Team-BHP - Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/43088-old-bollywood-indian-films-best-archives-old-cars-23.html)

Amitabh with FIAT Taxi in Nastik! Clean and beautiful Mumbai. One more hit of Kishorekumar!!Enjoy!!
YouTube - Aaj ka yeh din_FIAT_ with Amitabh.flv

Found these in a Malayalam movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomus123 (Post 2099085)
Found these in a Malayalam movie.

What is the name of this movie?

From a tamil movie "Anubavi Raja Anubavi" (1967). Note the Pennant taxi galore in Madras of that time:

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7639.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7640.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7644.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7645.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7646.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7648.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7650.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7649.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7651.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7652.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7653.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7655.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7656.jpg

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-img_7658.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2108278)
From a tamil movie "Anubavi Raja Anubavi" (1967). Note the Pennant taxi galore in Madras of that time:

The Pennants as taxis are nicely depicted.There were many Super 10's too. The Heralds did not make it as taxis in Chennai I believe, but I can be corrected there.At least I had not seen any.
Kingsways are also seen.
And Shyam the Landmaster taxi and the car seen in two pictures are nice. In a parking lot, I can see a Landmaster parked.

Shahrukh Khan with white FIAT/Padmini in movie "Main Hoo Naa" released in 2004.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 2108389)
The Pennants as taxis are nicely depicted.There were many Super 10's too. The Heralds did not make it as taxis in Chennai I believe, but I can be corrected there.At least I had not seen any.
And Shyam the Landmaster taxi and the car seen in two pictures are nice. In a parking lot, I can see a Landmaster parked.

Yes, the Super 10s also were used as taxis. As were the Companions, mine too having served as one briefily at one point of time when it was at Madras.

Heralds of course didnt qualify as taxis, surprisingly not even the 4-door ones.
However, believe it or not I did see a mk1 Herald that looked like it was in the guise of a taxi (it had a meter plus was in taxi colour combo!) in this very song from which I took the pics. It was parked beside the last Pennant taxi (pic. showing the rickshaw) 'wonder how and why they could use a Herald as such?!

Aah yes, now that you mention it, I too could make out a Landy in the parking lot! 'not surprised you could notice it! :)

Sorry for late reply Stanher, this is the movie :

Sreedharante Onnam Thirumurivu (1987) - IMDb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2099336)
What is the name of this movie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1867826)
Sorry bout the late reply! Yes, it'd been posted earlier.

And here are some cars seen in an 80s tamil movie "tik tik tik", starring Kamal Hasan. Anyone who could identify the red and blue car MSY 1862? Definitely British and definitely some Rootes product. But not able to place it exactly.

MSY 1862 also appears in this old Malayalam film song..No.plate briefly but clealy visible at VDO running time 02:19..wonder where this one is now and who owns it.

YouTube - Pallavi Paadi

Oh my god,
I came across this fantastic carobatics by Mr.Beans.
Bye the way a long time question in my mind. What is the make/model of Mr. Bean's car?
YouTube - Mr. Bean car

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkale2 (Post 2124186)
Oh my god,
I came across this fantastic carobatics by Mr.Beans.
Bye the way a long time question in my mind. What is the make/model of Mr. Bean's car?

Bean's car is an Austin Mini. And btw, the car in the vid is definitely not Mr Bean's car, but a specially setup stunt car with an Austin Mini body. Who knows, maybe even an Austin Mini drivetrain? But definitely modified.

Found these two oldies in an old Malayalam movie "Orkkappurathu, 1988". The car is a Ford, is that bike a BSA?

With thanks and regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomus123 (Post 2127152)
Found these two oldies in an old Malayalam movie "Orkkappurathu, 1988". The car is a Ford, is that bike a BSA?

With thanks and regards

yes, that is a 1932 FordA previously owned by a Doctor based in Aluva,it was sold to a guy in Kottayam for 2.2lakhs in 2006.

Klt-971 is an original 1954 morris minor tourer from Trivandrum

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomus123 (Post 2046418)
Found this on a 2001 Malayalam movie. Seems an Austin. No more info about it. The last picture shows the dashboard. Sorry for the picture quality, since they were taken as screen shots from youtube.

With thanks and regards

this is a KRF registered Austin belonging to a Hotel magnate in Cochin and is featured in many Malayalam movies.most of his cars are unrestored ones

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2127290)
this is a KRF registered Austin belonging to a Hotel magnate in Cochin and is featured in many Malayalam movies.most of his cars are unrestored ones

Thanks a lot for the information, that too so quickly. I was more interested in that bike. I think its a BSA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsgkumar (Post 2111837)
MSY 1862 also appears in this old Malayalam film song..No.plate briefly but clealy visible at VDO running time 02:19..wonder where this one is now and who owns it.

YouTube - Pallavi Paadi

MSV1862 could be a 1947 Sunbeam Talbot supreme,as there were few such cars in Trivandrum belonging to some movie studios