Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 15:42   #16
BHPian

Re: My north trip - a photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Arun, why this special "va" at the end in Gur-gaon, it's anyways a concrete gaon!! how did you like the place ?
Seems like 2010 has been a wonderful year for you, lots of travelogues .
Meanwhile your snaps of getting caught in the act at the chotiwala looks tempting. Trip up north of Delhi, is long overdue.
Post the whole thing fast!!
Nothing special, Fordji, i was just trying to pronounce Gurgaon like the locals in HR pronounce it - with an extra va at the end. Yes, 2010 has definitly been a good year for me and wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Wow. amazing stuff.
Hrishikesh tops my chart on long pending UK trip.
Have you visited rudraprayag?
I want to be at that place. Wish get some more info from the forum.
sidd, thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately we havent been to rudraprayag, we were too short on time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
You seem to have lost weight! And nice photos of Hardwar there. Long lost memories.
We were Car-jacked in Hardwar in 2000 by the taxi drivers. Interesting story. Incidentally, it was also a moment of aggression from a rather relaxed me to extricate ourselves from a dangerous scenario!
Due to that we had to cut short our trip at Hardwar and come back to Delhi. Nice photos mate. Keep them coming.
MS, you must be kidding! As I discovered, UP is a Gastronomic paradise! Though I had a very upset tummy most of the time, it didnt stop me from hogging all the goodies in UP. I sure added some extra pounds in the middle.
Sirji, its time you collate all your experiences into a TL and share it with us. I am sure every encounter of yours will be a 5* potboiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
Great Trip Log.

As of today, the petrol in UP is RS 59.56/= and Delhi is RS 55.87/=. Delhi is much cheaper than even UP and that’s why you will see Delhi-UP border area petrol stations (on Delhi side) doing brisk business.

The Statue I guess is reasonably prices even if it was only Brass (no Gold coating). I would love to buy it anytime for that price considering the prices that I have seen till now. Will find out the prices from Moradabad (Brass Capital) soon.
Sanjay, with both! I am still kicking myself for not buying it. Next time for sure! At that moment, i just didnt want to add to my already humungous luggage.

The last stop was the obvious - WAH TAJ. We started from Aligarh, where we were visiting some of wifey's close relatives, and the route to Agra is very badly broken up. The fact that we were travelling in a UP State transport bus (I admit I am on a cost cutting drive but cant stop the touring also) didnt help either. It was highly unkempt, seats rock solid and occasional bursts of pan spit shower from the windows.

Agra, the last time I was there, I knew was a place where tourists get fleeced - right royally.

It turned the tables on me! Every tour guide, rickshaw walla etc we met this time around were downright honest. The efforts to save the TAJ were quite evident. No Diesel or Petrol vehicles are allowed in a 2KM radius of the TAJ. KUDOS UP GOVT.

tourists have to either walk upto the ticket counter or have the option of taking this battery operated rickshaw.

My north trip - a photologue-2.jpg

My north trip - a photologue-3.jpg

The rickshaw walla was quite knowledgable about the TAJ and helped us with some history and helped store our huge luggage at store rooms near the UP handlooms and handicrafts showroom.

First glimpse of the TAJ from the main road

My north trip - a photologue-1.jpg

The entry gate to the TAJ

My north trip - a photologue-4.jpg

Verses from the Quran on the Arch of the main gate

My north trip - a photologue-5.jpg

WAH TAJ - Different angles

My north trip - a photologue-6.jpg

My north trip - a photologue-7.jpg

My north trip - a photologue-8.jpg

My north trip - a photologue-9.jpg

The main Arch entrance to the TAJ - where the tombs of Shahjahan and Mumtaj rest

My north trip - a photologue-10.jpg

No more diesel boats in the meandering Yamuna

My north trip - a photologue-11.jpg

Behind the TAJ

My north trip - a photologue-12.jpg

It was almost sunset time

My north trip - a photologue-12..jpg

Caught this raptor perched on the top

My north trip - a photologue-13.jpg
Old 28th December 2010, 16:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great photolouge ET. Keep them coming!!
Old 29th December 2010, 09:35   #18
BHPian

I gazed again and again at the petrol tank pic!!! Couldnt believe pertol is almost 10 bucks lesser there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks