Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:57   #1
BHPian

Ride to Lepakshi on my RD350-Short report

Started the new year with a long pending long drive.
6 bikes,7 members. total 280 Kms travelled in a day.

We had planned for a ride on 1 Jan, but since most of the members were busy we pushed it to Sunday ( I personally dont like outings on sundays since i dont get time to recover from the strain).

We started at 6 Am and all members assembled opp Swati hotel near kodigehalli gate,After hebbal at around 6.30 am and we started our ride at 7 am.

The weather was pleasant and absolutely no traffic ( lazy sunday after new year parties i guess). Stopped near Airport junction for a small photoshoot and later we all got scattered and each one went on his own pace.
The road is in excellent condition and the weather was a bit cloudy and misty.We soon reached Kamat hotel and ordered some breakfast.
but the service was so pathetic that we would get only idlis, or pooris and had to wait for 20 mins for chatni and they were serving all items so slowly. We got pissed off and decided NOT TO PAY and we all started the bike and just came off, but one of my friend who had a level head went to the counter and complained about the service and paid the bill and joined us. They didnt know what was served and no one even was bothered to give us a bill too.

We reached the next hamlet and had a proper breakfast since at KAMAT we were served only about 20% of the total items ordered in 45 mins.

Our next stop was near bagepalli ( just outside karnataka border) and we had to take a deviation towards lepakshi. some 16 kms from NH.
Road condition was just ok and a narrow one. Some lorries would block our way but bikes could somehow overtake and move ahead.
Reached the nandi statue,but skipped the visit to go to the temple first.
IT is al ancient temple with around 500 years of history and still in good shape. Very nice carvings and clean. Spent around 2 hours there and some 15 mins near nandi statue.

By now it was around 3 pm and we wanted to eat someting badly.
we reached the NH in look for some decent hotel and after some arguements and disagreements we all reached a roadside Dhaba near NERAPalli, Just around Bagepalli.
The menu was interesting since Rabbit and some wild bird meat was available. 6 Non veg and 1 veg, so everything on menu was tasted.
Food was really tasty and fresh.

Now we all felt so sleepy and tired, that we wished if we could load all our bikes onto a lorry and take a bus to Bangalore. We relaxed for some time and started our journey back.

The ride was again very pleasant and some mild traffic by now.
we rode in pairs this time and some bikes and cars would challenge us, We ignored.

Stopped at some scenic places to enjoy the sunset and for some photoshoot.
when we reached the Airport junction, we could see a sea of redlights and it was not encouraging. Was a very tiring experience to cut through the traffic. Reassembled near Sanjay dhaba opp to Swati hotel. Had tea and all dispersed.
Glad that both my RD and myself finished the ride successfully without a hiccup. More rides on plan for this year.

Just 1 photo to begin(thanks to Ravi)
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravi_chandran/5318517257/sizes/l/in/photostream/[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
More photos and links to follow (work in progress)
Attached Thumbnails
Ride to Lepakshi on my RD350-Short report-mohans-rd350.jpg  

Last edited by rvmohankumar : 3rd January 2011 at 13:04.
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Ride to Lepakshi on my RD350-Short report

couple of more pics.
links will follow soon
Attached Thumbnails
Ride to Lepakshi on my RD350-Short report-5319076297_1a86a3463a_o.jpg  

Ride to Lepakshi on my RD350-Short report-5319674200_80a7d7f99d_o.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2011, 15:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Your experience at the Kamat outlet on the NH is similar to what we had experienced as well, but to a much lower degree. Being the only decent looking outlet along the way, they seem to have a monopoly with the travellers using that route. Its no wonder they can afford the high-headedness.

How come no pics of the temple? Or did you choose not to post 'em? Between, i really loved the first pic.

Cross-linking the report of our visit to Lepakshi a couple of weeks ago.
Link
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How come no pics of the temple? Or did you choose not to post 'em? Between, i really loved the first pic.
Friends are busy downloading and processing pics to resize.
I have no choice but to wait for the pics. Will post soon.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

Man! Did you say Rabbit?
By the way even I went to the place on Sat (1 Jan).

PS: I meant Lepakshi and not the Dhaba!

Last edited by ampere : 3rd January 2011 at 17:34.
Old 5th January 2011, 23:48   #6
BHPian

link to the album
Photo and photoshop credit : ravichandran
Picasa Web Albums - Ravi chandran - lepakshi#

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks