Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:40   #1
BHPian

looking for a classic in Hyd

Does anyone know if there is a classic for sale in Hyderabad. If it is US made then I was hoping to import a new engine and restore it. Few years back there used to be Chevy's lined up in Basheerbagh can't find them these days. Don't know where the classics are hiding.
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:50   #2
BHPian

i hear there are lot of good classics in Hyd...!
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post
Does anyone know if there is a classic for sale in Hyderabad. If it is US made then I was hoping to import a new engine and restore it. Few years back there used to be Chevy's lined up in Basheerbagh can't find them these days. Don't know where the classics are hiding.
i think they are hiding in public gardens. karlos should uncover them for you. Do check the threads on the classics in hyderabad thread, karlos did post the pics of those(cars behind the bushes)

Also there is an american classic along with other classics packed in blue covers opposite secretariat in an abandoned petrol bunk, do enquire around, you might get some contact details of the owner.

Do get in touch with the president of SVCC (save vintage and classic cars) - shyam known as stanher here. He is currently looking at '65 fiat, if you are interested. You can find him in his adda (afjalgunj) and how to identify him???. Its very simple. He looks as if he is straight from '70s. ( with those jakass shirts and straight phants and with those big sun-glasses on a scooter with a round helmet)

Also there is a Vaxhaul car in a decent condition in Chadarghat, i think i have also posted its pics in the classic in hyderabad thread. Shyam can also take you to the car.

All the best for your un-covering the classics in hyderabad.

raj.

P.S. do meet us in one of the meets.
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:11   #4
BHPian

I have seen a Volks Wagon in Trimulghery

I will post the pictures of the spotted Volks Wagon soon!!
Old 23rd November 2007, 21:37   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
i think they are hiding in public gardens. karlos should uncover them for you. Do check the threads on the classics in hyderabad thread, karlos did post the pics of those(cars behind the bushes)
Well I dont know of any chevys in Basheerbagh or P.gardens.......but yes I used to see a number of those parked near Nizam College Abids......if you guessed right, they were all used for wedding 'BArAthas' on hire with their roofs chopped off.....I'm told that nearly all of them were eventually sold for scrap (mainly because of the trouble the owners found in sourcing parts).......the last such car I saw there was a silvery white '59 chevy Bel-air.......it too disappeared one day.....there also used to be Heralds with them.....now those cars are replaced with contessas in a similar guise (roof chopped off, painted red) parked there....

Quote:
Also there is an american classic along with other classics packed in blue covers opposite secretariat in an abandoned petrol bunk, do enquire around, you might get some contact details of the owner.
Uh, which bunk opp. secratariat do you talk of?? Is it near the British library/Mediciti hospital??

Quote:
Do get in touch with the president of SVCC (save vintage and classic cars) - shyam known as stanher here. He is currently looking at '65 fiat, if you are interested. You can find him in his adda (afjalgunj) and how to identify him???. Its very simple. He looks as if he is straight from '70s. ( with those jakass shirts and straight phants and with those big sun-glasses on a scooter with a round helmet)
Ahem! Oh dear, being famous can be sooooo troublesome indeed! Tsk tsk!
Anyways, liked that intro raj, but might I point out a couple of uh, clarifications here- thats not afzulgunj, thats Sooraj Talkies, Yakutpura (they are no longer allowed to break cars at afzulgunj anymore although the shops selling parts are still there)......also those arent straight pants but boot-cut (aka bell-bottoms! :P)
Oh, and that scooter (chetak) is to be replaced (since the last 3 months!) by a Honda activa as my daily steed! Just bought a Lamby 150 incidentally.

Quote:
Also there is a Vaxhaul car in a decent condition in Chadarghat, i think i have also posted its pics in the classic in hyderabad thread. Shyam can also take you to the car.
I hope someone is interested in saving it soon! Its deteriorating slowly but steadily!
Old 23rd November 2007, 21:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Uh, which bunk opp. secratariat do you talk of?? Is it near the British library/Mediciti hospital??
exactly. I think the american classic i have mentioned earlier is a chevvy estate.(sorry not sure about the make and year)

Quote:
Ahem! Oh dear, being famous can be sooooo troublesome indeed! Tsk tsk!
Anyways, liked that intro raj, but might I point out a couple of uh, clarifications here- thats not afzulgunj, thats Sooraj Talkies, Yakutpura (they are no longer allowed to break cars at afzulgunj anymore although the shops selling parts are still there).
sorry, my mistake.
Quote:
.....also those arent straight pants but boot-cut (aka bell-bottoms! :P)
yeah, thought they are bell-bottoms, but i felt they are narrower than the bell-bottoms, so cooked up new word saying 'straight pants'. I think bootcut does sound better.

Quote:
Oh, and that scooter (chetak) is to be replaced (since the last 3 months!) by a Honda activa as my daily steed! Just bought a Lamby 150 incidentally.
cool, you have finally bought a lamby!!!

Quote:
I hope someone is interested in saving it soon! Its deteriorating slowly but steadily!
Yes, someone has to save it.
Buddy automanj, if you dont mind going for a UK classic rather than USA make, this should be a great thing to have. I will try to post the pics here. But let me first find the pics.

raj.
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sorry, my mistake.
Hey no problem!

Quote:
cool, you have finally bought a lamby!!!
Yup although had badly wanted an early Lambretta! But have some plans for the lamby nevertheless......
Anyways, thats off-topic so wouldnt wanna discuss it further here!

Quote:
Yes, someone has to save it.
Buddy automanj, if you dont mind going for a UK classic rather than USA make, this should be a great thing to have. I will try to post the pics here. But let me first find the pics.
Here they are :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/517591-post41.html

NOTE: This was a few months ago, the car doesnt look so good now!
Old 24th November 2007, 00:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

Here they are :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/517591-post41.html

NOTE: This was a few months ago, the car doesnt look so good now!
hey shyam,
thanx for the linky.

@automannj, if you are willing to shell around a lakh rupees for this one. Do contact shyam immediately. Even if you dont have the moolah, do check out the car. It definitely worth a look.

@karlos, i am sure you would come to this thread. Can you tell how much that vaxhaul should be priced.

guys, here are pics i have taken of the american classic i have mentioned ealier, but in covers:

side view:

the front view: (i think the engine has been removed for obvs. reasons, the other cars around also under covers without engines)

raj.
Old 26th November 2007, 10:32   #9
BHPian

I don't know if it is the same one, but there is a well maintained Beetle in Gunrock. I found it while I was driving by couldn't proceed without taking a second look at it. While I was watching from outside, the watchman came by I asked him if I can get a closer look at the car, so he took me inside the parking lot and there it was all dressed up. It apparently belongs to a flight captain who takes it out for a joy ride on weekends. I asked him if the owner would be willing to sell it, but he said few people have already asked the same question but the owner recently declined a 5L offer on this one.
Old 26th November 2007, 11:45   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if it is the same one, but there is a well maintained Beetle in Gunrock. I found it while I was driving by couldn't proceed without taking a second look at it. While I was watching from outside, the watchman came by I asked him if I can get a closer look at the car, so he took me inside the parking lot and there it was all dressed up. It apparently belongs to a flight captain who takes it out for a joy ride on weekends. I asked him if the owner would be willing to sell it, but he said few people have already asked the same question but the owner recently declined a 5L offer on this one.
Here is the Gunrock Beetle, one of the best Ive seen. You can forget about buying it, its a one owner car and isnt for sale. It has been willed to the man who maintains the car, who coincidentally is also doing my Beetle. I have no plans to will mine to him though

Gunrock also has a nice 60s Mk2 Jag languishing in a Bungalow. Sniff around.
Old 26th November 2007, 12:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is the Gunrock Beetle, one of the best Ive seen. You can forget about buying it, its a one owner car and isnt for sale. It has been willed to the man who maintains the car, who coincidentally is also doing my Beetle. I have no plans to will mine to him though

Gunrock also has a nice 60s Mk2 Jag languishing in a Bungalow. Sniff around.
wow!, is the car from 90s??. It is so well maintained.

Can you put some light on the cars in public gardens. Have you seen any of the american classics there??

Also, can you make out what is the car, i have posted. (sorry, the car is covered)

raj.
Old 26th November 2007, 12:10   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you put some light on the cars in public gardens. Have you seen any of the american classics there??
Also, can you make out what is the car, i have posted. (sorry, the car is covered)
No can do! Try posting it in the guess the car thread.
Old 26th November 2007, 13:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:

All the best for your un-covering the classics in hyderabad.

raj.

P.S. do meet us in one of the meets.
Any idea what the price might be ???
Old 26th November 2007, 20:24   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what the price might be ???
I remember the mechanic nearby saying that he would ask a fancy price.

I will find out what it is exactly tomorrow.
Old 28th November 2007, 18:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I will find out what it is exactly tomorrow.
Shyam,
Did you get a chance to find out the price.

Raj,
Is the baby Austin for sale as well.

automan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks