Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2011, 17:46   #31
BHPian

Re: From Africa to Leh - The Journey of Two Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
...Trust this because it comes from a Native: What you see/hear via 4th estate is just an iota of the reality. What you see as a tourist Visiting J&K (including Ladakh) is actually 1/100th of that Iota. Period...
Not doubting that one bit. I wrote this log immediately after the trip and the hangover of the valley had not completely wore off by then.

About the bit of Kashmir ki subah aur shaam, I suppose I went in with too much to expect. Sometimes hearing so much about a place can make you feel a little disappointed at the end of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Great write up Rohit. Enjoyed every bit of it. Keep the threads coming, I know you got loads and loads to share.
Thank you! Going to Ooty tomorrow. So that is a travelogue coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
...Drive safe and yes; wipe off that mud while driving. It helps to have a clear rear view
Yes, wiped that rear window clean at the filling station. It had been raining throughout. Only once we crossed Nagpur did the rain abate. That is when cleaning the rear window made sense. It is almost insane how quickly the rear window of a Bolero gets covered in slime the moment it starts raining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
What a beauty of a travelogue! The best that I've read till now. Gave it a well-deserved 5 star. Although, I wish you had spent some time in Bhopal (my hometown) too.
Bhopal, Jhansi and Gwalior are definitely on the radar. Perhaps sometime in the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Very good reading! BTW, how many KMs did you log in?
6735km in all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Fantastic write-up! Your choice of words and ability to describe is awesome.

You seem to be aficionado of Hindi oldies. I liked how your travelogue is interspersed with trivia and associated stuff. 5 stars!
Thank you. Yes, I am an absolute sucker for those old Hindi movies.
Old 1st April 2011, 17:49   #32
BHPian

Lucifer 1881,
What a wonderful achievement there! Great job. Truly an inspirational stuff. I finished reading your thread in one sitting. Hope you have a wonderful trip to Ooty.
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:36   #33
BHPian

Lucifer,

Excellent writeup.
You have a very lucid style of writing. Finished off this travelogue in one sitting. Well, this was quite an achievement. Just the two of you, embarking & completing such a long & tiring journey . . . I too have plans for a trip to Leh from Bangalore, but it would take me some more time to plan it up. How was the road condition overall . . . is it too bad for hatchbacks or manageable?
Old 5th April 2011, 17:09   #34
BHPian

Thank you Anuj and Kaustav for the compliments .

Leh is definitely do-able in a hatchback, or any car for that matter. A sump guard is recommended, though not essential. My car does not have a sump guard. One needs to know when not to push it. Between nature and man, nature always wins. As long as you respect the terrain, you will get there.
Old 5th April 2011, 18:43   #35
BHPian

That is a good write up. I really appreciate your courage to do this trip on your own with you alone driving all along.
Old 5th April 2011, 20:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good to see your log here!

Intend to have another trip to the majestic mountains again this year. Join in if possible!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks