Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 12:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coorg - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Maddy, south Coorg consists of Iruppu and Nagerhole isnt it? Could you suggest places to be covered for a 3 day (3 full days in Coorg) trip?

Thanks

Few places: Barapole and tea estate: You could visit the estate factory and the barapole for white water rafting

Irpu: For the falls or trek through the hills

Nagarhole: Safari and drive through the forest

Wayanad forest: Safari

Thirnelli temple if your religious type
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Hi, with less water is it worth going for Barapole rafting and Iruppu falls? Trekking is not on the cards with parents joining us for the trip. We are more keen to drive around/stay in coffee estate rather than a tea-estate as we just finished a trip to Munnar-Kodai-Valparai (have a look at my travelogue)
Could you suggest a good place to stay (preferably homestay in a coffee estate) which allows one to visit Talacauvery, Dubare, Tibetan Monastry, Nagarhole and Nisarghadama within 2-3 hours drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Few places: Barapole and tea estate: You could visit the estate factory and the barapole for white water rafting

Irpu: For the falls or trek through the hills

Nagarhole: Safari and drive through the forest

Wayanad forest: Safari

Thirnelli temple if your religious type
Old 9th May 2011, 15:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi, with less water is it worth going for Barapole rafting and Iruppu falls? Trekking is not on the cards with parents joining us for the trip. We are more keen to drive around/stay in coffee estate rather than a tea-estate as we just finished a trip to Munnar-Kodai-Valparai (have a look at my travelogue)
Could you suggest a good place to stay (preferably homestay in a coffee estate) which allows one to visit Talacauvery, Dubare, Tibetan Monastry, Nagarhole and Nisarghadama within 2-3 hours drive?
Rafting would best be done from early july after the monsoons have started. Stay around madikeri. It would act as the centre point to proceed to all the places you have mentioned. There are lots of good estate homestays.
Old 10th May 2011, 10:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

@vindywheels: Madikeri is a nice place to stay. Princezahed has a home stay there too.

Be warned though the place gets incredibly crowded.

One more idea would be to stay in resorts around Ammathi. This way nagarhole is like 1 hr away and madikeri will be less than an hour away.

Dubare and Monestry can be approached either from ammathi or could be visited on the way to ammathi.

Check out the resort Home

An idea just flashed. Instead of staying in 1 place for the trip stay in 2 places. 1 towards Madikeri so you get talacauvery and dubare and the monestry to complete and the other towards irpu and nagarhole.

This place is 1 km away from irpu and easily approachable from srimangala side. Owned by a friends family.
Hill Side

Let me know. There are many ways you could do a trip frankly. Would suggest to try doing it the non touristy way. Get a feel of the culture and the best thing is it should feel chilled out and not stressed out
Old 10th May 2011, 12:02   #20
BHPian

Maddy, coundt agree with you more on the "non-touristy' way. Read my travelogue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ays-bliss.html
We hate the customary lake-garden-suicide points which are crowded, and anyday we would seek an authentic experience.
But this trip is more for parents and they would like to visit the popular spots aswell. Since I have 2 full days and 2 half days (assuming an early start from Bangalore and afternoon departure from coorg/nagerhole) I am trying to strike a balance.
I wrote to Zahed and he has confirmed availability. I'm going ahead with that. But will greatly appreciate your inputs for planning. Zahed had already given a brief plan as below:
"Talacauvery, bhagamandala, abbey falls, raja's seat, omkareshwara temple can all be covered in 1day. Dubare elephant camp, cauvery nisargdhama, tibetian golden temple, harangi dam can be covered in 1 more day. Nagarhole takes about 3hrs to travel from madikeri, so its always best to keep it for the departure day where you can drive to irpu falls and nagarhole and then go to bangalore from there.
Apart from these places, there is the iguthappa temple and nalknad palace, but most tourists never visit them. So basically, 2nights/3days is enough, but since you plan to stay an extra night, maybe you can visit these places"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
@vindywheels: Madikeri is a nice place to stay. Princezahed has a home stay there too.

Be warned though the place gets incredibly crowded.

One more idea would be to stay in resorts around Ammathi. This way nagarhole is like 1 hr away and madikeri will be less than an hour away.

Dubare and Monestry can be approached either from ammathi or could be visited on the way to ammathi.

Check out the resort Home

An idea just flashed. Instead of staying in 1 place for the trip stay in 2 places. 1 towards Madikeri so you get talacauvery and dubare and the monestry to complete and the other towards irpu and nagarhole.

This place is 1 km away from irpu and easily approachable from srimangala side. Owned by a friends family.
Hill Side

Let me know. There are many ways you could do a trip frankly. Would suggest to try doing it the non touristy way. Get a feel of the culture and the best thing is it should feel chilled out and not stressed out
Old 11th May 2011, 07:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Zahed is right there. This trip would help you cover quite a bit of the spots. Nagarhole would be a close call as their timings and your departure timings would have to match.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks