Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-66.html)

Jay do let me know about the mark 2 u mentioned with the smoths meters were is the car located at .

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1113052)
There is a MK2 with the smiths meters for sale here. Single owner i'm told. PM me for more info.

Is this car sold or still awaiting its new owner?
Quote:

Originally Posted by insideman (Post 1087754)
im selling my 1967 Mustang coupe, if you are interested call my dad at 9821190440. Just say that you are interested and saw that it was for sale on this website. Tc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1116424)
Shyam - What size are those tyres??

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1116518)
Very strange. The correct size if I remember right is 5.60 13 for Indian market or 5.20 13 for home market. So 118NE tyres are the same size, which is what I use. Now these are MRF twin tread, which as far as I know didn't come in 13inch with broad whitewall, so Im a tad confused.

Well, these are 5.60-13 AFA I can make out- it even says so on the rear tyre. But yes the rear right tyre if I remember right looks like it was painted rather than original.

The front one looks genuine though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1116239)
No! :)

This is in Secunderabad. I could give you more details by pm.

Meanwhile, here is another classic available- a '64 mk1 herald saloon turned (poorly executed) convertible, just bought by an avid collector here- he's got many lovely old classics, although mostly into American, early post-war British and European wheels, so he isn't too keen on keeping this car. Besides, he himself admits it isn't much as far as originality is concerned.

Attachment 85182

Attachment 85187

Attachment 85183

He was more or less persuaded into buying it, and the previous owner too was desperate to dispose of it and so it was bought rather reasonable (by today's standards)- 35k.
He doesn't really want to make any big profit on selling it either. He'll be happy (and relieved) if it goes to someone more interested in it.
Incidentally, I happened to see the same car parked at a local mechanic/dealer's hardly a month ago. I did presume it was for sale then....but didn't bother to ask.

Attachment 85184

Attachment 85185

Attachment 85186

It is a hyd'bad regn. but was in Vijayawada for a while, where it was done up by the previous owner ('seemed to have done some political campaign work for 'Praja Rajyam' party while it was there!) and then driven back to hyd'bad to be sold.
Unfortunately he couldn't take the car out for now as his garage shutter had been hit by a water-tanker so it opens only half-way up. So these are the best pics. I could manage!
It's mechanically fit, and with papers, although he said the regn./fitness is to be renewed.
Anyone interested can pm me.

Incidentally, if anyone here does buy it, I'd like you to part with just those white-wall tyres- atleast the front ones!! please:

Is this the same car? Any idea if the roof is still available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraveller (Post 1122492)
Is this the same car? Any idea if the roof is still available?

Nope sorry, this is not the same car! You can tell by the numbers itself! :)

This car incidentally, is owned by an Ashley Thomas in Cochin, pics. sent by a friend who was then in Bangalore.
I remember Karl telling me it's a '62 Herald although the bonnet vent design tells otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1116239)
No! :)

This is in Secunderabad. I could give you more details by pm.

Meanwhile, here is another classic available- a '64 mk1 herald saloon turned (poorly executed) convertible, just bought by an avid collector here- he's got many lovely old classics, although mostly into American, early post-war British and European wheels, so he isn't too keen on keeping this car. Besides, he himself admits it isn't much as far as originality is concerned.

Incidentally, if anyone here does buy it, I'd like you to part with just those white-wall tyres- atleast the front ones!! please:

yes i would be interested in buying it. What should be the price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathurvipul (Post 1126080)

A fully done up herald would anyways cost around 1-2 lacs.

Saw one in a total scrap condition, heavily modded at 75k:Frustrati

Are you guys able to find a VW Van, are there anyone on this forum with the VW Van.

Guys planning to go for a VW Van, let me know the price for the same if available scrap or modded one.

would like to give a rebirth for it

Quote:

If you go through Stanher's post it is mentioned that the current owner bought it for 35k and doesnt want to make money on the deal. So my guess would be around 35k.

R-109 1991 300SL-24 RHD. Was not in great nick and was begging for a lot of care and restoration. Now it can be safely said that the beauty is in very good condition. I dont know how people let these great marques get to this condition.

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc06131-large.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc06130-large.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc06132-large.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc06112-large.jpg

Sorry but this beauty "was" available till recently. Not anymore.
:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1127593)
Sorry but this beauty "was" available till recently. Not anymore. :D

Sorry but this beauty technically neither "is" nor "was" (although certainly "would be" over a period of time!) a classic, gogi bhai! :D

Anyways, to those of you who were interested in the 2 Fiat 500C that are for sale here, I'm glad to let you know that today, my mech. was able to persuade the garage owner into permitting me to take pics. of the cars and post them online.
So, here they are, and I hope they help you better in making a decision:

this is the one without RC, looks suitable for a parts donor. He said the person from whom he'd bought it never submitted the RC to him after selling the car. So it remained that way:

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2157.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2158.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2159.jpg

And this is the semi-restored car with the RC. Incidentally, it has quite a history, said to've originally been owned by the Nizam's sister, then passing on to a Police official, before this garage owner bought it. Perhaps DKG would know of this car then?
All the major missing parts/panels (barring I think the seats) are stored on a loft inside the garage, including the original rims with tyres.

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2162.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2163.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2160.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2161.jpg

The rebuilt engine of one of the cars.

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2164.jpg

Quote:

As I've mentioned in my post, he is ready to give it away at the same price he bought it for.
If you're keen on going for this, I'll pm you the owner's contact no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1127593)
R-109 1991 300SL-24 RHD. Was not in great nick and was begging for a lot of care and restoration. Now it can be safely said that the beauty is in very good condition. I dont know how people let these great marques get to this condition.

Sorry but this beauty "was" available till recently. Not anymore.
:D

Congrats on a great buy Bhai. I am looking out for one myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1128345)
Congrats on a great buy Bhai. I am looking out for one myself.

Theres one right next door, Speedy, up for sale it seems, though wasnt to be sold. And I can tell its one of the best maintained SL's around since I owned her for 6 years!!

Correction Gogi, thats a R129 SL. Is this the same SL that you bought recentlyfrom Scooby?