Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 11:37   #46
BHPian

Awesome and mind blowing pictures . You surely have an excellent eye for the photos. The insect trying to escape from the rain drop is an excellent snap. Am eagerly waiting for the leopard adventure.

Regarding the tribes, it is so sad that even simple basic facilities are not provided to them. As citizens, we are also at fault. How indifferent are we?
Old 1st September 2010, 11:45   #47
BHPian

Brilliant pictures! My personal favourite is the Vine Snake and the lurknig Cheetah. Can you please share what gear you were carrying?
Old 1st September 2010, 14:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
You are modest too but as far as the pictures I have seen in this forum, I found your's are simply the best.

I know I am asking for a lot, but put the actual size of all the high resolutions pics. All are equally beautiful and wanted.
+1 to that. Dr. Ghosh, these are simply awesome. I have given 5-star to this thread but it deserves 6-stars.
Old 1st September 2010, 15:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

I was not active since couple of weeks and somehow missed this. Amazing snaps, water droplets and all are NATGEO stuff. Also would like you appreciate the efforts taken to showcase the hardships of tribals, its worth highlighting.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:34   #50
BHPian

Dr.Ghosh,

Fantastic snaps. Brilliant work. Thank you so much for sharing them. Excellent coverage.
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
You are modest too but as far as the pictures I have seen in this forum, I found your's are simply the best.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Dr. Ghosh,

Awesome photography...bug in rain drop, bull frog perspective, crested eagle, dead frog, brothers in arms, misty four, colors of monsoon are the pick of the lot.
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
You are emerging as a Wikipedia for the central Indian forests, a great help for guys like me and many other newcomers. The info and data you share here is most invaluable and a guide to many who want to visit these places.

I will be there in all probability during Dussera vacations, need to catch up with you very soon as time lost an never be brought back, just been to Srisailam and the prey base and predator numbers here (3, 558Km2) compared to smaller reserves is extremely woeful and pathetic.
It is my constant endeavour to explore unexplored areas and bring out such jewels for the information of our team members. The great shots that I get i these trips is a kind of bonus !!

Looking forward to your visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Awesome and mind blowing pictures . You surely have an excellent eye for the photos. The insect trying to escape from the rain drop is an excellent snap. Am eagerly waiting for the leopard adventure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Dr.Ghosh,

Fantastic snaps. Brilliant work. Thank you so much for sharing them. Excellent coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
+1 to that. Dr. Ghosh, these are simply awesome. I have given 5-star to this thread but it deserves 6-stars.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
Brilliant pictures! My personal favourite is the Vine Snake and the lurknig Cheetah. Can you please share what gear you were carrying?
I was using a canon 40d body with a sigma 17-70mm macro zoom lens for most of these shots.

Emboldened by the appreciation of all of you for the bug in the raindrop pic, I entered the same photo in a city level general photography competition this evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I was not active since couple of weeks and somehow missed this. Amazing snaps, water droplets and all are NATGEO stuff. Also would like you appreciate the efforts taken to showcase the hardships of tribals, its worth highlighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Dr Ghosh: Beautiful pictures and for a great cause. The pace of the growth of the country is catching the tribals unaware and the worse case is that they have a house which they cannot call theirs though they have been living in that area for generations.
If only politicians stopped making photo ops at tribals houses and actually cared!

The number of hospitals for the number of people is alarming. Is this REALLY the same state where an apartment in the city which costs couple of crores is fully booked in a month?? Same state which has many noteworthy ministers in the central govt?? Need i say more on who is cared for!

Now moving over to animals i have a query which i am looking for an answer for: Why is forest dept more concerned with planting teak trees in the forests with elephant population? Should the trees be diverse and have all sorts of species and specially Bamboo? As this is one staple diet for elephants and i believe elephants hardly touch a teak tree! Is it because of the price of selling a teak tree in the market as compared to the other species?
Teak is the plantation of choice for the FDCM areas around the forests which act as buffer and also get revenue to the department. Thats my logical understanding of this.

My work on the problems of these tribals is not over yet and i will be going back soon to continue my documentation.

Here are some people shots from this trip.......

Taken during one of the rare rain free moments
Heaven & Hell @ the same place.......  Melghat Tiger Reserve here I come-prase.jpg

Experiments with a Spider on my face
Heaven & Hell @ the same place.......  Melghat Tiger Reserve here I come-spider.jpg

Under Starry skies
Heaven & Hell @ the same place.......  Melghat Tiger Reserve here I come-uder-starry-skies-ghorpad.jpg

We encountered the leopard in this sojurn. Advised to take a look at the blown up version of this image to notice that star trails in the background. Photographed using self timer and a couple of strategically placed torches for the lighting effect.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great picture. Is the gypsy in the last your RV project?
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Great picture. Is the gypsy in the last your RV project?
Thanks. No its the Gypsy which I use for my routine jungle trips customized for wildlife photography and is stationed at nagpur. The safari vehicle project Gypsy is a different vehicle.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:10   #54
BHPian

Doc, how long did you have the shutter open for the last pic? Waiting for the leopard story

Last edited by neoranjit : 2nd September 2010 at 22:12.
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:36   #55
BHPian

My 5 star to this thread!!!
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:03   #56
BHPian

This is the first thread I have rated 5 stars,

The last picture is simply awesome. Initially I thought you added those stars but they are real and amazing.

I wish I could ever do a night safari like this. Am not a photographer but would love the adventure.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:27   #57
BHPian

Nostalgia..

Looking at these places from your perspective really makes me wonder are these the same places where I use to be atleast twice a month..?

Dr. Sahab, I am from Amravati and me along with my very close friends have spent a lot of days (more of nights) all over melghat. Its a different story that we never spotted a tiger here, but had a rendezvous on my lone visit to Pench, when I was working at Nagpur (great time I spent there..!)

Though I missed, but my friends have also volunteered for the wildlife census a few times. If you are interested, I can arrange a visit for you as well, but it happens in May every year, so heat might be a problem.

Amazing post Doc, a five star rating from my side..!

PS: Next time also try to cover Tarobandha and Dhakna, thats one amazing section of the jungle.

Last edited by cyclops : 3rd September 2010 at 12:29.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Oh gosh!! The spider pic is actually scary. The starry sky pic has come out very well.

Waiting for the leopard story soon!!

Rating 5 stars
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:01   #59
BHPian

Great Pictures. The one of the Gypsy under the stars is well taken. But I am not fooled by the spider on your face photo . Nicely taken though
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:21   #60
BHPian

Amazing pictures Dr. Ghosh. The gypsy's shot and the bug in the drop is too good.
Waiting for the rest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks