Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 20:41   #76
BHPian

Re: Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra

Funda,

I was so overwhelmed seeing your pics of Agume. Thanks for bringing them up. It brought back memories of my Agumbe trip that I did 2years back.

We were a bunch of guys and girls who decided to drive to Agumbe from Madras. Never did we know that the route from Banglore to Agumbe will be so treacherous. After crossing bangalore, we kept losing track a lot of times since at that time GPS and other devices were yet to arrive or at least we did not have them. This coupled with bad roads made us drive 26hours to reach Agumbe.

Incidentally, even we stayed in Mallya Residency. The owner, as you mentioned, was very friendly and arranged some of the best dellicacies you can ever get in a hill.

I remember taking bath in a stream diagonally opposite to the lodge. Did you guys try that out? The walk to the sunset point with the drizzles carassing the cheeks and the mist surrounding the body was something heavenly.

Also, I think we visited some 3-4 falls, all flowing to their capacities. Later, we even went for rafting in Sitanandi river. Believe me, it's one of the best white water rafting you can do in South India.

We did exactly what you guys did, trolling around aimlessly. The quite beautiful town, the laid back lifestyle, the ever changing weather, all stays etched in my memory even now.

Keep posting your pics, they are never enough. And thanks again for bringing them up.

EDIT: We even managed to do a trek in Agumbe. Trekking in rain forest had its own charm.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 11th April 2011 at 21:04.
Old 11th April 2011, 21:48   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Funda,

I was so overwhelmed seeing your pics of Agume. Thanks for bringing them up. It brought back memories of my Agumbe trip that I did 2years back.

We were a bunch of guys and girls who decided to drive to Agumbe from Madras. Never did we know that the route from Banglore to Agumbe will be so treacherous. After crossing bangalore, we kept losing track a lot of times since at that time GPS and other devices were yet to arrive or at least we did not have them. This coupled with bad roads made us drive 26hours to reach Agumbe.

Incidentally, even we stayed in Mallya Residency. The owner, as you mentioned, was very friendly and arranged some of the best dellicacies you can ever get in a hill.

I remember taking bath in a stream diagonally opposite to the lodge. Did you guys try that out? The walk to the sunset point with the drizzles carassing the cheeks and the mist surrounding the body was something heavenly.

Also, I think we visited some 3-4 falls, all flowing to their capacities. Later, we even went for rafting in Sitanandi river. Believe me, it's one of the best white water rafting you can do in South India.

We did exactly what you guys did, trolling around aimlessly. The quite beautiful town, the laid back lifestyle, the ever changing weather, all stays etched in my memory even now.

Keep posting your pics, they are never enough. And thanks again for bringing them up.

EDIT: We even managed to do a trek in Agumbe. Trekking in rain forest had its own charm.

Aah even we too did the trip way back in July 2009. GPS devices were available then, even I did't have one then. We used Bing Maps and covered the entire trip without a single detour. Try online maps, they are very detailed. i had read the maps so many times that I was able to recognition the turnabout and turns without looking at the printout. You did a lot many things buddy. I have Aagumbe on my cards again. My wife is bent on visiting the place, I want to be there during rains again, will try sitanadi white water rafting this time. I have done white water rafting in the Himalayan rivers, I know it wont be as good but then this is more accessible from where I stay. Pics coming soon. I have a few more left before I end the trip.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:10   #78
BHPian

Here I come with the final set of pictures from the wetland.

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-233.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-234.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-235.jpg

With So much of rain what else can you expect - a stream jumping of the walls here and there.
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-236.jpg

The oft referred slanting tree
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-237.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-238.jpg

And we say good bye and return to our room. Our last stroll on the streets which had a name, just that we did not know what it was
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-239.jpg

Next day morning we start from Aagumbe and and enter the dry parched lands and back to the crazy world after 2 days of bliss and heaven.

Continued...
Old 16th April 2011, 11:41   #79
BHPian

Next Day morning at around 4 AM we started. The return was not happy as you would all expect. Who would love to leave the wonderland and laid back life and return to the hot, dry and crazily busy life at Hyderabad. But then we cant stay there for long either, the job that pays for such trips was waiting for us at Hyderabad. And we started from Malya Residency with me driving and the rest debating at the top of their voice on Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the rings and a few other novels I don't remember the names. Debates are fun on road trips, yu tend to loose track of time when you are in arguments.
Caution : Drivers not allowed to enter into arguments. They only focus on the road.

Imagine if I could not see anything at 4 PM what would be the situation at 4 AM. But then Lord Indra, understood my plight. There was heavy rain and visibility increased drastically and almost instantaneously. Nature leaves you baffled many a times.

At day break we crossed Shimoga. All the great debaters were catching some rest and as expected if you sleep on a road trip you miss out things along the roadside. Murali was sitting next to me and was half awake. I could poke him to show some wonderful scenery.

Well since I was the only guy awake I dont have a pic of what I saw, still I will try to make a futile attempt to bring it alive with words. I hear a no? Common I am adamant I will try to capture it in words, what if I fail. Big deal?

Imagine a narrow black road,meandering and you can see the next 5-6 turns ahead of you. 2-3 feet orange wet mud shoulders on either side of the road. Beetle nut plantations on either side of the road. Lush green cultivation on the floor of the beetle nut plantation( guess they would be spices creepers). The greenery was fresh and wet. We did not leave the rain zone yet. Can you forget something like this? Not me.

Here are some pictures that I took as and when I Murali took the duty of driving.

The return of Chitradurga - One of the High Wind zone areas in the country. I vouch for it. Dont trust me? Be there and you know what I am saying.
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-240.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-241.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-242.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-243.jpg

Photography at 100+ kmph
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-244.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-245.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-246.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-247.jpg

Somewhere near Bellary- Guntakal
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-248.jpg

As we inch towards Hyderabad. We had a new debate coming out. We wanted to set up a gaming arcade on those hillocks we saw on the way. Anyone not used to our debates and discussions, will think we were planning to starting the arcade in the very next day. But then thats the way we pass time on drives
Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-249.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-250.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-252.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-255.jpg

Tresspassing into the capital of King Cobra-aagumbe-256.jpg

With a heavy heart I close this travelogue. I wish I could keep pouring pictures. But then all good things come to an end. Our trip came to an end. But it recharged us with enough oxygen in our lungs to sustain for the next 40-45 days or so. Bye Bye.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks