Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Steering wheel restoration gone bad. Poor attitude from restorer

John Little had the steering wheel from my 1937 PIII Open Tourer 3BU134 Restored by Myrtle Productions in Kent, UK back in September 2011.

Because the car was under engine overhaul and other work, I never used the steering wheel until early 2014.

The wheel initially looked great. But the last summer, it was out in the sun extensively. The wheel has deteriorated and now looks ancient, all cracked all around the rim. I called Myrtle productions and was told there was no warranty since it was 4 years old. They then told me to take the wheel off the car and send it to them. I was not warned that being in the sun nor did they say it was destructive. It makes no sense to use a material that would be destroyed by the sun in an Open Tourer. Their attitude was abrupt and uncaring.

I sent them pictures, see attached, and they still refused to comment or even talk to me about it, continued being abrupt and interrupting me, insisting that I send it them, at my own expense to be repaired or sent back for further expense. Why would I send it back to have it only last less than 4 years total, really only a few months in the sun. They certainly were not going to guarantee it.

They tried to blame the steering wheel saying it had deteriorated. But the cracks show nothing coming up from below. They also tried to blame me for abusing it. I do not wear rings or anything on my hands and I am the only person who drove it. At any rate judge for yourself. John Little was equally put off by them and I do not blame him in any way
Attached Thumbnails
Steering wheel restoration gone bad. Poor attitude from restorer-20150929_163714.jpg  

Steering wheel restoration gone bad. Poor attitude from restorer-20150929_163725.jpg  

Steering wheel restoration gone bad. Poor attitude from restorer-20150929_163733.jpg  

Steering wheel restoration gone bad. Poor attitude from restorer-20150929_163729.jpg  

Steering wheel restoration gone bad. Poor attitude from restorer-20150929_163718.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2015 at 15:36. Reason: Spacing
jimmywalter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks