Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 18:58   #1
BHPian

Escapade to the Wilderness of Srisailam

What started off as an email sent out of frustration, enveloped into an amazing escapade from the Wilderness of the Concrete Jungles of Hyderabad to the Wilderness of Srisailam for the Hydies.

Been planning for a Mega Drive meet for a long time, but it never worked out. The plans were chalked out, things put into place for the trip. At the last moment, Rain Gods had a different idea and decided to act crazy. Lashing rains also lashed our well laid out plans for the MEGA GOA DRIVE MEET'2010.

On a dark and gloomy day, an email popped up on my mobile with title "Camping in Srisailam". Avinash's mail ignited the fire that spread like WILD FIRE. Zillions of Mails were exchanged, plans chalked out, confirmations flowing in, tentative’s moving to confirmed lists, confirmed moving to tentative list, some neither being Confirmed nor Tentative. The date was Saturday, for "Camping at Srisailam Drive"

Motivated/Inspired by Fazal's travelogue to Srisailam, we thought let’s do it & we were on with the trip.

Most of the confirmed members were entrusted with a responsibility.

Ani (MC) took the responsibility of booking the rooms (which never happened, will tell you later about the antics of our very own Ani ( Milecruncher)

Nikhil (Traveloholic) was the Procurement Specials – Edible & took the responsibility of procuring edible stuff. Chicken & Meat was procured and marinated. Much of the stuff was in place by Friday night.

BTW, No one was willing to take the responsibility of WAKING UP EVERYONE AT 5.30

Saturday was the D-Day, the day we planned for the Camping at Srisailam Drive Meet.

Mobiles started blurting out crazy ringtones early in the morning, it felt like the total Mobile Network was jammed due to our frequency of Calls. SMSes Exchanged, Calls Made, Some Calls unanswered, Some Calls dropped, somehow we all managed to assemble at the proposed meeting point. It was a moment of ultimate happiness to see MC’s Storm eagerly awaiting at NMDC, Humayun Nagar.

In Attendance were:
  1. Mobike008
  2. MileCruncher
  3. Highway Lover
  4. Traveloholic
  5. FleetMaster
  6. Srimath
  7. Gaurav (non-TBHP Member)
  8. Arcot Srinivas (non-TBHP Member)
  9. Ratish KP (non-TBHP Member)
It was a proper mix of TBHP Members & Non-TBHP Members.

Attachment 423762

The planned route was HYD-Shamshabad Airport - Srisailam Highway - Kalwakurty - Dindi - Srisailam

The Drive to the Wilderness of Srisailam
Attachment 423765

Raj Kiran (Highway Lover) was kind and considerate enough to ensure that we get to fill our hungry tummies enroute to Srisailam. The much needed stop over was at Raj’s Place at Kalwakurthy. Raj’s been posting in the email thread about the proposed breakfast at his place, which proved to be worth it.

The real fun started after we flagged off from Kalwakurthy..... coming up soon

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th September 2010 at 20:46. Reason: Corrected a few spelling errors. Thanks !
Old 14th September 2010, 19:29   #2
BHPian

*Attaching images again, as the images seem to have been lost in transit. It's Information Superhighway and itsy bitsy pieces do get lost during tansit.

Campers at the pristine wilderness of Srisailam
Escapade to the Wilderness of Srisailam-campers.jpg

The Drive to the Wilderness of Srisailam
Escapade to the Wilderness of Srisailam-dsc_0018_filtered.jpg
Old 14th September 2010, 20:30   #3
BHPian

The natural tunnel created by the trees in the second picture is reallly nice. Please post more pictures. Also publish the second part soon.
Old 14th September 2010, 20:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

That was one crazy, fun-filled and impromptu trip to the beautiful forests of Srisailam.

Look forward to loads of pictures and write-up of this trip.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, you have already started one week late. Please don't delay any further and let us relive the crazy trip again.

Awesome fun we had. Please bring it on faster!
Old 14th September 2010, 22:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil bhai! Awesome start for the travelogue. I missed the fun this time as I traveled home for Eid!
Now, Start posting the rest of the details soon!
Old 14th September 2010, 22:16   #7
BHPian

super cool pics. will be glued to this.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good build up to the fun you guys have had!

The second pic is very good and sets the mood for the kind of wilderness trip you guys went to.

Waiting eagerly for the rest!
Old 14th September 2010, 22:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Also another tidbit about the trip: The road was bad and while the Santro and the Palio would slowly negotiate the bad patches, I would just storm thru my way and then wait for them to catch up. So after a few times, decided to go slow let others to drive ahead of me
Old 15th September 2010, 09:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Much awaited travelogue!!!!!

waiting for more.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:54   #11
BHPian

Nikhil (Traveloholic) writes only when paid for and i get paid only at office to do this. More posts coming soon.
Old 15th September 2010, 13:03   #12
BHPian

Definitely one of the best trips i had. watching the water swirl formations with MC's storm headlights was priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Raj Kiran (Highway Lover) was kind and considerate enough to ensure that we get to fill our hungry tummies enroute to Srisailam. The much needed stop over was at Raj’s Place at Kalwakurthy. Raj’s been posting in the email thread about the proposed breakfast at his place, which proved to be worth it.
[/i]
It was all my pleasure
Old 15th September 2010, 15:11   #13
BHPian

Hi guys,

Looking forward to some great pics.

Regards

Rajesh
Old 15th September 2010, 15:29   #14
BHPian

Hi Guys

AM waiting for the rest of the travelogue, would you recommend Srisailam for a bunch of 6 - 8 guys for a 4 day holiday or is it an overnight destination only?

Subs
Old 15th September 2010, 15:42   #15
BHPian

Subs - A 4 day holiday would be too much. I would suggest a max of 2 days. You can also check other places like bellum caves (near kurnool i think).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks