Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 22:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Kolad for adventure and rejuvenation

Im planning on heading next weekend to Kolad for river rafting.Can any one give me a heads up on what route to take,road conditions etc.
I dont on staying back there and will probably drive back to mumbai on the same day.
Any idea what time the river rafting thingy starts at ?
What route do i need to take from bandra west and how many kms is it exactly ?
Do you suggest i stay back on sat and drive back on sunday ?
Any idea on the costs involved in river rafting ?
First timer and never been there before.
Thanks in advance.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:30   #17
BHPian

Guys even i am planning a trip to Kolad; I just wanted to know if the roads are good enough to drive; i do not have a SUV
Old 4th August 2012, 14:06   #18
BHPian

Hello fellow Travellers,

Even I am planning to go to Kolad for a weekend and needed some suggestions.
1. How are the roads to Kolad? What route to take from Mumbai (Starting point will be Santacruz (w)). Is it towards Lonavala?

2. Major attraction there seems to be river rafting. I wanted to know how adventurous is that? Google showed various grades of river rafting depending on the difficulty level and strength of the rapids etc. While I do not want a life threatening type of adventure, I also do not want to just sit in the raft and move along. People who have gone there – Is it thrilling enough?

3. How many people are required for rafting? There must be a minimum limit right? If we do not meet that would we be sharing the raft with others? How many people are ideally required?

4. What is the cost of rafting? Is there a single agency conducting these activities or there are many? Is it dependent on where we stay?

5. Kindly suggest some places to stay there too. Any idea about the cost?

6. Is Kolad strictly a one day trip? What else is there to do in Kolad. I ask this because of if leave on a Saturday morning we might not be able to do rafting that day itself. I suppose the rafting happens only in the morning (8.30 am). So we will have to spend a day there to do rafting on Sunday. What else are the “must do activities” or any other sight-seeing?

Answer to any of my questions will be appreciated!
Old 27th May 2022, 10:03   #19
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread-

Planning to goto Kolad for river rafting this weekend, Any latest update on roads of Tamhini ghat ? Also any preferred vendor for river rafting?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks