Team-BHP - ‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   ‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/86153-cold-stare-i-always-heard-about-read-about-now-i-know-up-close.html)

“Its just been a couple of weeks since I did a trip to Karnataka. Do I need to do this now? Will it be successful? Will I get a leave? And vitamin-M?” :Shockked:

And then it happened. I just picked up the phone and dialed in the number of the guy who manages the accommodation at Moharli, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR). Little did I know that I was setting the wheels in motion for the trip of my life time.

The results:

The Pug Marks. Did we spot the pregnant one?
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1709.jpg

Perched atop and keeping a vigil
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1629.jpg

With momma dearest
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1692.jpg

8 feet of sheer constrictor power
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3320.jpg

Herd crossing
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3487.jpg

Caution: Detailed account and too many photos coming up

Superb pics. I'm all eyes. Give me more.

The constrictor was scary alright.Looking forward to more

That bugger looks like a reticulated python. And he looks more than 8 feet!

Yes, A python it is. I think you are extremely lucky to see a python in the wild. And I hope you will post pics of the cold stare soon :)

kya irada hai boss?? you cant start a thread in the middle of the night and leave us hanging.. POST! :D

Am hooked !

Did you get any more pictures of the Python ?

wonderful! good start to the thread, waiting for more! I have wanted to visit Tadoba for a long while, but havent been able to make it happen yet. Maybe some day...

place looks very green.

Awaiting more! At first glance looks like a russel viper. But then, it definitely seems bigger.
Vegetation looks perfect for Tigers and leapords!

In two words - Awesome Beginning. Now where is the rest? F5 F5 F5

Cold stare, close encounter with a Tiger? Wow, don't tell me you met them very close. I'm all eyes to read & waiting for the pics. Pls keep them rolling.

great preview. Expecting more.

An interesting thread title to start off with, the COLD STARE part of the story says it all . Please don't keep us lesser mortals waiting.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1999935)
That bugger looks like a reticulated python. And he looks more than 8 feet!

You seem to have known the python for long ? From that image it doesn't look so :D .

A nice thread beginning, it is always an awesome experience to spot the wild.

Now i am curious about "THE COLD STARE". Bring it on...FAST PLZ

btw, what is the location ? Moharli ? how far from hyd/blr ?