Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 12:43   #2746
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a virgin 1962 Super Select, one owner, then with my neighbour. It had minimal work done in its lifetime, and that was clearly visible. They unfortunately part exchanged it for a Honda City. Can't trace it.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat01.jpg Name:  fiat02.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  52.7 KB
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:11   #2747
Team-BHP Support

Any idea whether BMF 6454 survives today?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 01:22   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is a virgin 1962 Super Select, one owner, then with my neighbour. It had minimal work done in its lifetime, and that was clearly visible. They unfortunately part exchanged it for a Honda City. Can't trace it.

Attachment 311445 Attachment 311446

So sad Karl, it is so painful to loose such a magnificant car. I guess you can contact the showroom guys, there must some 3rd party agent who buys cars for them, give it a shot if it was a recent deal.
Old 28th March 2010, 23:14   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Another Special !!

MIC 786 makes an appearance after a long time in hibernation. Owned by the Merchant brothers, she's Bhopal registered, and has an exceptionally good paint job. The last I'd seen her a year ago, was with several wrong bits - alloy wheels, Padmini dash, etc.
The owners have paintstakingly obtained several bits - the interiors, dash etc are almost fully original. So are the wheels (caps awaited).
Hope to see MIC 786 at the next FCCCI meet. Company for Gogi's Special !
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-mic-1-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-mic-2-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 28th March 2010 at 23:16.
Old 29th March 2010, 09:06   #2750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
MIC 786 makes an appearance after a long time in hibernation. Owned by the Merchant brothers, she's Bhopal registered, and has an exceptionally good paint job. The last I'd seen her a year ago, was with several wrong bits - alloy wheels, Padmini dash, etc.
Hope to see MIC 786 at the next FCCCI meet. Company for Gogi's Special !
I think I remember this car- it was white/cream in colour? I think the front quarter glasses too were missing?
Nice to see her being restored to originality!
Old 29th March 2010, 11:09   #2751
Senior - BHPian

spotted at the pump at worli

Saw this getting its wheels and tyres changed and thought this is the right thread to put up the snaps
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img00007201003261632.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img00005201003261632.jpg  

Last edited by kasli : 29th March 2010 at 11:11.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:02   #2752
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - well well, finally MRW7203 is on the forum. It is a 1964 model super select. It had quarter windows. It belongs to my father's friend Mr.Dady Pastakia. He stays in Lalbaug. He has it for as long as I can remember. I have requested him many times but he will never sell it. His family uses it every day, very regularly. The same bumper and number plate are there since I had first seen it.

In 1980, as per his request to my father, I put in a brand new half engine, brand new brakes with drums (therefore you can see Padmini drums) and a brand new final drive assembly. All the parts including the half engine were purchased from Anand Traders, Avantikabai Gokhale Marg, Opera House. We (my teacher Anil Patel and I) drove it to Mahabaleshwar via Mahad and back in one day to run-in the engine (petrol was 5 rupees a litre then). We brought the Mahabaleshwar Hill Station Municipal Council receipt to prove that we had been there and we got fired for it. I still remember that we played the cassette of "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer when descending the ghat from Mahabaleshwar to Poladpur. We also played a cassette of a song known as "Sandstorm". Whenever Anil Patel and I meet now also, some talk of MRW7203 is always there, with Anil saying "Doona" in his typical Guju style.

In 1980, it was bright red with a white top, then it was metallic maroon and now it is metallic blue for the last 15 years or so. In 1980 it had Ceat Safety Drive tyres.

Whew! 1980 seems like yesterday. I can still hear Donna Summer and Sandstorm.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 29th March 2010, 12:17   #2753

Sandstorm by Darude? The dance/trance type song you mean!! I never knew it was that old.

Anyways, this car is still parked in exactly the same place is it always is. See it everytime I go to NAvroz baug.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:34   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus with the fun that everyone had for the classics drive yesterday, should we organize a fiat drive for our next meeting? Lets have all the fun we can with our beauties before monsoon sets in.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:54   #2755
Senior - BHPian

Today on the way to the scrapyard, Karthik and me found a very neat looking Premier Padmini. When we were seeing the car, the owner came and we spoke to him for a while. He was from Bombay and came to Bangy to buy this car.

The owner was in US of A for many years and sold the car now!

Some details of the car:

Model: 1986 Blue color Premier Padmini Deluxe BE
Single owner
Odo: Just 21,010 kms!
White walled Modistone tyres. Looked like new tyres!
Parked in basement of an apartment for over a decade.
Still had black numberplates. Number is CKP 50**
No scratches at all. Searching for a while i found a small dent.
Sold for Rs.21000/-

The person who bought the car said he has seen some very nice Fiats in a classic car meet or something in Parsi Colony, Dadar.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:01   #2756
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this gentleman came from Bombay to buy a car ?? Speaks volumes for Bangalore weather, and its amazing ability to preserve cars..
And 21,000 is a complete steal man !
Old 30th March 2010, 23:07   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Wow, this gentleman came from Bombay to buy a car ?? Speaks volumes for Bangalore weather, and its amazing ability to preserve cars..
And 21,000 is a complete steal man !
You missed the main point Ravi. Inspired by the fiat club the owner bought the fiat, and for the next meet you might just see the car .
Old 30th March 2010, 23:13   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
You missed the main point Ravi. Inspired by the fiat club the owner bought the fiat, and for the next meet you might just see the car .
Aaaah I see . So our FCCCI is going places, eh ?
Old 30th March 2010, 23:18   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Inspired by the fiat club the owner bought the fiat, and for the next meet you might just see the car .
There is another story of this Gentle man!

The main reason why he chose a Bangalore car was he had a B'lore registered Millecento. He spent 3 lacs and restored it. Modernized actually. He said it had Disc brakes and all the stuff which could easily beat all the new gen cars. But sadly, the car was stolen recently just after restoration.

So he wanted another Good Bangalore car and found this PP after desperately searching for few weeks.

I told him about your Club and activities. Hope to see him there!
Old 30th March 2010, 23:38   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - well well, finally MRW7203 is on the forum. It is a 1964 model super select. It had quarter windows. It belongs to my father's friend Mr.Dady Pastakia. He stays in Lalbaug. He has it for as long as I can remember. I have requested him many times but he will never sell it. His family uses it every day, very regularly. The same bumper and number plate are there since I had first seen it.

In 1980, as per his request to my father, I put in a brand new half engine, brand new brakes with drums (therefore you can see Padmini drums) and a brand new final drive assembly. All the parts including the half engine were purchased from Anand Traders, Avantikabai Gokhale Marg, Opera House. We (my teacher Anil Patel and I) drove it to Mahabaleshwar via Mahad and back in one day to run-in the engine (petrol was 5 rupees a litre then). We brought the Mahabaleshwar Hill Station Municipal Council receipt to prove that we had been there and we got fired for it. I still remember that we played the cassette of "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer when descending the ghat from Mahabaleshwar to Poladpur. We also played a cassette of a song known as "Sandstorm". Whenever Anil Patel and I meet now also, some talk of MRW7203 is always there, with Anil saying "Doona" in his typical Guju style.

In 1980, it was bright red with a white top, then it was metallic maroon and now it is metallic blue for the last 15 years or so. In 1980 it had Ceat Safety Drive tyres.

Whew! 1980 seems like yesterday. I can still hear Donna Summer and Sandstorm.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Wow Behram sir, I can imagine your expressions while you saw and typing this message, I hope I will also have a story down the lane after few years like this and commenting to the next generation one day. I am happy to see another beautiful car, now a day when a car gets boared in 2-3 yrs there are people who carry the love for the entire lifetime. Hats off to all of them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks