friday 4th June by 5 p.m. but as you know when ladies are accompanying, then even the IST also changes. Hence we finally started off for Madurai at 6.00 p.m.

My Logan was Jam packed with me at Driver Seat, my father and my nephew on in the front Passenger Seat and remaining 6 passenger including my mother, my sister, my wife, my son and daughter and my sister's daughter sitting in rear and Dicky full of luggage.

I took Kanakpura Road (upto Nice road and then to Bannerghatta Road via NICE Road). At Bannerghatta, there is no direct connectivity to Hosur and we have to take diversion and drive thru lanes and bylanes of some layout and finally we were again on NICE Road to reach Hosur Road. I avoided going via BTM Layout because of traffic jams and office timings.

Reached Hosur Road (Nr. Electronics city) at 7.30 and then headed onward to our first DEstination : MADURAI.

After Crossing, Hosur, we stopped at A2B for our dinner as HVK advised in response to my enquiry that we may not get any food after Krishnagiri.

Restarted to our first destination after dinner at 9.30 p.m. from A2B and reached Madurai 30 mins. past 12.00 and checked into the Hotel for sleep and rest.

Got up early morning at 6.00 a.m. and got ready ourselves for visit to Meenakshi Temple (1000 pillar Temple). The temple is a masterpiece of its own and beautifully designed. The Temple was approx. 500 mts. walk from our Hotel and hence did not faced any problem in reaching the Temple and way back to Hotel. We spent almost 3 hours inside the temple exploring various parts and performing pujas.

At 11.30 we returned to our Hotel, packed our luggage and after asking the way out for Rameswaram - next destination from the Hotel Reception, finally we headed towards Rameswaram.

Will continue....
Old 5th July 2010, 13:42   #2
BHPian

Immediate family with kids on a long journey is always something i look forward too. But how did the kids cope-up ? i am more interested in that part. Like, how many breaks you had to take? did kids get exhausted and stuff like that. How did you manage.

I am sure you enjoyed this trip, some photos and some narration, we will enjoy it too.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2010, 13:54   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Oh man! 9 passengers in one logan is a security hazard! Don't want to flame you, but then this is one of the riskiest trip one can make.
Reminds me of the school going Autos of chennai.
Old 5th July 2010, 13:55   #4
BANNED

Nice to know about your tight packed trip, but its unsafe to carry so many people in one Sedan, that too on long trips.

Nice to know, you still got 21+ FE

Do tell us more about your trip.
Old 5th July 2010, 13:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

9 in a Logan?

Please consider the safety of you and your family.

Anyways, expecting a nice travelogue with worthy pics.
Old 5th July 2010, 15:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

My to be done trip...pls post hotel details etc as you go along, pictures would be nice to add to this thread.
Old 5th July 2010, 15:28   #7
BHPian

Can such posts be enough to attract penalty if some police guys read it?

Heard that delhi police have page on facebook where people can complain etc. I mean websites etc are enough to attract penalties...

Also heard few stories of people getting arrested in other countries on the basis of their posts...
Old 5th July 2010, 15:32   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Will continue....

When you have the content ready.
Please report this post to have this thread reopened.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks