Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 19:45   #1

Bangalore - Yercaud Trip Sep 2010

Hello BHPians,

last week completed my first long drive trip from Bangalore to Yercaud. For a first timer travelling with wife, kid, my friend and his family... wanted a destination which is not very far (between 200 and 250 kms) yet far enough to give driving pleasure... and Yercaud fits the bill. but unfortunately couldnt plan in advance.

After spending 2-3 hours on team-bhp travelogues i was comfortable about routes. Specially i would like to mention post by XH_Vee which was very detailed and almost only thing i referred.

Since this is the very latest trip, i have updated couple of things in addition to post by XH_vee:

**Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Yercaud - Salem - Krishnagiri - Hosur - Bangalore
Total Km = 495
Toll: Electronic city flyover ~60 + somewhere near Hosur ~50 + Krishnagiri - 30 + Dharmapuri - 25 + Salem - 45 = ~Rs. 200 (one way)**

7:15am - Started my journey from Kagadaspura (C V Raman Nagar),
7:40am - Bellandur ..picked up friend and his family... continued on to Hosur road, passed electronic city (the new 9 km flyover is simply awesome). We faced huge traffic until we crossed Hosur.
9:00am - Took a pit stop @ A2B (Anand Bhavan) for breakfast/tea and spent time with kids playing and then quick photo session ;-).
9:45am - Left A2B and then continued on NH7 cruising at 100+kmph for 2 hours crossing Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri. We just have to follow signage for Salem.
11:30am - Just 5kms before reaching Salem, we will come across a Y-shape diversion.take left road which enters village/town. this is bypass to avoid reaching Salem and directly enter Yercaud. This road then leads to a "Paanch raasta" (5 roads) and the extreme left goes to Yercaud.
12:15pm - Just at the signboard which reads 'Yercaud Ghat starts', we took another break for light lunch.we again begun in 20mins or so.
1:15pm - After crossing 20 hairpin bends we reach Yercaud's main lake which is one of the site-seeing spot.

Journey towards Yercaud took us nearly 5+ hours which i think was okay for a beginner plus kids and family (wanting to stop and relax) and my speed governer who would shout everytime speedo crosses 110...i wonder if she enjoyed the nature and landscapes outside...
On return the next day we started at 12:30pm and continued without a break till we reached A2B i.e. Anand Bhavan (~75km from Bangalore) at 3:30pm.nearly 180kms in little than 3 hours.after a break of an hour we again started at 4:30 and reached Bellandur at 5:30pm.

Awesome roads and overall my first long drive was very exciting.

Hope you find this useful. Planning for Bangalore Mumbai trip on 1st Oct and most interestingly this time alone..i.e. without my speed governer
Happy driving

Cheers,
human_being

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th September 2010 at 19:56. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 12th September 2010, 21:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nice start for a first post!

Can you please point the by-pass on Google maps? The "panch rasta", the one you are referring to is it 5-roads junction?

I am confused because you said this is 5Km before Salem, where as 5 roads junction is right in Salem.
Old 12th September 2010, 22:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice start for a first post!

Can you please point the by-pass on Google maps? The "panch rasta", the one you are referring to is it 5-roads junction?

I am confused because you said this is 5Km before Salem, where as 5 roads junction is right in Salem.
IIRC, the the left fork of Y takes us into Salem town and the 5-roads junction, I think he is referring to the same.
@human_being, can you please confirm? Also, how is the weather now?
Old 12th September 2010, 22:42   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
IIRC, the the left fork of Y takes us into Salem town and the 5-roads junction, I think he is referring to the same.
@human_being, can you please confirm? Also, how is the weather now?
That was through process too.
Then I guess we do have to go through Salem town.

That's why I was thinking where is the by-pass?
Old 13th September 2010, 19:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey human_being, some of us Tbhpians were in Yercaud too over the weekend, it is another thing that we never ventured into town till it was time to leave.
Old 14th September 2010, 01:02   #6
BHPian

That was a nice crispy write up. This place is in my wishlist for quite some time. Please share some pictures.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:59   #7
BHPian

Nice write up. I will be keeping tab on all travelogues from Banglore as I will be reloacting to banglore soon.

Please post some pics.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice crisp write up. Some pics would do justice to the TL. Also where were you staying in Yercaud?
Old 14th September 2010, 18:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

I was there too. I saw a black Scorpio with a tbhp sticker. My car is a purple Palio.
Old 15th September 2010, 08:29   #10
BHPian

Please post some snaps too. This is a good time to go to Yercaud. I spend 2 years of my life in Yercaud. It is my favourite get away from it all destination.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks