Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:36   #16
BHPian

From Pune, Srisailem is quite a distance but this is a trip that I want to take for a long time. The superb snaps have given an added impetus.. What is the best route from Pune? I think I need to go to Raichur in Karnataka and then to Kurnool but am ot very sure which is the beat road surface. If I can plan it quickly may be mid September I may have time for a quick getaway.
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
I think I need to go to Raichur in Karnataka and then to Kurnool but am ot very sure which is the beat road surface.
frequentflyer,
Your route is fine too but I would suggest you take Pune-Hyd-Srisailam, as the Pune-Hyd stretch is good and will get you here more comfortably, from here Srisailam is 175kms. Any info or help you need...feel free to PM me.
Regards,
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:43   #18
BHPian

Thanks Fazal, will certainly take your help when I plan the journey. It is going to happen, that much I am certain of. It could be during some of the festival days when the city is practically closed down anyway!
Old 6th September 2010, 07:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Fazal Saab,

Inspired by your trip, we had an awesome trip and many thanks for the help. Please pass my thanks to Devidas Bhai as well. I'm bowled over by the beauty of the place but the local and forest department apathy makes me sad and dreadful of the way its headed.

Please give me a shout if you are headed there sometime next month or so.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2010, 10:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm bowled over by the beauty of the place but the local and forest department apathy makes me sad and dreadful of the way its headed.Cheers
+1 to that. The forset dept gaurds act in a manner as if they are doing us a big favour by talking to us. They need to be taught how to behave with people.

The beauty of the place is such that you never get bored of it no matter how many times you visit the place.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
The forest dept guards act in a manner as if they are doing us a big favour by talking to us.

The beauty of the place is such that you never get bored of it no matter how many times you visit the place.
+10 to that. I have been to many states and their forests.
In terms of management, courtesy, efficiency, accountability, results and all things positive, A.P. forest dept. is the last on my list and the first is Karnataka.

The A.P. dept. guys feel they own the forest in the state and every visitor is a trespasser, it is a classic case of trying to conceal their mismanagement and corruption.
Old 12th January 2011, 08:53   #22
BHPian

Re: Srisailam: Revisited.

Fazal Saab

As i am new here i have been going through travelogues as I'm more interested in them, but i didn't know that there was so much to see in srisailam. I have been there more than a couple of times for devotional purposes with family but next i will be planning it for a trek and sightseeing. But alas there wouldn't be such scrumptious food for us!
Old 13th January 2011, 11:48   #23
BHPian

Aha !
Some of my old memories of 2003 srisailem trip got refreshed. I was told by a friend that its an amazing trekking place and I drove my bike all the way from Bangalore in late 2003. My roll camera was not working at that time. Attached is the only pic, which I got on the trip from one of those "1 minute photo guys" at the Srisailem dam (50 bucks that time for 1 photo). I did try some trekking for about 2-3 hours, however one of the forest office guys told me to go back as it was dangerous to trek all alone. He told me there could tigers around. Lol !
I sure loved the drive around Srisailem.

Thanks to your photos, the lovely memories got refreshed.
Attached Thumbnails
Srisailam: Revisited.-srisalem.jpg  

Old 30th June 2014, 06:23   #24
BHPian

Fazal Bhai

Bumping up an old thread , I'm planning a road trip to various forests on my next visit to India and would be grateful if you can provide some pointers , Srisailam being close to Hyderabad will be the first trip on the list as I have some good memories of the place during my college days , your various travelogues of Srisailam are absolutely amazing and a wonderful guide for enthusiasts like me , I'm planning to visit the place in November purely to soak up the forest experience and any wild life sighting will be an absolute bonus , is it the right time to go to Srisailam , have come across news in certain quarters that access to Farhabad view point has been closed due to supreme court order , have you or your contacts got the latest update regarding this place by any chance.
Also planning a road trip to Bandipur - Nagarhole - Madhumalai from Hyderabad , is late Nov / Early Dec the time to visit this place ? , the purpose would be to get some wildlife sightings and enjoy the nature in its original form, planning to spend 3-4 days there along with couple of cousins , any pointers regarding accommodation and intricate details of the trip that need to be considered while planning would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Vickzkool

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks