Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 21:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Two Trips -Down Memory lane - Pune - Udupi

Oh... So this is what happened to you. Hope you get well soon. I was reminded of my own experience as a kid. My younger brother and I were clambering down a wall that were almost 1.5 times our height. We had to climb down onto a sloping rock face. Halfway down I jumped down and landed on one leg with the ankle completely twisted to one side. I saw stars in my eyes. Luckily my brother managed to help me limb back home. Take rest MS. Torn ligaments can create havoc.

-Biju
Old 5th January 2011, 09:23   #47
BHPian

Rest well now for serious fun when you recover..
Old 5th January 2011, 11:25   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Anil. I couldn't take any photo in this period. The one's were taken by my wife which are already here. I took loads of them of Udupi, which will come shortly. Apologies for the delay. Weekend was lost in personal sundry things. But there are some nice photos of Udupi that will come up as the story unfolds.
Come on saar, I understand. The least I could do is that. I never expected pics from you during this period.

I felt really sad when I first saw your chat about your leg, I know it is agonizing because I'd been there, done that (though for my knee) and I know your ankle will be back to its pinkest form soon and you will be back with your traveler's soul!!
Old 8th January 2011, 13:00   #49
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Dare I say " You were really crazy" to do that Sringeri trip with the leg in that condition. to your spirit.

Pls do take ample rest (if not already) and let that leg heal completely once and for all.
Thanks for your wishes f1fan. But rest and the rest all can wait. The spirit is now geared up for the Kashid meet tomorrow. We shall catch up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Mani

I feel terrible to see you like this. .
Being confined on a wheel chair or taking help of crutches is the worst thing to happen to a adult human.

Please get on your foot again. I am sure it is very painful for your parents and wife to see you like this. Don't get into any adventure till doctors advice your leg to be okay, else you might repeat the pain for them and yourself.

Get Well Soon.
Thanks for your wishes Star. You are absolutely right about the wheel chair or crutches part. And it was very painful not just for my parents and wife. This evoked strange feelings from my daughter too. She used to come and caress my leg every while saying oovvaaaa (Injury in her baby language).
Only in such times one gets to know the true meaning of Kuch Khatta and Kuch Meetha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
That was a double whammy.
Highlights a few things:
- the apathy of most people (bless the old man for helping you)
- insensitive attitude of those in governance - especially cops - to suffering and inconvenience caused to common public (look at how MX6 faced difficulties to and fro hospital all thanks to some VIP visitor)
- on a lighter note, those who drive should not take buses! (no offence, MX6)

I guess there is more to come.....that act of his in removing the cast sounds ominous!!!!
It is indeed double whammy. And the act of removing the cast actually made things ominous. MX6 was like the Angry young man of 70s and 80s bollywood for the next few days. It was payback time to all the morons on the road!
And you are right about drivers should not take public transport part! I wanted to keep costs down so took the bus. Now over the treatment and taxi charges I spent enough amount that would have funded one more sringeri drive!
But it's all about perspectives. On hindsight, if we think that the slip of leg was bound to happen as a matter of fate, I was better off with my leg slipping while I was walking than the leg slipping when I'm trying to slam the brakes hard on GQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Oh... So this is what happened to you. Hope you get well soon. I was reminded of my own experience as a kid. My younger brother and I were clambering down a wall that were almost 1.5 times our height. We had to climb down onto a sloping rock face. Halfway down I jumped down and landed on one leg with the ankle completely twisted to one side. I saw stars in my eyes. Luckily my brother managed to help me limb back home. Take rest MS. Torn ligaments can create havoc.

-Biju
Thanks PJB. How about joining us for Kashid drive meet? This was a freak accident. And Accidents happen. 2011 has begun in a positive way. 2010 was horrible. Probably the worst on all counts. 2011 starts with a lot of positivity and whiff of fresh air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
Rest well now for serious fun when you recover..
The fun hasn't stopped Mohsin. I rested for 3 months after the first accident. Just the lethargy set in. Now life is as usual. Remarkably, things are getting better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Come on saar, I understand. The least I could do is that. I never expected pics from you during this period.

I felt really sad when I first saw your chat about your leg, I know it is agonizing because I'd been there, done that (though for my knee) and I know your ankle will be back to its pinkest form soon and you will be back with your traveler's soul!!
Yeah. Knee and Ankle are two worse areas to have ligament injuries (any injury for that matter of fact). Thanks to good wishes of you guys, I'm already feeling like spreading my wings and soaring!

So why did MX6 do the back to back trips? Coming up later tonight.

And the photos of Udupi will unfold too!
Old 11th January 2011, 19:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Yeah. Knee and Ankle are two worse areas to have ligament injuries (any injury for that matter of fact). Thanks to good wishes of you guys, I'm already feeling like spreading my wings and soaring!
So why did MX6 do the back to back trips? Coming up later tonight.
And the photos of Udupi will unfold too!
been there, done that for the knee. I can imagine how difficult it must be. If there is a bright side, it does give us the opportunity at another perspective.
It looks like 'later tonight' didnt work out. I hope everythings fine with your ankle, and that we dont get to read any more SNAPs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks