Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2013, 10:03   #1
BHPian

16 Cylinder Cars in India?

Are there any 16-Cylinder cars in India? If so what are they and any information around them...
Old 28th December 2013, 10:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 16 Cylinder Cars in India?

While it is not certain that ant survive in India (though I have heard many times there is one in the South), a couple of lovely cars did make it to India including the Farina bodied Caddy of Orchha/Sheik Mukhtar and the Tikari car. Both can be found on the forum, plus more reading here

http://www.cadillacdatabase.org/Dbas_txt/V6flspec.htm

Additionally a friend clearly remembers seeing a yellow Caddy V16 being serviced at Dadajee Dhackjee in his childhood. Maybe there is a connection with Bulldogji's family car too, not sure.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 11:04   #3
BHPian

re: 16 Cylinder Cars in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
While it is not certain that ant survive in India (though I have heard many times there is one in the South), a couple of lovely cars did make it to India including the Farina bodied Caddy of Orchha/Sheik Mukhtar and the Tikari car. Both can be found on the forum, plus more reading here

http://www.cadillacdatabase.org/Dbas_txt/V6flspec.htm

Additionally a friend clearly remembers seeing a yellow Caddy V16 being serviced at Dadajee Dhackjee in his childhood. Maybe there is a connection with Bulldogji's family car too, not sure.
Sid,

Our 16 cylinder Caddy had a cracked head , so was exchanged in 1937 with a studebaker sedan, with us till the eighties, then sold to the Pawar family in Poona, and now languishing somewhere in Bandra.

No idea what happened to the Caddy, probably scrapped, remember world war 2 was just around the corner.
Bulldogji is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 19:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
While it is not certain that ant survive in India (though I have heard many times there is one in the South), a couple of lovely cars did make it to India including the Farina bodied Caddy of Orchha/Sheik Mukhtar and the Tikari car. Both can be found on the forum, plus more reading here http://www.cadillacdatabase.org/Dbas_txt/V6flspec.htm Additionally a friend clearly remembers seeing a yellow Caddy V16 being serviced at Dadajee Dhackjee in his childhood. Maybe there is a connection with Bulldogji's family car too, not sure.
Yes there are rumours of a car with a cracked head in the south with some one called " fake Ravi " who he is I don't know ! This car is a sedan I was told and of the late thirties

@HARIT always has some info on such cars or all cars so look forward to some insight Cheers

Last edited by kasli : 28th December 2013 at 19:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks