Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 22:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh

This tiger cub is from the Michiani Family. He was around 16 months old(Nov 2010) male cub. When we reached, he was sleeping on the road. Then he wake up and walked in the opposite direction towards a tree. I was expecting some action but suddenly he returned back and started stalking towards our gypsy and we were at the front. I was less bothered and not even thinking of any danger. I was clicking at high speed. Suddenly, a gypsy overake us and came infront, then the cub gave a solid stare and went inside the thick forest. Total sighting was for 7-8 minutes but with actions.

Lets have some picture from the series.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-219-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-253-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-296-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-302-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-313-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-342-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-350-1024x768.jpg

Before going into the thickets.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-357-1024x768.jpg

After this Mirchiani cub sighting, we were very happy. Then, heard that a tiger is sleeping at Ghorademan area. We were in a different route but this was the junction. Then, just to have a glance we reverse our gypsy and saw this one.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-371-1024x768.jpg

Back to Resort. In White tiger lodge, we were the only one family got Tala zone, so used to see the cat everyday. It was Deewali vacation, so everything was full. As always, i booked everything in advance.

We had a cup of tea. Then i did my usual camera cleaning, charging and photo transfers. Decided to have early dinner and be the first one at the gate. Food is superb at MPTourism resorts. Best thing is buffet dinner, so you need not have to fight over the table for selecting food.

Cheers!

Subrat
Old 14th March 2011, 22:09   #17
BHPian

Fantastic shots Subrat. I can see that you are having great sightings. Are you going in through the Tala Zone? And how is the weather now?

Good luck with the rest of the trip and hope you continue to get such great action shots for the remainder of the trip.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
Fantastic shots Subrat. I can see that you are having great sightings. Are you going in through the Tala Zone? And how is the weather now?

Good luck with the rest of the trip and hope you continue to get such great action shots for the remainder of the trip.
Oh! This is one of my November 2010 tour.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

What is this fencing that I see in this pic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Old 14th March 2011, 22:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I think that fence is the enclosure where two new tiger cubs are being raised in semi protection.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! This is one of my November 2010 tour.
:( Sorry Subrat. I missed that part. I was concentrating more on the pictures. My mistake. But fantastic pictures nevertheless

Last edited by Diesel9999 : 14th March 2011 at 22:50. Reason: wrong quote. corrected
Old 14th March 2011, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wrongly attributed to me Diesel..

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418

Oh this is one of my Nov 2010 tour
:( Sorry Subrat. I missed that part. I was concetrating more on the pictures. My mistake. But fantastic pictures nevertheless

Last edited by gd1418 : 14th March 2011 at 22:51.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The fencing is the border of Park boundary and village.

Quote:
I think that fence is the enclosure where two new tiger cubs are being raised in semi protection.
This cub is from Mirchaini family not the one you are talking about. The one you are talking about are Jhujhura's cubs. They are in the 'A' route, which is closed for tourism after the sad incident i.e., Jhujhura's death. Thanks for liking.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:32   #24
BHPian

Its pouring Tigers in TBHP, and loving each one of it! Excellent stuff Subrat! I loved your earlier TL and I am sure this one is a great one in the making. Please keep them coming!
Old 15th March 2011, 21:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Its pouring Tigers in TBHP, and loving each one of it! Excellent stuff Subrat! I loved your earlier TL and I am sure this one is a great one in the making. Please keep them coming!
Thanks Extreme for liking. I will update.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:03   #26
BHPian

The alarm bell rung at 4.15 a.m., immediately the wake up call from reception. By the time i make tea, wifey tried to make the kids ready. Only one call for kids by saying that get up we will have to go to jungle. Thats enough. Without any trouble both got ready. Vikas came exactly at 5.10 a.m. and we boarded the gypsy for 2nd day and third drive into the Tala zone. Again, we were being allotted 'C/D' route.

Mukesh boarded the gypsy. He is very professional. He will wish you and he takes care of everybody's taste. He asked my elder daughter (5 years old) about her taste of wildlife. He was explaining about life cycle of butterfly but she stopped him and explained everything. Mukesh was stunned. He asked her what you want to see in the jungle? She said that i want to see tiger killing deer. Mukesh told me, Sir, my credibility at stake.

Mukesh is a trained guide. He was taking care of my taste as well as my daughters.

we started but i was observing some unrest in Mukesh's mind. He was not ready to stop. I saw a sambhar herd, but he was hesitant to stop. He was in a hurry. We stopped for two to three click. Then we moved. We were on the way to centre point for tea break. While going we saw the pugmarks of a tiger family. That day Mukesh took a very short tea break and we moved. Just before a placed called Damnar, we met a gypsy and the gude said B2 (dominant male Tiger) is coming. MUkesh asked Vikas to stop the gypsy just before the Damnar bridge. Within two minutes, atleast twenty gypsy lined up. Mukesh was guiding everybody for lined up. Then the show began. B2 just crossed 5 feet away from our gypsy. I was stunned by the calibre of Mukesh and Vikas.

Lets have the photos.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-landscape216-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-landscape223-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-landscape224-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-sambhar222-1024x768.jpg

I will come up with the B2(male Tiger) sighting, next.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The fencing is the border of Park boundary and village.

This cub is from Mirchaini family not the one you are talking about. The one you are talking about are Jhujhura's cubs. They are in the 'A' route, which is closed for tourism after the sad incident i.e., Jhujhura's death. Thanks for liking.

I remember seeing good amount of construction work going on just outside the wall that seperates the park from the village.
And the picture shows how close the tiger is too the workers working in the feilds along the fence.
Man Animal Conflict, is that what we say?

Regards

Last edited by Coooolcat21 : 16th March 2011 at 11:38.
Old 16th March 2011, 20:40   #28
BHPian

The B2 sighting began like this. He is the dominant male of Bandhavgarh till January 2011. Now, he is old and around 15 to 16 years old. He had the only competitor i.e., Kalua (his son). Since November 2010, there is no sighting of Kalua, the flambuoyant, and handsome tiger. Now the new male called Bamera has entered Tala zone (5 year old) and taking over B2's entire territory. B2 is running away from him. I will not forget the one hour 45 minutes sighting of Bamera during my Jan 2011 visit (upload later).

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-073-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-079-2-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-093-2-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-097-1024x768.jpg

Tiger centric tourism.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-104-1024x768.jpg
Old 16th March 2011, 21:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

SubratSeet,
Those are nice shots of B2, also sadly showing his age in his gait and face.

It is a jungle out there, I mean the Gypsies laden with tourists. Its a zoo. There should be some limit set for numbers of tourist entering the park.

The first pic. in post# 26 of the meadow, trees and mountain top is beautiful, well composed.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 16th March 2011 at 21:15.
Old 17th March 2011, 16:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
SubratSeet,
Those are nice shots of B2, also sadly showing his age in his gait and face.

May be this is his last year, forecasting by Jungle Rule.

It is a jungle out there, I mean the Gypsies laden with tourists. Its a zoo. There should be some limit set for numbers of tourist entering the park.

Now, they have limited 32 gypsies in Tala zone and 4 routes. So, at a time only 8 gypsies will be in a route. Damnar is a common place and tea point, so, the gypsies got crowded.

The first pic. in post# 26 of the meadow, trees and mountain top is beautiful, well composed.
Regards,
Thanks! This is Rajbehra meadows, My most favourite place of Tala Zone. I never missed a chance to stop our gypsy at the corner of the meadows, facing Bandheiny hill on left side and and Fort on right side. All the time some action continues there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks