Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 22:00   #1471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Yes Concrete Roads Do emit much more heat, dont know why, but its a fact. Imagine even I was in a Non AC Car today driving down also at 70mph, and even the quarter glass was throwing in Loo as in Heat wave where the air is hot[40*C+]. Luckily my car did Good, no boiling. Just the Dadar belt was choked and so slow moving.
Are you using just water or do you put in coolant?
All NA cars need the coolant for winter and it is more efficient for summer driving.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:19   #1472

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Are you using just water or do you put in coolant?
All NA cars need the coolant for winter and it is more efficient for summer driving.
Thats just a myth. We have never used coolant in our cars. Never had any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Are those chrome snap-on rims?
If so are they available?
Those are Wheel Trims for the Fiat Wheel. Looks B-E-A-UTIFULL on the car especially when the sunlight glimmers on it.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 1st March 2009 at 22:20.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:33   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
You came back by the expressway? I thought you were taking the old road. I took a 20 minute halt at Lonavala and then gunned it down the old road to catch up with you. Reached Bandra Reclamation by 3.20. And oh yes, enjoyed a cool and comfortable drive in my airconditioned Contessa.
AAre dude I was the one who was harping about taking the expressway(since i had purchased the journey already), everyone else wanted to take the old road.

Yeah we probably reached Bombay at the same time considering we stopped once to cool the car and second time to cool its occupants (Coke break as i call it). Ofcourse some people reached in AC comfort while some of us reached like baked potatoes

Cyrus Coolant helps to control the rust and scaling that can lead to choking of your engines water galleys, but if your engine is already overheating because of fuel starvation or some other reason it does not help much.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:35   #1474

I can't make it ... apologies to all, loosing water daily now and for the life of me I can't see where its going.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:19   #1475
BHPian

Hope Cyrus cleared all your doubts John. And Addys thats exactly what i meant when i said that "some of us missed our a/c cars".
Old 1st March 2009, 23:23   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
Hope Cyrus cleared all your doubts John. And Addys thats exactly what i meant when i said that "some of us missed our a/c cars".
hey where are all the pics you were taking?
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:11   #1477
BHPian

Sorry Mole but these were all the pics I took.
I think Cyrus Ronni and even Kavesh have a few with them.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:02   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
Sorry Mole but these were all the pics I took.
I think Cyrus Ronni and even Kavesh have a few with them.
I do have alot of pics. Will upload them when i go home.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:17   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Thats just a myth. We have never used coolant in our cars. Never had any issues.
Sorry Cyrus43, You are wrong. Using a coolant is not just a Myth.
The glycols in coolants do help. The freezing point goes down and the boiling point goes up. Relevant to our climate, the coolant will not boil and so the radiator/cooling system will not Throw up easily. Naturally your cars system has to be able to take the extra pressure generated by the higher temperatures. Some of my cars show normal operating temperatures of 100/105*C, if it was only water, the sytem would have thrown up/boiled over.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd March 2009 at 15:45. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:01   #1480
BHPian

Guys, there is an article in todays HT about the Black & Yellow Taxis. and they have a pic of Mr Barnawl's Taxi. and mentioned the source of the pic as TBHP. Atleast some of them have now started printing the source of the pic which is good.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-tbhp.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 16:04   #1481
F50
Senior - BHPian

Who's car is the dukkar fiat, 2nd from left and 4th from left?

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00040.jpg
Was the dukkar driven by a gentleman with long sideburns and accompanied by a lady?

Because both these Fiats were side by side with me near Sion Junction. Dukkar was along from Chembur and President from Sion Junction.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:08   #1482
Senior - BHPian

I just had a thought.
Suppose for the next FCCCI meet you were to invite a few like minded people (like minded, not same minded) with their other than Fiat cars for a run. This way finally an event will happen, and perhaps you can restrict to cars that are regular runners with all paperwork intact. That way no cop trouble, no permissions needed and we all finally have some fun. And Fiats will be allowed! You have already had a Contessa and a Merc 126.
The next VCCCI meet will be in a Sauna, and all you will get is a bottle of mineral water.

Food for thought.
Cheers Harit
P.S. Have not the least intention to start a new club. Just want to drive with a few friends.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:15   #1483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I just had a thought.
Suppose for the next FCCCI meet you were to invite a few like minded people (like minded, not same minded) with their other than Fiat cars for a run.
Everyone is always welcome for the events, in Pune too we have always had others joinging us like Austin, Mercedes, Morris, Mustang, Dodge, Jeep, Skoda, Hindusthan etc. Our events are anyways just joyrides, non-competitive, nothing formal. Round up a few people and lets do something end March. Mahabaleshwar/Lonavala anyone?

Last edited by karlosdeville : 2nd March 2009 at 19:18.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:56   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Round up a few people and lets do something end March. Mahabaleshwar/Lonavala anyone?
Weather improving, Why not? and please next time lets stay away from Rajdhani's with hot tire burning shadeless tarmac parking Oh and yes I forgot terrible food and service!
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:21   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Karl - yes yes yes, let's go to Panchgani, I will come in MRF6466. I am dying to go to Panchgani in my fiat like in the good old days and stay at a good old Parsi's bungalow or something. I am game. Let's do it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks