Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 18:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post
Quite a few veg restaurants in Baga/Calangute area.

you didn't miss much by not catching the river cruise.
Aditya, Oh yes, there are quite a few veg rest. in Calangute. Its just that you have to look around a bit. Wifey has a roving eye for those shops which sell stuff and manages to spot the veg rest. in between.
Now i am glad i didnt do the river cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Wow, you really covered almost all of Goa in this short vacation. I've been to Goa n times but there are still places that I've not seen. Once on vacation, I'm just too lazy to go around - stick to a beach, enjoy the food and the sun and the drink. You'd have to get a back hoe to move me from there
Well, i left out south Goa entirely. But yeah, north i did cover extensively.
I am like that at home, but on a vacation its a role reversal. I wake up early without alarm and spend the next 1-2 hours waking up the lady
Old 24th September 2010, 18:40   #32
BHPian

So luck you guys are, I envy all the travellers like you here. I love to travel, but dont get leaves, when i get leaves, I have other commitments.

But again, I satisfy the traveller in me reading the posts written by people like you.

All the best for your future travels and dont ever miss to the same here...

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Thanks Rajesh. Yes, i have my eyes set on a north tour (Delhi-Shimla-Manali) for December - train booking done. My Gujarat trip for Oct got cancelled - else i had planned to explore all of Saurashtra including the little Rann of Kutch, this time. Between Oct and Nov i have plans to do Pench, Tadoba (tiger mating season and sightings are almost gaurenteed), Pune, Nagpur and a southern leg of both KA (kumaraparavatha, kudremukh, udipi) and TN (ooty, kodai, kanyakumari and Rameshwaram). I know these are too many but I plan to cover atleast 4 of them, 2 in MH for sure and 1 each in KA and TN.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:56   #33
BHPian

Believe me buddy, getting leaves is an eternal problem for me, top it off with wife also having to go thru the same hassle. We try to club the long weekends and 2 days leave. I only take 1 long vacation in a week, that too only 6 days (thts the longest i can get thanks to wife's profile) and club the long weekend. The goal is to cover and absorb as much of our amazing landscape in as much short time as possible. One life!
Oh sure Rajesh, i learnt and enjoyed immensly from the TL's posted here and its my time to return the favor. THere are many more i missed logging, but will log shortly. Enjoy.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only take 1 long vacation in a week, that too only 6 days (thts the longest i can get thanks to wife's profile) and club the long weekend.
Buddy, I would consider changing my job for this . Just kiddin. Nice pictures again, so the water-sking was superb?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Buddy, I would consider changing my job for this . Just kiddin. Nice pictures again, so the water-sking was superb?
my bad. Just noticed my folly. I obviously meant 1 long vacation of 6 days leave in an year. Water-sking was one of the best experiences i had. Pure adrenalin burst. The guy who accompanies you actually handles the throttle and pushes it to the limit. The sea changes drastically once you are a km into it, with large waves that are nothing like the ones you see on the beach. The scooter splashing against these waves is like WOW!
Old 13th October 2010, 15:19   #36
BHPian

I too was in Goa enjoying my trip during end of Aug 2010. Visited most of the places that you have. Thanks for refreshing my memories.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Water-sking was one of the best experiences i had. Pure adrenalin burst. The guy who accompanies you actually handles the throttle and pushes it to the limit. The sea changes drastically once you are a km into it, with large waves that are nothing like the ones you see on the beach. The scooter splashing against these waves is like WOW!
Water Sking brings back those memories. I still remember the ride i've had on a Water Scooter in the vast vast ocean. This was in Goa long time ago, when they used to hand out Water Scooters to single riders too. They charged about 700/- for a 15 Minute ride into the Sea, that too all alone. It was sheer fun & want to relive it again. Alas, this cannot be done now due to changes in the Rent-Out funda of these guys. Now, they accompany you to the ride. Earlier, it used to be drive alone. This was valid only on a weekday and not for weekends.
Old 15th October 2010, 10:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

I enjoyed this detailed travelogue very much. Excellent.

The Osbourne Hotel looks excellent VFM. Will definetely recommend it to someone.

You mentioned authorities confiscating in the train. Do they do that ? Where is the video ?
Old 15th October 2010, 10:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I enjoyed this detailed travelogue very much. Excellent.
The Osbourne Hotel looks excellent VFM. Will definetely recommend it to someone.
You mentioned authorities confiscating in the train. Do they do that ? Where is the video ?
Hi Kochar, Glad you enjoyed it! Oh yeah, they very much do it. I noticed that they were targeting bachelors, specifically. We, nor the other families in the coach were asked to open our bags. Most of them were let off with a fine and they tell me the at the end the cost worked out to be same as bought in Hyderabad . I will try and upload the video ASAP.
Yes, Osbourne was VFM with the deal we got. Even their peak season rates are not too steep, only availability seems to be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Water Sking brings back those memories.
Nikhil, water sking solo must have been WOW. I would have paid another 200 to that chap to do it alone. Alas, they have rules now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu Sarkar View Post
I too was in Goa enjoying my trip during end of Aug 2010. Visited most of the places that you have. Thanks for refreshing my memories.
Shananu, glad I did! Where is your TL? Our goan memories have started fading slowly and would also like to refresh it through your eyes.

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 15th October 2010 at 10:59.
Old 16th October 2010, 23:09   #40
BHPian

Hey Buddy, Even we are planning a trip to Goa and it is a budget trip. Could you suggest a place to stay which is decent. ?

-Rajesh
Old 17th October 2010, 08:41   #41
BHPian

Rajesh, the Tourist season has just started in Goa and most hotels have upped the ante (read rates). I used travelguru.com as they seem to have the most competetive rates and offers for stay of 3nights and more. Osborne is definitly a good choice for budget hotel (in the north goa) but there are many many more that may offer better pricing. A colleague of mine recently went to Goa with out booking in advance, landed there and got a good deal at Hotel Villa Teresa (1400 per night). He tells me it is a decent hotel, very close to the calangute beach.
Have a great trip!
Old 17th October 2010, 10:15   #42
BHPian

Goa in September rocks

I was in Goa on the same dates. Its completely off season but lovers delight. Weather is just perfect with monsoons around. I recommend anyone to goa in the monsoon just to see the real thing when the crowd just start to come in. People are off from their work and shops during ganesh festivals. This might lead to inavailability of taxis and some shops. But perfect time for indian skin to spend long hours on the beach.
Old 19th October 2010, 00:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Aditya, Oh yes, there are quite a few veg rest. in Calangute. Its just that you have to look around a bit. Wifey has a roving eye for those shops which sell stuff and manages to spot the veg rest. in between.
I am a non veg fan and I typically look only for non veg restaurants. But I have noticed that finding veg restaurant in north goa is actually quite easy.

You can find a veg restaurants serving a variety of cusine and not just limited to indian food. In the Anjuna/Vagator/Chapora area there are quite a few veg restaurants.

The german bakery in Anjuna has a pretty extensive veg spread and I always recommend them to a vegetarian person who is ok with going to a place that also cooks non veg stuff.

Just remember that a lot of the Hippies are vegetarian or vegan and anjuna area is full of them during the tourist season

-- no1lives4ever
Old 5th January 2011, 17:19   #44
BHPian

Re: Goanomics

Just an off target question. I am taking my car to Goa from Pune .
How is it driving in Goa with you own vehicle? Or renting one is a better option for moving around in Goa?
Is there any issue with vehicles from outside state there? how are parking options around known places like calangute, baga, anjuna beach?
Sorry too many questions
Old 5th January 2011, 17:31   #45
BHPian

Re: Goanomics

No issues for driving out station vehicles in Goa. I went to Goa in my KA registered vehicle, faced no issues at all. But please do follow the traffic rules in Goa. I see that many people follow the rules strictly (Compared to other states in India).

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Just an off target question. I am taking my car to Goa from Pune .
How is it driving in Goa with you own vehicle? Or renting one is a better option for moving around in Goa?
Is there any issue with vehicles from outside state there? how are parking options around known places like calangute, baga, anjuna beach?
Sorry too many questions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks