Team-BHP - Tyre & Alloys -Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Tyre & Alloys -Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26065-tyre-alloys-chennai.html)

I hav purchased a new Red SWIFT Vxi, i am looking out for a good alloy 15" in chennai. I checked with a dealer in chennai, he offered me plati alloys & Yoko tyres for the price of 38k.Can anyone let me know a good dealer for best tyres and alloys. I am new to this forum and car related things, can anyone guide me pls...thanks in advance.:) :cool:

38 k for plati alloys and yokos seem pretty decent, though i feel u can bargain and knock of 3-4 grand more. You can try majestic opposite don bosco,egmore. Am also picking up my alloys and rubber this week from majestic. Finding it a little difficult to find the pattern I want.

If you have any particular pattern in mind you can get in touch with surya in majestic and he will source it for you.

Hi rajababu,

call Deepak at Siremull Hirachand & Sons - 28294589 / 0806.

I picked up 4 michelin XM1's for a good deal last year.

He stocks major alloys brands too.

P.S. U can refer my name. His shop is on greams road.

The more important question is what size alloys & tyres were you quoted that price for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 494019)
Hi rajababu,

I second that ...very knowledgeable and doesnt upsell things. Gave me a great deal on my Wrangler now all the orders are with him...u can refer my name...tell him Jeep Ram reffered...

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsfx (Post 493928)
38 k for plati alloys and yokos seem pretty decent, though i feel u can bargain and knock of 3-4 grand more. You can try majestic opposite don bosco,egmore. Am also picking up my alloys and rubber this week from majestic. Finding it a little difficult to find the pattern I want.

If you have any particular pattern in mind you can get in touch with surya in majestic and he will source it for you.

Can u please post the pics of your car with alloys

i presume you were offered 195/60R15 yokos.38k is a good deal but haggling a little wouldnt do any harm.

I would say 38k is expensive. For 195/60/15'' the costs shouldnt run more than 32-34k. Even then you can further bargain but around 32k is a good deal. 34k is the upper band. You can also ask for an exchange of your old tyres and bring down your costs.

Any of you guys have any idea what the ideal cost of a 205/50 yoko avs sport or av100 should be?:Cheering:

Oops sorry I meant AVS ES100 yokos in the previous post.

call 9841367741 shop in adyar he give best prices in chennai for alloys

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 503029)
I second that ...very knowledgeable and doesnt upsell things. Gave me a great deal on my Wrangler now all the orders are with him...u can refer my name...tell him Jeep Ram reffered...

I third that:p

Yuu can also PM him/ His ID is tyrestore.

Some people also give out tyres cheap since they are old stock & the buyer is not aware of that. So please be aware of the date of manufacture & not on the price alone. Just my 2 bit

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 507891)
Some people also give out tyres cheap since they are old stock & the buyer is not aware of that. So please be aware of the date of manufacture & not on the price alone. Just my 2 bit

What should be the timeline difference the date of purchase and manf.

6 months.

20characters

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 494019)
Hi rajababu,

Hi, I can vouch for this place too, although it's only been a day since I went there. Got 5 Yokohama A539 175x60/R13s from them - filled with nitrogen too ! :) It's on Greams Road, just behind a prominent TVS showroom of some sort.
I had been having very slow punctures on 2 of 5 tires I'd gotten less than a year ago from Majestic - they were GoodYear 165x65/R13s. Was told by the folks at the TyreStore that GoodYears has beading issues.

The only issue was with the air-gun the TyreStore used to get at the wheel nuts - I think it tightened them a tad too much. While trying to get the tires off for some well-deserved cleaning last night, I actually broke the damn spanner :(