Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 15:03   #1
BHPian

Innovative Film City!

My wife and I had been planning to visit Innovative Film City (IFC) for a long time now, but it hadn't happened. The expectation was to have at least as much fun as we had in Wonderla!.

Called the IFC number on the website to find out the timings and the rates. Innovative Film City

Was told that they are open from 10am-6pm on weekdays and 10am-7pm on weekends.
There were 2 packages when we visited (they keep changing the packages from time to time):
  • 299 for 26 Attractions.
  • 499 for 27 Attractions - Aqua Kingdom being the additional one!
  • Rs.100 for camera and Rs.200 for handy-cam.
We had breakfast at home and started from Kumaraswamy Layout at 9.10am.

Route taken - Kumaraswamy Layout - Konanakunte cross on Kanakapura road (inside route from KS Lyt via ISRO layout avoiding ring road) - NICE Road - Mysore Road - IFC.

The other option would be to get on the NICE road near PESIT, but I chose the first option as Kanakapura road is less crowded compared to "Deve Gowda Petrol bnuk - Kamakya jxn - Kosakerehalli cross" at this time of the day.

The toll on the NICE road from Kanakapura road to Mysore road was Rs.25. (Its totally worth it for the 8kms).

Once off the NICE Road, there are some signs indicating how far IFC is. There signs are much smaller than the "wonderla" signs, but can be found with careful observation. Though, I believe the distance mentioned is not to IFC but to point where the road turns left from Mysore road towards KIADB.

In case, you have forgotten to take cash, there is an ICICI ATM near Toyota Kirloskar Motors plant (2 mins before the IFC entrance).

Cars can be parked outside the IFC compound or can be parked inside for a very reasonable parking charge of Rs.20 for the day. However, there is no covered car park, but the car can be parked under coconut trees (bit of shade) + some peace of mind for not having parked it outside.

10:05 am: We reached the ticket counter and bought the Rs.299 package. (My wife and I are from coastal area of Karnataka and are not particularly great fans of the beach/artificial wave pool at the Aqua Kingdom; for those who enjoy water, it is worth the extra cost). Remember to collect the map from the ticket counter (They give a map at the ticket counter which is not very useful - name of some of the attractions are not readable on this map. The best way to get anywhere is to ask for directions from the staff who will be around).

Just next to the ticket counter is the VIP Lounge. I do not know why they call it so. Actually anyone can walk in there. There are clean rest-rooms here.

VIP Lounge:
Innovative Film City!-picture-027.jpg

We clicked a few snaps around the entrance.
Innovative Film City!-picture-025.jpg
Innovative Film City!-picture-026.jpg

The streets look beautiful and have a very different feel to them. Very picturesque.
Innovative Film City!-picture-059.jpg
Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-062.jpg
Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-066.jpg

We went first to the-
Teddy Museum:
I loved this place as the AC was quite strong here .
Very good place for kids... grown ups can take a few interesting snaps! Else, not much for grown ups.

Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-042.jpg

Bow & Arrow (2 shots):
Just 2 shots is no way enough! you need 2 shots to even get an idea of how it works! The sad part is that you cannot pay and try again!!
The website says - "Attractions of the packages are unlimited" - Blatant Lie!! In fact the staff at the attraction take the ticket and mark that you have attempted this attraction and hence cannot attempt again.

Innovative Film City!-shooting.jpg

Target Strike:
The ticket does not say how many shots. No idea how many shots are given during weekends when it is crowded. We got 5 shots. It is a nice attraction actually, but no rewards/gifts for getting a good shot.

Innovative Film City!-picture-078.jpg

Mining:
What kind of an attraction is this. There is a room filled with sand on the floor and a hut on one corner with some helmets hanging around... and a broad open elevated squarish pip-line kind of arrangement! Again, should not be called an attraction. I am here for having fun, not for a science tour. (Though I would not learn anything even if I was on a science tour).

Wannado City:
Again, not an attraction. Looked like some very very bad replica of some set! Nothing to do here. Some nice photo opportunities though.

Mirror Maze:
Now, this is the attraction I loved. May be, because this was the first ever mirror maze I got into! People who have been to Mirror Maze's earlier say that it is very much any other Mirror Maze.

Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-118.jpg
Innovative Film City!-picture-122.jpg

Dino Park:
seriously, just for the kids who have an interest in Dino's. Actually the roaring noise of the Dino's over and over again is very irritating. Some photo taking opportunities though.

Fossil Museum:
Again... high school science trip! (for the nerds I should say!)

Fossil Hunt:

Did not even bother going into this!

Star War:
An average ride for the kids. I wonder why they allow adults in this ride!

Dashing Car:
Among the few things that looked interesting. But, the staff there insisted that two people should sit on one car! (this, on a weekday when it is not crowded). What's the fun in a dashing car for the person who is not driving! we insisted that we want individual cars. The staff made us wait there for some time and then we got it. But the car was so fast that the car moved faster in reverse than in forward motion!!! This would be fun for kids below 3 years! Anybody older than 3 years will not enjoy this! And the area provided for driving is really really small!

Carousel:
Read the description for star wars above!

Roller Coaster:
This was not bad (nothing in comparison to the real roller coasters). But, the ride was short. We got to go for 2 rounds. Don't know if this is standard or weekday courtesy! But the staff here was very courteous.

Mini Golf:
Did not want to go for this. But, since we did not have much to do after lunch, we gave it a try and it was quite nice. We enjoyed it a lot, probably because this was our first attempt at golf.

Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-163.jpg

Ripley's Museum:
This was highly rated in some other reviews. It is actually a good collection of facts, provided you have the patience to read the comic-book kind of posters (a lot of them) around there.

Innovative Film City!-picture-124.jpg
Innovative Film City!-picture-125.jpg
Innovative Film City!-picture-126.jpg

Wax Museum:
Collection of wax statues of famous personalities/comic book characters. Not up to the standards at all. Good only for kids or if you have never seen a wax museum.

4D Cinema:
This is an interesting experience. If I write about what we experienced, it wont be interesting as you know what to expect. You should not miss this if you have not been to one like this earlier.

Video Games:
On the website, they say it is included in the ticket! But, we were asked to pay for it!!! Some would call this "cheating".

Roller Skating:
We loved it! They have good quality skates and in large numbers! And there did not seem to be any time limit on how long one can skate. This was among the best attractions for us.

Innovative Film City!-picture-142.jpg
Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-152.jpg

Haunted Mansion:
Very interesting! Quite good actually. Try to enter this, when there is no crowd around (lunch time). My wife and me were the only 2 people in the haunted mansion and it was good. There is no fun in seeing people ahead of you experience something... no element of surprise!

Roll a Ball and Water shoot:
There was no staff around this when we went there first. when the staff was there.. .the machines were not working properly. Even if it does, it is good for age group 5-9.

Toddler's Den:
Seriously, this can't be called an attraction and should not be on the list!

Some parting shots!

Much needed refreshment after the tiring walk around the film city!
Innovative Film City!-picture-181.jpg

Innovative Film City!-picture-072.jpg

Innovative Film City!-picture-039.jpg

Innovative Film City!-copy-picture-009.jpg

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 25th April 2011 at 22:58.
Old 25th April 2011, 19:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Innovative Film City!

Vasanth, moved your travelogue to the public forum.

I have been to the Innovative Film City twice. The first time, the entry fee was nominal since it was still being set up. The second time was recently, and we ended up going there since Wonder La was totally crowded.

Its fine for a one time visit with family and kids.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th April 2011 at 09:04.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 10:49   #3
BHPian

Some nice clicks there . I have been to this place and as mentioned above its just a one time kind of a place with family or friends . The pricing IMHO is just exhorbitant . This place would have been good @ a pricing of max INR 200 per person . It's a monotonous place and can bore you very quickly .

Wonder La would be place to go any day ahead of Innovative Film City .
Old 26th April 2011, 10:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice write up.

Had been there a year back and was not impressed though.

IMO, Wonder La is a better place than the innovative film city.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:32   #5
BHPian

agree with jealousdiamond and volkman10. Wonerla is definitely a much better place. This is a one time kind of place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks