Team-BHP - Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/35626-vintage-classic-car-collection-goa.html)

Goa was colonised by portuguese till 1961. The silver lining to it was the abundance of the imported vehicles, motorcycles they bought to Goa. Many people still treasure these vintages and have kept in pristine condition. Many of these marvellous machine are going through bad phase and landing in scrap yards.. Though I am from Goa, I don't work there but visit frequently. Expect a lot of pictures of these cars from scenic Goa. Any goans on this forum?

Heres a start >

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-vans-goa.html

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarshanS (Post 724730)
Expect a lot of pictures of these cars from scenic Goa. Any goans on this forum?

Hey Darshan, I am from Goa as well and an avid vintage and classic car fan. Have practically spent all my vacations in Goa.

I am trying to find the pictures that forum member V-16 took from the museum in Verna - Goa. Will get back to you.

Welcome aboard Darshan.

If you go through the forum you will see many pictures of classics in Goa, but scattered elsewhere for want of a dedicated thread. You will especially find many Beetles.

I spotted these on my last trip.

Simca

Standard Super 10

A fin tail Mercedes with W210 headlights grafted in!

More later.

Quote:

Goa was colonised by portuguese till 1961. The silver lining to it was the abundance of the imported vehicles, motorcycles they bought to Goa. Many people still treasure these vintages and have kept in pristine condition. Many of these marvellous machine are going through bad phase and landing in scrap yards.. Though I am from Goa, I don't work there but visit frequently. Expect a lot of pictures of these cars from scenic Goa. Any goans on this forum?

thank you so much for starting this thread, i was thinking of starting it myself but was waiting to have good number of pics myselfcheers:

Thanks all for contributing. Does anyone know of Standard Herald in Goa?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 724960)
i was thinking of starting it myself but was waiting to have good number of pics myselfcheers:

Any number is a good number AMATMO, go for it. Start posting!

A plethora of well maintained cars from a private collection. Isnt he related to you AMATMO?

And some not so well maintained ones...:D

He has a lot of other cars too but some under different stages of restoration. A real friendly and passionate (about cars) guy.

BMW Isetta: Think its a 1957 model. This one is a right hand drive and the door is hinged on the left. I think in the european model it was hinged on the right.

@V16: dude where in Goa?

Ashvik Vintage World in Nuvem I think. I dont know exactly but you can find out in Goa it is very popular

Spitfire this is on NH-17 in Nuvem just off the highway after Fr. Agnel College close to the Tata motors ASC. Hope this link works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 725270)
Ashvik Vintage World in Nuvem I think. I dont know exactly but you can find out in Goa it is very popular

yes gogi sir he is my dads cousin i will try to post other of his cars that i have,unfortunately the pics are from optical camera but i will try to get them in digital form

gogiji he is not just passionate about cars but also antiques is has a fine collection of furniture too..he is one of the people who inspired me in this field

Quote:

Goa was colonised by portuguese till 1961. The silver lining to it was the abundance of the imported vehicles, motorcycles they bought to Goa.

I own two BMW R12 motorcycles sidecar combinations which were used in WWII ... and then later by the Portuguese army in Goa until the state was liberated.

goa had many cars ,and a significant proportion of these cars have already left GOA