Team-BHP - Got the perfect Alloys for my Swift !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Got the perfect Alloys for my Swift ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/27337-got-perfect-alloys-my-swift-5.html)

Hi Amey ,

Your car looks great with the new wheels. How long did you waited for your Swift Vdi?. I booked swift almost a month back and still waiting for the delivery.

Regards
Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by rreddy18 (Post 532604)
Hi Amey ,

Your car looks great with the new wheels. How long did you waited for your Swift Vdi?. I booked swift almost a month back and still waiting for the delivery.

Regards
Ravi

Even i waited for 1 month and after that i started making a bit of noise lol:

Gave dhamki of cancelling the booling and all, got the car after that in a weeks time :p

Amey,

Super wheels and they look great on the car. Congrats.

Congrats
Nice wheels and fantastic choice of tyres..!!

congrats amey,if you want to fill nitrogen i know a place that does it and i think its the only one in pune.i dont know the road's name but i will tell MF to tell you.

@amey:awesome rim design and great tires.congrats.
now how about painting the rims white...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 538842)
@amey:awesome rim design and great tires.congrats.
now how about painting the rims white...:)

Naa, i like it the way they are :)

Ok guys - someone asked why I made the comments on multi-pcd wheel rims etc, so here is my explanation.

The suspension setup of any car consists of a very important part and that part is the tyre. The tyre is the main shock absorber in any car. It is the tyre characteristics which differentiate a good handling car from the others. In order that the tyre behaves itself, it must be given an environment to behave itself. There are 2 main actions which a suspension system must perform for enabling a tyre to behave itself. 1 - THE SUSPENSION MOUNTINGS (WE CALL THEM "HARD POINTS" MUST NOT SHIFT & 2 - THE SUSPENSION MEMBERS MUST NOT FLEX. Then only the tyre will flex as the designer wants it to.

As far as alloy wheels are concerned, we will deal with point no 2. In order to prevent flex (and now we will restrict this to the wheel rim mountings), various corrective actions are designed into the wheel rim. If we take steel wheel rims, there is an operation known as COINING which is usually conducted on the mounting section. Coining consists of setting sheet metal into a permanent set under extreme pressure in a press to prevent shape change over extended use and abuse. Some of you may know but some of you will be surprised to know that the interface of the wheel rim where the nut contacts can be a taper @ 120 degrees but in some cars it it is a sphere with radius of 22 mm. The nut also has a corresonding profile. It is only when the 5 nuts are torqued (5 spheres holding the wheel) that the suspension is OKd. The sphere clamping force is very high. By the way, it is supposed to withstand 1000 kerbing cycles (climbing a controlled height footpath @ controlled speed and angle of approach).

IF YOU HAVE MULTI PCD, YOU HAVE 8 HOLES IN THE WHEEL RIM INSTEAD OF 4 (FOR CARS) AND 12 HOLES INSTEAD OF 6 (FOR SUVS). IF MATERIAL IS JUST NOT THERE, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ENGINEERED PERFORMANCE ?

THESE ARE NOT WHEEL RIMS, THESE ARE "THINGS" WHICH ARE SOLD ACROSS COUNTERS ALL OVER THE WORLD. NOW ASK YOURSELF - "WHEN I WAS BUYING MY WHEEL RIMS, WAS MY SELF-EGO (READ ADRENALAIN) AT AN ALL TIME HIGH" ? THE ANSWER WILL BE YES ! THIS MAKES YOU TAKE SUCH DECISIONS. YOU ACTUALLY GIVE AWAY ENGINEERED WHEEL RIMS AND BUY "THINGS" ? COME ON, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT !

ONCE AGAIN - PLEASE DO NOT PAY MONEY TO SPOIL YOUR CAR. IT'S YOUR MONEY AND MOST IMPORTANT, IT'S YOUR LIFE.

I hope this clarifies.

Best regards to all,

Behram Dhabhar

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 538779)
congrats amey,if you want to fill nitrogen i know a place that does it and i think its the only one in pune.i dont know the road's name but i will tell MF to tell you.

N. MEHTA TYRES, Tilak Road. Opp. Mahratta Chamber of commerce, just before the petrol pump near Swargate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 539271)
N. MEHTA TYRES, Tilak Road. Opp. Mahratta Chamber of commerce, just before the petrol pump near Swargate.

Also, Anand Tyres, on the Bombay Pune Highway, Opposite Sandvik Asia.

so it was not the only one,because it is in lullanagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amey (Post 538900)
Naa, i like it the way they are :)

great alloys amey!! congrats for the same, the car looks awesome

I booked a Swift a month back, car not yet received
but still finally hot words from my end and the car is supposed to be obtained next week

i wanna know where do i get good alloys in calcutta
when i mean good i definitely mean like yours !! :)

help me please:

Note from Support Team - hey Kryptik, we suggest you read through the rules before you post. More than 2 smilies aren't allowed and you had 5 in a single post. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptik83 (Post 540739)
great alloys amey!! congrats for the same, the car looks awesome agree:

I booked a Swift a month back, car not yet received :Frustrati
but still finally hot words from my end and the car is supposed to be obtained next week :Cheering:

i wanna know where do i get good alloys in calcutta
when i mean good i definitely mean like yours !! :)

help meplease:

Not aware of shops in Kolkata. If decent designs are not available, why dont you order it from Mumbai ? You will only need to pay for the courier charges ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 539107)

ONCE AGAIN - PLEASE DO NOT PAY MONEY TO SPOIL YOUR CAR. IT'S YOUR MONEY AND MOST IMPORTANT, IT'S YOUR LIFE.

I hope this clarifies.

Best regards to all,

Behram Dhabhar

thats quite an informative post , thanks :)

Those alloys look absolutely smashing on that swift.
Awesome choice bro!!