Team-BHP - goodyear GSD3 or yokohama S.Drive?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   goodyear GSD3 or yokohama S.Drive? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/40426-goodyear-gsd3-yokohama-s-drive.html)

Hi guys, i have booked 16" alloys for my swift and now, i have to decide on which tyres to get. The tyre size is 205/50R16 and two tyres available are, goodyear GSD3 and yokohma S.Drive.

I am expecting a decent life of around 30k kms and pretty good levels of grip from the tyres.

The prices quoted are,
Goodyear GSD3 - 5800/tyre ( by global tyres, Cochin)
yokohama S.Drive-5700/tyre ( by new bharat tyres, TVM)

Which one do you think, i should buy ?

S. Drives all the way!! Just started using them sometime back and they are amazing.

S drives without a second thought.

Go for the S-drives if 30k is what you want. Soft compound and amazing road grip, I am sure it will keep you happy and no gripes what so ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhilv12 (Post 849419)
Hi guys, i have booked 16" alloys for my swift and now, i have to decide on which tyres to get. The tyre size is 205/50R16 and two tyres available are, goodyear GSD3 and yokohma S.Drive.

I am expecting a decent life of around 30k kms and pretty good levels of grip from the tyres.

The prices quoted are,
Goodyear GSD3 - 5800/tyre ( by global tyres, Cochin)
yokohama S.Drive-5700/tyre ( by new bharat tyres, TVM)

Which one do you think, i should buy ?

Hi Nikhil,

I am using the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2 of size 195/60/15. The grip is good but i think they are of a pretty hard compound as the ride is a bit bumpy. The tyres are also very noisy.
I am now planning to upgrade my rims to 16" shod with 205/50/16 and looking for a good set of tyres myself and as per the votes on this thread, the Yokohamas S-Drives seem to be the right choice. Which alloys and design are you planning to fit?

I recently got some GSD3s.Initially had Michelin in my mind.
Profile is 195/60/R14. Right now in running in mode (another 100 to cross this barrier). But if you can wait for 2 weeks, I can provide you with some detailed report.
I don't think many people here have tried GSD3s. Didnt find enough reviews. But it seems to have recieved quite a good number of points compared to other brands and is above many on the ultra performance tyre section.

You can visit these links
Goodyear Tyres Test
GSD3

I agree Goodyear has a bad image now in the market. But that doesnt mean all it manufactures are good for nothing. They also have manufactured some world class tyres.

SSSSSSS.......DRIVES!! all the way bro! they are absolutely the perfect choice for any condition.

Any Idea of S.Drives for Verna CRDi - Size is 195 on 14'' Alloys. What should these cost ? I am thinking of upgrading ( buyback ).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 853502)
Any Idea of S.Drives for Verna CRDi - Size is 195 on 14'' Alloys. What should these cost ? I am thinking of upgrading ( buyback ).

The only S drive available in 14" is 185/55-14....

thank you guys for your help, I got the tyres( yoko S.Drives) and alloys today
here are the pics..

where are the pics?:eek:

looks really good. smoked tail lamps?

yup. got them 'smoked' today morning, before i went to the tyre shop. :)

Can you tell the "New Bharath" guys that there is no "H" in "Bharat"!

Down south everything has an H extra.

Cheers
Mohith