Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 14:40   #61
BHPian

Mindblowing! Interesting ! Fantastic! Awesome !

I was following the entire thread from day 1, i mean from the day you sent out the request for a KAAS visit.

I am impressed the way it turned out be and congratulate on the success of the visit.

Mindblowing travelogue. Keep it up Star
Old 13th October 2010, 21:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nandan, for your comments and appreciation.

Hangover of Kaas trip is still in our minds at home. Everyone in the family want to see the pictures everyday, again and again. So everyday evening after dinner, there is a Kaas session, i don't know how long it will run.

Staying with Kaas..atlast i got permission from my daughter to post the pictures taken by her at Kaas flower Valley.

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-path-heaven.jpg

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-femto-lake.jpg

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-micro-lake.jpg

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-flower-valley.jpg

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-flower-valley-ii.jpg

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-having-closer-look-flowers.jpg

These have been shot using Sony P&S camera set at 5MP resolution setting in Auto mode.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 13th October 2010 at 21:07.
Old 14th October 2010, 08:32   #63
BHPian

Hey Star,

She is too is a Star in the making just like Dad , i feel.

However, suggest her that Silhouette(s) (check the 4th picture) are to be avoided in photography, till one is shooting the silhouete itself.

I wish her the Very Best for her photography. Its an very interesting stuff, if one takes it up seriously.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nandan

Children always try to emulate their elders. My daughter is no different.
At Kaas Plateau, i was trying to take a picture of 3 idiots@Kaasmir, with myself, wife and daughter's shadow with the moon in the front and sun in the rear.

here is that image, previously uploaded by me
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-0920320idiots20in20kaasmir.jpg

My daughter standing to my left took the same image from her perspective. She missed the moon, but managed to compose Lalu, ANHC and the Kaas horizon into the the image.

this is her capture of the same view
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-flower20valley.jpg

This once again proves the age old management myth, when different people looking at an opportunity or a problem, they tend to look at it in their own way.

I was looking at Moon, Shadows and Flowers, where as She was probably looking at Shadows, Flowers, Lalu, ANHC and the fact that we were the only one in the valley at that time.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 14th October 2010 at 11:42.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Nandan

Children always try to emulate their elders. My daughter is no different.

I was looking at Moon, Shadows and Flowers, where as She was probably looking at Shadows, Flowers, Lalu, ANHC and the fact that we were the only one in the valley at that time.
Very well said Star!
I tend to love these explanations you give, and you already have some fans at my home due to this
Old 14th October 2010, 14:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lalu, You have been generous with your comments, , thanks

It appears, our travel destinations seems to be catching up as some of the attractions of India. I bought the Lonely Planet Oct 2010 issue last week end. It has top 5 attractions (or EASY TRIPS) of India this season with Kaas (#1 position) and Tranqebar (#3 position).

i am attaching the 3 page story on Kaas here. I will post the Tranqebar story in our other travelogue.

Hope this will help the people who like a very short and concise information than reading a multipage travelogue.

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-kaaslonely-planet-page-1.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-kaaslonely-planet-page-2.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-kaaslonely-planet-page-3.jpg

Last edited by StarVegabond : 14th October 2010 at 14:57.
StarVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2010, 06:45   #67
BHPian

All

I have been enthraled by the beauty of MH with MX6's log, ur log and Dream Diesel's logs.

And today, i see in TOI website about this piece of news, which just shocks me and makes me think, if atall we will have any of these forests , still standing, 15 years down the line.
Can anything be done about this thru this forum?

Mining blow to Western Ghats - The Times of India

A letter to Ramesh ?

Pls respond. sorry for hijacking ur thread Star.

Last edited by pramod : 15th October 2010 at 06:47.
Old 15th October 2010, 10:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

hi pramod

thanks for reading the thread and the appreciation.

i feel the topic you touched upon is of so much importance, it must be discussed in UN general assembly, our both houses of parliment and ofcourse state assembly. alternatively it could be discussed in courts of law.

this thread would be a too samll stage for such a discussion IMO
Old 17th October 2010, 10:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Today is Vijayadashami or Dussera, a day when GOOD scored victory over the EVIL

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-121020104037.jpg

I wish all friends a very happy, peaceful and prosperous Vijayadashmi
May Godess Durga empower you and your family with her nine good attributes viz. Name, Fame, Health, Wealth, Happiness, Human-ness (Budhhi), Education (Vidhya), Passion (Bhakti) and Strenght (Shakti).

Dussera, followed by Deepavali brings lots of prosperity, togetherness and celebration. Ofocurse, there will be vacations for the school. This is the time to create something as following quote apty puts it.

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-111020104035.jpg

After hectic visit to KAASmir, which is a minor version of heaven on the earth (KASHMIR being the major one), we thought of having a relaxed time in the paradise and with the mother.

Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-151020104044.jpg

that story is for another day..

Once again wish you a very happy Duessera or Vijayadashmi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks