Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2011, 21:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Solo drive from Chandigarh to Kanyakumari and back -Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Congrats on your solo trip from Chandigarh to Kanyakumari.
Waiting for your travelogue back from Kanyakumari.
Hello gajadonga.

Thanks. I will post my return journey travelogue soon and will try to make it more interesting. My first post lacks appeal because I never knew that I cannot edit it after 20 minutes of posting it. Won't make the same mistake again.

Regards.
Old 12th February 2011, 21:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

@Janjua
One more suggestion. When you upload the snaps for the return journey do psot one line captions so it is easier for us to understand where that snap is from Otherwise sometimes all highways look the same.

You can upload all the photographs and then insert it at the right place below the caption. If any doubts do refer to the detailed FAQ section for uploading snaps. Sorry to trouble you but your journey is so amazing just want to ensure that the TL is also spectacular
Old 12th February 2011, 22:02   #33
BHPian

Congratulations Janjua!

Was aware of your "query" thread and expecting this travelogue. Indeed an achievement, Chandigarh to Kanyakumari and back, that too Solo

Your write-up and the details is very interesting, I feel its an honest description of your journey with anxiety and happiness with real time scenarios perfectly presented.

I guess even though you planned a lot but you completed this tour more on your dream/will-power rather than planning, I mean no planned hotel booking etc.

Awaiting the return trip travelogue.
Old 13th February 2011, 09:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Janjua
One more suggestion. When you upload the snaps for the return journey do psot one line captions so it is easier for us to understand where that snap is from Otherwise sometimes all highways look the same.

You can upload all the photographs and then insert it at the right place below the caption. If any doubts do refer to the detailed FAQ section for uploading snaps. Sorry to trouble you but your journey is so amazing just want to ensure that the TL is also spectacular
I will surely do that. Add details to the photographs.
My return journey TL will definitely be more spicier!
Thanks for the suggestions and concern.
Regards.
Old 13th February 2011, 10:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations Janjua!

Was aware of your "query" thread and expecting this travelogue. Indeed an achievement, Chandigarh to Kanyakumari and back, that too Solo

Your write-up and the details is very interesting, I feel its an honest description of your journey with anxiety and happiness with real time scenarios perfectly presented.

I guess even though you planned a lot but you completed this tour more on your dream/will-power rather than planning, I mean no planned hotel booking etc.

Awaiting the return trip travelogue.
Hello AvonA7.

You are absolutely spot on. Other than ensuring that my car was in top condition and my Debit/Credit cards along with personal and car papers were in order, I really didn't plan much.
I did not make any hotel bookings because of two reasons - 1) I was not travelling with family, so I could just rough it out if I did not get any room and 2) I never knew where I would be at the end of the day.
But I guess my lack of planning added a kind of a thrill to the whole trip and I would do the same all over again.
Thank you very much for your kind appreciation.
Regards.
Old 13th February 2011, 16:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
Hello AvonA7.

You are absolutely spot on. Other than ensuring that my car was in top condition and my Debit/Credit cards along with personal and car papers were in order, I really didn't plan much.
I did not make any hotel bookings because of two reasons - 1) I was not travelling with family, so I could just rough it out if I did not get any room and 2) I never knew where I would be at the end of the day.
But I guess my lack of planning added a kind of a thrill to the whole trip and I would do the same all over again.
Thank you very much for your kind appreciation.
Regards.

You're absolutely correct. If it's only guys then you can take the chances of roughing it out , it's only when the family comes in picture is when you need the bookings and other nitigrities. I too book hotels when im with wife otherwise i take my chances.

Just one question , what's your age and are you married? You have the choice of not answering the former one.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
You're absolutely correct. If it's only guys then you can take the chances of roughing it out , it's only when the family comes in picture is when you need the bookings and other nitigrities. I too book hotels when im with wife otherwise i take my chances.

Just one question , what's your age and are you married? You have the choice of not answering the former one.
I am 38, married with two kids. My daughter who is 6 years old, so wanted to accompany me on this trip. I had to dissuade her using my top diplomatic skills!
It is a different ball game when one travles with the family.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:50   #38
BHPian

Hey,

I have followed this thread for quite sometime now, however i do not see any more updates about your return journey.
So when are you getting started on that?
Old 17th February 2011, 20:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
I am 38, married with two kids. My daughter who is 6 years old, so wanted to accompany me on this trip. I had to dissuade her using my top diplomatic skills!
It is a different ball game when one travles with the family.
You sure have some convincing power to make your family agree for this kind of an adventure trip at this juncture of life ( i'm not saying you're old ).

I know how hard it can get as i had to convince my in-laws as well for the long trips that i've made..lol.

Looking forward for the details and pictures of your return journey
Old 26th September 2012, 15:36   #40
BHPian

Dear Janjua,

I have been in search for the National Motoring Atlas. I saw it in one of the beautiful photos you have posted in this travelogue. Since you are a person who has really used it, can you tell me whether it is a comprehensive one, and whether it includes details about places to stay, etc?

I have come to see your travelogue too while searching it out only. You must have enjoyed the landscapes to the fullest in such a long trip. Was not the Pune-Hosur section too long? Perhaps you could avoid the bad traffic of Bangalore after Neelamangala because Hosur was your destination...

Vipin.
Old 26th September 2012, 20:39   #41
BHPian

By all means doing a solo trip like this is a great achievement. So CONGRATS Dude, we all have these plans for doing a roadtrip similar to yours, but then very few of us are actually able to put it in execution. Your trip is really inspiring. Keep it going.
Old 26th September 2012, 21:07   #42
Team-BHP Support

Excellent thread. Rated 5 stars.

An incredible journey made even more awesome by doing it solo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks