Team-BHP - Nuts for alloys?? ( Bangalore )
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Nuts for alloys?? ( Bangalore ) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/35409-nuts-alloys-bangalore.html)

Hi,

My previous post was on the subject of tyres for my car, and thanks to some of the BHP-ians i was able to get a good idea of what i wanted and where i could get it ( THANKS GUYS!! )

My next question is regarding alloys, i need 13" for my esteem and after talking to many dealers i've narrowed it down to league and neo. I've been given a quotation of 11K + change for a set of 4 with an additional 1000 for nuts ( was a lil taken aback ).

Would anyone here know if i could get a cheaper rate for a set of 4 alloys tyres in bangalore? and do nuts for a set of 4 tyres cost 1000??

thanks once again guys,
AJ

The nuts that the dealer is giving you may be anti-theft nuts which is not a necessity.Ask him for the regular ones usually the chrome nuts which are not that expensive.

darkenrahlin you can choose on the alloy lug-nuts or stay with the stock wheel nuts.

Its a matter of asthetics. Me thinks the dealer was talking about the Vendium lug-nuts if he is selling quality stuff.

Since you are getting the alloys why don't you pick up the aftermarket lug-nuts ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkenrahlin (Post 718697)
Hi,

Would anyone here know if i could get a cheaper rate for a set of 4 alloys tyres in bangalore? and do nuts for a set of 4 tyres cost 1000??

thanks once again guys,
AJ

Add another 600 bucks to that for the 'bit' that you will need to remove those nuts in case of a flat etc.

1k is for the vanadium nuts, and should include the allen key attachment to remove them.

You could go the used route on the alloys, I'm sure you could get better deals.

Another thing,11k is a bit on the higher side for 13" alloys,a friend picked up 14" for 12k from HotTracks so do look for better deals.

Really? I've checked with a number of dealers and they all seem to quote around 11-12 K for 4 13" tyres.... Am stumped!

13" from league or neo should not cost more then 10 K. Try bargain.

I wanted alloys, but wasn't too fussed, so took from the dealer with the car.

However they fitted them using the ordinary wheel bolts, and I made a big fuss about this. Eventually I resorted to shouting about it in the showroom, and they gave me decent chrome-plated ones.

Although not wildly sensitive about the appearance, steel wheel nuts look really naff with allow wheels.

I thought the title of the thread was about someone who was "nuts" lol: about alloys..

ON a serious note, I think 1k for Nuts are on the high side.. Im sure the wrench for loosening that would be charged too..

Thanks guys... someone said that neo 13" would cost around 10K. However i havent managed to get this price from any dealer in bangalore. Would anyone here know where i could get alloys in this price range?

THanks!!

I got my League 13 inch, set of 4 for 10k, plus 1k for chromium nuts. I think the guy charged Rs.70/- per nut, thats 4 per tire X 4 with some rounding off.

What binz mentioned above is worth noticing. Although my tire guy gave me the Hex (allen) key for removing these nuts, my stock tools do not match with the size. Therefore I have to buy a matching tool immediately (surprisingly I drove for 8 months without being aware of it). Repair shops have various sizes, but what if I got stuck in an isolated place with a puncture. Fate would take lead.

Shajufx,

Would really appreciate it if you could tell me where you got your alloys from...

Thanks,
AJ

PMed you details. Dont forget to bargain hard. Also tell you are part of Team-BHP, it works at most places without a question asked.

Thanks for the info!!