Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 22:47   #46

Brother, Every state/region has its own cusine which is the most interesting part of our country. If North Indians eat these as Bajra Roti then we eat bajra(Kambhu) by making "Kambhu Adai", "Kambhu Dosai", "Kambhu Koozh(porridge)" etc., Infact in olden days most of the common peasant's daily food would mostly be Bajra, Maize, Ragi, Thinai(I do not know the name in english) etc to make porridge or use these grains like rice regularly. Then Rice is a costly one than other grains. So regular Rice flour Dosai and Idly would be consumed only on auspicious days /festivals.

It is on purpose they lay it on the roads for vehicles to run over them which helps them to seperate grains from the hay. The way they extract grains by spreading them on the roads is one major problem for travellers by bus/Cars. Sometimes Cars get stuck in the hay. It is a pain to go by bus during the harvest seasons. Your Hair is full of Fodders & Dust(though the flavour is amazing). But Hey it saves lot of money for those poor farmers. Sorry for the OT.
Old 19th August 2010, 04:24   #47
BHPian

Wow Driving_Dreams! This is amazing. I would love to have those. Its so much of a home-made thing and one would not get it in hotels. I have been in TN for more than a decade but havent tasted this. What a shame! Very nice description from you especially the fodder/dust in the hair and the flavour. Essence of rural life! Thanks for all the info. I am learning every day.
Old 19th August 2010, 08:58   #48
Team-BHP Support

Good to see you had a full circle, all inclusive!
Old 19th August 2010, 09:21   #49
BHPian

Thanks, Amp. And a full circle on this TL as well. Finished the loop on the Tranquebar TL as well. The pending one now is the 2009 Xmas trip, still stuck at Bhagamandala
Old 7th September 2010, 22:20   #50
BHPian

this is exactly what i am looking for...
i am planning a group tour to Talakona. A group of at least 30 members. Would appreciate if you guys can give me some info.
I see that there are 7 deluxe non a/c and 5 standard non a/c rooms in AP tourism brochure. What about the dormitories? how many dormitories are available?

Basically planning to book all rooms + dormitories.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:55   #51
BHPian

30 people, taking bath at Talakona! Your building overhead tank would be a better bet for the 30 people. Sorry - this is not to discourage you. But if you are coming from Hyderabad maybe there are other places. Ah! I see, combining Tirupati with this.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:36   #52
BHPian

Naah naah.. strictly no Tirupati. We have actually covered all possible places- Araku,Vizag, Papikondalu, Konnaseema, Nagarjuna sagar.

Is there no water in the waterfall? we are planning in 2nd or 3rd week of november
Old 8th September 2010, 22:53   #53
BHPian

Did you see the picture of the falls katpasin? Not that I took, but what they advertise. Even that does not have water. And since they have advertised it that should be the max it goes to. Coming all the way from Hyderabad it would be a disappointment, unless you are clubbing some other places or on your way to Bangalore or something. Cross over to the west-coast/KA from Hyderabad towards Jog/Shimoga,Kudachadri,Shivasamudra for greenery/waterfall/hills, dont travel south-bound from Hyd. We are all in the rain-shadow region and less hydrated. I have to travel a minimum of 250 km to see a hill or a waterfall. There is Venkateswara Hills around Talakona, but the peaks dont go too high and the vegetation dont give much shade.

Last edited by jeevmenon : 8th September 2010 at 22:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks