Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 14:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : 3 day trip to Kodaikanal

nice pics and travelogue Megazoid. I have been looking for a new place to go from BA since I have been to all the other places couple of times now. Do you think 3 days is enough for this trip or 4 days would be more relaxed?

hows the condition of the highway all the way? I have been on NH7 till Salem and its pretty good except for lorries coming in the wrong direction
Old 14th April 2011, 21:42   #17
BHPian

Hey Megazoid,

Great snaps.

I am visiting Kerala in coming weeks and plan to make trip to Bangalore. I also plan to cover nice places around Bangalore in 2-3 days. It seems Kodaikanal is one of the best places. Here is how I see my route:

Bangalore to Dindugul on NH7 (any bypass I need to take care)
then NH45 towards Kodai (not sure of the exact route here).

Can you please help get the missing points? Apologies for posting a query on your travelogue.
Old 14th April 2011, 23:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can you post about the route you took for this trip, including the details. It seems you reached quitre fast, how many breaks were there in the travel time.
Silk board-hosur-salem-namakkal-karur-dindigul (NH7)
This is a straight road and one should have no trouble doing this one. Ofcourse, its aways good to start early and be extremely careful at cross roads when one is doing three digit speeds.Follow Madurai sign boards as this is NH7. Salem dindigul is a breeze.

dindigul-theni road-sembatti-vathlakundu
At dinidgul, one should find a big sign board for kodaikanal before a fly over. Pretty big one. Will not miss this. After getting of the road at this sign board, we get to a roundabout under a flyover. Do not take this one as this is the Palani hills route. Instead continue further on the service road and take the right which is the theni road. This is a two way and is very well tarred. Even after the very fast drive on the 4 lane NH7, the theni road will not let you down.

vathlakundu-kodaikanal
At vathlakundu, a big sign board tells you to take a right to kodaikanal. From here on its a straight drive to the hill station.

We took a lot of breaks actually. A2B at krishnagiri for coffee(15mts), A2B at Dharmapuri for breakfast(30mts), break for pics at grasslands near dindigul(15mts), tea break at dindigul turn off (10mts), break for pics between vathlakundu and kodai (15mts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Hi Megazoid,
First thing First... Nice alloys for the car. What’s the make?

Great Snaps too and good information on the hotels.
Thanks mate. Lenso alloys white on a dark coloured swift is pleasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hey Megazoid,

Great snaps.

I am visiting Kerala in coming weeks and plan to make trip to Bangalore. I also plan to cover nice places around Bangalore in 2-3 days. It seems Kodaikanal is one of the best places. Here is how I see my route:

Bangalore to Dindugul on NH7 (any bypass I need to take care)
then NH45 towards Kodai (not sure of the exact route here).

Can you please help get the missing points? Apologies for posting a query on your travelogue.
Hey, just check if the details provided above help you. It is the NH45. Just that you have to take the right turn onto it from dindigul

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
nice pics and travelogue Megazoid. I have been looking for a new place to go from BA since I have been to all the other places couple of times now. Do you think 3 days is enough for this trip or 4 days would be more relaxed?

hows the condition of the highway all the way? I have been on NH7 till Salem and its pretty good except for lorries coming in the wrong direction
3 days is good enough. Roads all the way rock. The longish ghat section toward the end is really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.1979 View Post
hi megazoid,
good snaps and write-up. Kodai is always a tempting location for me and my wife. in the past three years already have been there five times. but still once we see these photos we start to think of one more trip to Kodai.
Can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
With no TC's should have been cake walk for him .

Nice Pics Megazoid, did you venture inside the Guna caves ?

BTW don't tell me you sold off your Vtec for a Mondeo !! I liked what she did @ MMSC last time.
Guna was just spectacular. Could not get enough of it. No. did not venture inside. Not permitted these days. Dunno if there are ways around it.

and yes. The VTEC is a league apart. I did not sell the VTEC for the Mondeo. I had a head on collision with an i20 in kerala while returning to Bangalore and decided to give up the car. Its in the hands of a killer enthusiast who am sure is working overtime creating some magic on it as we speak.
Well, the mondeo is no slouch either. Just that its a lot heavier and weighs on your conscience when you decide to push him hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
@megazoid: Excellent Writeup !!! Great Snaps too and quite informative.
thanks man.
Cheers !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Hey Buddy, nice trip.

Had been to Kodai in Dec '10, stayed at Villa Retreat in the the first room on the 1st floor with the window overlooking the valley (jewel box as they put it) but as luck would have it, it started raining and the cloud cover blocked out any semblance of a chance to get a peek at anything.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2011, 23:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

megazoid, good to see your travelogue. I am planning a trip to Kodai from May 1 till 4th. Can you please PM me on how you booked Villa Retreat? This sounds tempting to me.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
megazoid, good to see your travelogue. I am planning a trip to Kodai from May 1 till 4th. Can you please PM me on how you booked Villa Retreat? This sounds tempting to me.
Hi Deepak,
Check their website Kodaikanal Hotel Villa Retreat, Resorts, Cottages, Homestay it has more info and contact details. I guess you can block rooms online as well.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for the reply. I have blocked a room. I will wait for their reply for further process.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for the reply. I have blocked a room. I will wait for their reply for further process.
No problem Deepak, See if you get a callback from them before 18/19 if not give them a call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks