Team-BHP - wheel caps or covers... why should they be silver?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   wheel caps or covers... why should they be silver? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/22094-wheel-caps-covers-why-should-they-silver.html)

asking all the gurus handling the cosmetic side of cars... why are wheelcap always coloured silver. even wheels are most of the time silver. only now we can see some black ones provoded so that the wheel caps can look like alloys.

Silver matches with almost any colour, doesn't it ?? I guess thats why.

it does match with any colour..

btw - is this the right section for this topic? its in ice

why not paint car colour itself?

its like issues of painting bumper, side mirrors, rub strips and door handles. they are left black to differenciate lxi and vxi. company is cutting cost by not painting it. for wheels why it was not black, it definitely matches with the tyres.

crome alloys look good in most of the cars but wheel caps are kind of aluminium finish not silver exactly.

well gigy first of all the most possible reason is that this makes them generic and yet they contrast well with the black tyres and hence look nice.

However if you thought that your "out of the box" idea is commendable then sorry bro... Maruti has already beaten you to that. ;) They are painting two colors of their Altos (I think red and yellow) on the wheel covers as well. And then they are charging extra for the car as well!!! Believe me bro it looks uncouth, to say the least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 387601)
why not paint car colour itself?

Don't know if you remember Amby used to come with body coloured rims.

I'm talking about the time when you're really young. As young as one year old.

Quote:

Maruti has already beaten you to that. ;) They are painting two colors of their Altos (I think red and yellow) on the wheel covers as well.

Has been posted in the Weird and Whacky mod jobs thread.

thats YUKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shudder - i am at a loss for words with those hubs on the alto, why would maruti do such a thing, and after this people are still buying the alto xfun seies i just dont understand why

i prefer rims to be black as it matches with the contrast of any car color so does silver.

Silver comes closest to the "natural" color of alloys, which is what these wheelcaps are trying to fake!

please comment on this. should i keep it or remove it? honest opinion please since we are used to see silver always.

this is with part of car body colour. colour matching will not be perfect sine this is a diy job

Make those tyres black n pls post a pic which shows the whole side of the car......

finally got time to click some photos with clean tyre and full car. should i keep it or remove it.its a DIY painting.

@gigy : Thats a Baleno, rite? why wud u want to do that to it?
IMO, it doesnt look good, and makes it a contender for the
'Weird n wacky mod jobs' thread.