Team-BHP - Tire Size
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Tire Size (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/32488-tire-size.html)

Hi,

I have a red swift and i had got a 15" Hr mag wheel with 205/60 r 15 Bridgestone tyres on them from the best dealer in Bangalore. After few days the front right tyre is touching the Black Plastic sheet under the hood or what u call it as a flaper of the car.Many says its too high profile for this car and you shoud have gone for 205/50 r 15. Please advice me on the profile and is it good for performance and road grip.please:

Viper - Given the touching issues that Swift's face with 205/60 it's advisable to go in for 205/55.

205/50 is an incorrect upsize for the Swift.

Also, for any further queries please do a search in this section. A lot of threads on upsize's for the Swift already exist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 655002)
Viper - Given the touching issues that Swift's face with 205/60 it's advisable to go in for 205/55.

205/50 is an incorrect upsize for the Swift.

Also, for any further queries please do a search in this section. A lot of threads on upsize's for the Swift already exist.

dude..205/50/r15 is correct upsize only....but will have some speedo error

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenopio (Post 655109)

Dude??

Really? Care to elaborate how it is a correct upsize when it has over 5% speedo error?? Do you even know what you're talking about in upsizing by saying it's a correct upsize but there is only going to be speedo error??

Hi,

I took the car to the tyre show room and the flapper was off because the clip had come off from the hood , so replaced the clip and i dont feel it is touching the car. The tyre dealer said after the wear and tear the size of the runbber will reduce and it will be fine. As of now there is no issue , but i will be taking the car to Pondy on friday so will come to know.

I had checked with the Maruti dealer and they also say 205-60 R15 is a good upsize and what many other dealer say that its a good upsize

Can you please elaborate on the speedo error what it really stands for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper316 (Post 655342)
Hi,

I had checked with the Maruti dealer and they also say 205-60 R15 is a good upsize and what many other dealer say that its a good upsize

Since when have Maruti people started suggesting upsized tyres that too 205 rubber for Swift.???

Quote:

Doooood...!
205/50-15 is an absolute wrong upsize for Swift.
Please get your facts right.

For Swift 195/60 R15 and 205/55 R15 are the best possible sizes in 15".
Ishaan's suggestion is correct.

Hi guys,

I think 205/55/R15 is the correct upsize for swift.. But wanted to know if There would be any contact with body under full load (3 people in back seat) or full steering turn?

If anyone personally has used this size,would like hear their feed back.
Thanks in advance.

"wear and tear rubber will reduce"..that is the wildest excuse I have heard to say that the tire is correct.

speedo error means due to change in tire size from original specs the speedometer will not show true reading. thats one of the reasons its important to keep the OD as close to the original

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper316 (Post 655345)
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on the speedo error what it really stands for.

Speedo Error in a nutshell
The underlying principle in the car speedometer is that it measures the speed of the wheel rotation and calculates speed based on pre-computed distance covered per rotation. The assumption is that the tyres are a known circumference.
However fitting an incorrect Tyre size can alter this due to a change in the diameter of the new tyre.

Quote:

buddy, just from the number of posts it is evident that you are as new to forum as i am! that means you are newbie. check the status of these guys, some are senior bhpians while others are distinguished ones. they cannot go wrong on such simple topics like upsizes ! please recheck with your upsize!

" regarding the wear and tear of your tire as the solution to the problem"!:Shockked: i think the guy who adviced you is a moron or just very funny!!

I Am Planning For Alloys In My Fiesta The Wheel Size Is 16"and The Tyre Would Be 205/50 R16 Is It A Correct Size For My Car. Will I Get Contact With The Body And Will There Be Any Speedometer Error?

Note from the Support Staff: Please avoid posting first letter capital posts. It makes for a difficult read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khadoos baby (Post 655485)
buddy, just from the number of posts it is evident that you are as new to forum as i am! that means you are newbie. check the status of these guys, some are senior bhpians while others are distinguished ones. they cannot go wrong on such simple topics like upsizes ! please recheck with your upsize!

Hey Doc.!
Nothing like that. Kyunki Senior Tbhpian bhi kabhi Newbie tha.:D
We all here respect each other's views and share our knowledge and take what other's share with us. But what's wrong is wrong and right is right and i hope Zenopio will agree with it.

I took the car to the tyre show room and the flapper was off because the clip had come off from the hood , so replaced the clip and i dont feel it is touching the car.

Even after three guys on the back its still doesn't touch , its got a good road grip and conner stability.

Speedo error in cars is that in stock tyre if we are going in 60 it will show in the speedo as 60. since it designed for stock the change in the wheel will cause it to show speedo error . With the new tyre the actual speed of the car would be 61 but it would show 60 on the speedo meter. in some upto 10% speedo error occurs

Quote:

Sadly 205/50/15 is not the correct upsize. The correct upsize is 205/55/15