Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 19:56   #76
BHPian

Here is a picture - A before and during Restoration. (these are the Mach1 GT wheels).

Old 24th January 2007, 20:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Here is a picture - A before and during Restoration. (these are the Mach1 GT wheels).

Are these pics taken at Indore because thats where it was restored and when it was bought by Manvendra it did'nt have mags, it had steel wheels (as shown in your pic) with hubs...and the pic I saw when the car was purchased....well they had the wheels Im talkin about. Maybe its a difrent car ure talking about, maybe the owner likes to change his wheels once in a way maybe he changes it every day...who're we to argue... but the fact is the pics i saw had magnums ...unless he showed me pics of another car !! Arree kya farak padta hai yaar....Big deal if he changes the wheels every day.
Old 24th January 2007, 20:10   #78
BHPian

Same car, guess current owner changed it! no offence meant, non-taken, as you said kya farak padta hai yaar! Yup pictures taken in Indore.
Do you know if the current owner has done anything else?
Old 24th January 2007, 20:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nope dont think hes done anything else on the car. I think the windscreen was cracked but he did get a new one fixed in fact im pestering him to enter it in the vcci car rally on the 4th. And if he does enter no guesses for who'll be driving it (eat ur heart out now buddy...NOW!!) coz hell be driving one of his older beauties
I hope he does coz he said he was having problems with it..guess ill go over and check it out.
Old 24th January 2007, 20:30   #80
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The car in question had magnum 500s on them when purchased. Maybe hes changed them to current mach1 GTs
and the car is in Bullit green not Raven black. That might be another car altogether
By calling the color, "Bullitt green", I presume you're alluding to the "Highland Green" 1968 Ford Mustang GT-390 Fastback driven by Steve McQueen in the 1968 movie Bullitt, shot in San Francisco.

The 1969 Mustang never came in Highland Green. It had a very very dark green called Black Jade.
The other colors available were:
Royal Maroon, Raven Black, Pastel Grey, Aztec Aqua, Gulfstream Aqua, Lime Gold, Wimbledon White, Winter Blue, Champagne Gold, Candyapple Red, Meadowlark Yellow, Indian Fire, NewLime, Silver Jade and Acapulco Blue.

It would seem that the original color of this specific 1969 convertible was "Indian Fire" when purchased.

And having a 302 V8 with 2-bbl (non-BOSS) carb and automatic transmission,
the VIN would be 9503F1xxxxx.

The BOSS 302 had a 4-bbl carburettor and would have a VIN=9503G1xxxxx.

Ram
Old 25th January 2007, 07:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Is this the same car which was used in Ab's Bluffmaster ??
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/361429-post14.html
Old 25th January 2007, 11:16   #82
BHPian

The aim was to get close to bullitt with what shade was available at the time. (Long boring story). Was Wimbledon White actually, if I remember correctly. Don't be fooled by the red, it was a shoddy local job done in Mumbai. You are right about the engine. Its not a BOSS, dont know who started that rumour. Just Boss style half stripes and Mach1 style black bonnet as I mentioned earlier. @kanak- Same car
Old 7th February 2007, 16:16   #83
Team-BHP Support

I finally saw this green 'stang after years. those wheels really do not suit this car at all. It was parked right outside the Vintage rally, and the owner seemed to be a nice chap. Say's he bought it off the original lady owner and it was in real rough shape when he got it. I wonder if he's a member here.

Last edited by Rtech : 7th February 2007 at 16:19.
Old 7th February 2007, 16:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

RTECH - Please refrain from posting pictures without blanking out the numberplates
Old 7th February 2007, 16:29   #85
Team-BHP Support

Thank you for the advice Sirjee, but he has no problem with it, so you shouldn't either.
Old 7th February 2007, 17:56   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I finally saw this green 'stang after years. those wheels really do not suit this car at all. It was parked right outside the Vintage rally, and the owner seemed to be a nice chap. Say's he bought it off the original lady owner and it was in real rough shape when he got it. I wonder if he's a member here.
Rtech, I see this Mustang in Thane near George Motors,the owner had bought 2 of his cars for the rally..
Old 7th February 2007, 22:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

INCREDIBLY American alloys!
Old 7th February 2007, 22:45   #88
BHPian

thats an amazing car looks like a very well maintained car wondering if the v8 is waiting to leap out of the car.
Old 8th February 2007, 00:56   #89
BHPian

Hey RTECH, i had seen this car at Ghodbunder road some three years ago..it was very dusty & was coming out from a garage lane i suppose.

Niki
Old 8th February 2007, 11:28   #90
Team-BHP Support

Dug this up from an Old thread a '67 Mustang Fastback

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks