Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 17:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Prabal, i distinctly sarallyw you with some serious photographic equipment. So where are the pics man?? Please post the pics. Im sure you've done more than justice to the cars.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Wow, people.. Feel sorry to have missed this one.
By the way Rony, you could've been a great copywriter for an ad agency !!
Old 10th September 2008, 23:27   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
@Shyam-see a part of the 115 at the left corner of the windscreen
Uh, gogs I think you are referring to jayD here??

Quote:
Thanks Sherlock but not the same pic!! In Karl's pics the Herald is flanked by two women. Where are they in this pic?... Karl was suspiciously missing from then on...Karl the Stalker!!
Oops, yeah sorry bout the faux-pas!

Hmm.....beats me why they are not around when you took the pic. Maybe they sensed that you're already married, unlike karlosjee!
Old 10th September 2008, 23:37   #49

Ohh mazza God!!! Rudy Happy!!! My lose was all red because of my cold anyways!!
Old 11th September 2008, 00:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Prabal, i distinctly sarallyw you with some serious photographic equipment. So where are the pics man?? Please post the pics. Im sure you've done more than justice to the cars.
Gogi, serious photographic euipment is of no use if you put an idiot behind it! You know I loaded an already exposed film and shot with it again! So now I have the 2007 Statesman Rally of Delhi superimposed with the 2008 MASA Rally of Pune. And this is a film that I generally save for the last and get the best photos from - same would have been the case with the spread from these two rallys, but now they sit on top of each other! Brilliant! But you know what, some of them look quite interesting. So here's one of you and Cyrus and a ghost Studebaker.

Fortunately, I have one more 'fresh-and-safe' roll of this Poona rally, which has to go somewhere, you know where. But I've taken a few of them for putting up here, so 'ere we go.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-gogi-cyrus-front-ghost-stude.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-buick-90.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-chrysler-dual-cowl-chevy-fleetmaster-2.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-mg-cockpit.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-mg-charger.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-jag-e-type-flanked-rolls-merc.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-fordson-being-pushed.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-chevy-chased-stanstorm.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-morris.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-pschy-beetle.jpg  

Old 11th September 2008, 09:12   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Gogi, serious photographic euipment is of no use if you put an idiot behind it! You know I loaded an already exposed film and shot with it again!
Prabal you are still using film?! Digi is the only way to go now, especially for an event like this.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Prabal you are still using film?! Digi is the only way to go now, especially for an event like this.
You bet Karl. Only problem is that a comparable digicam has to be a DSLR with atleast 20mp, which I can't afford, especially when the obsolecence is so fast. But, I have to get something digi soon. And until then remember to get a film developed soon after exposing it.
Old 12th September 2008, 03:58   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Gogi, serious photographic euipment is of no use if you put an idiot behind it! You know I loaded an already exposed film and shot with it again! So now I have the 2007 Statesman Rally of Delhi superimposed with the 2008 MASA Rally of Pune. And this is a film that I generally save for the last and get the best photos from - same would have been the case with the spread from these two rallys, but now they sit on top of each other! Brilliant! But you know what, some of them look quite interesting. So here's one of you and Cyrus and a ghost Studebaker.
Hey Prabal, which is that ghostly RR 20HP in the first picture ? Thanks
Old 12th September 2008, 09:18   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
That is 1922 20hp Windover's Tourer 43 G 5, originally K C Lakrawalla, now Fali Dhondhy. (Thank you Julian!)

Restored from a terrible state I believe. She had completed the Bombay-Delhi runs successfully.

Here is the car at a 2006 event in Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-2001.jpg  

Pics : Pune Festival MASA Rally, 2008-2008.jpg  

Old 12th September 2008, 13:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Quote:
That is 1922 20hp Windover's Tourer 43 G 5, originally K C Lakrawalla, now Fali Dhondhy. (Thank you Julian!)

Restored from a terrible state I believe. She had completed the Bombay-Delhi runs successfully.

Here is the car at a 2006 event in Pune.
I wish I had started a caper (with a bit of photoshopping) that I'd actually photographed an apparition. And boy, and if she were a Phantom!

Travancore, you have the answer there from Karl. If you have access to Indian TV and can get to watch a channel called NDTV Good Times, it runs a programme called All About My Car Honey. AAMCH is doing re-runs nowadays since they haven't been shooting new episodes and two of them feature Fali Dhondy's stable with this Rolls in one also going out for a spin with Fali and the presenter.

She was looking a bit run-down to me this time, cosmetically. Despite being garaged in Lonavala's salubrious climes. Karl, the 2006 event was at the same venue?
Old 15th September 2008, 18:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice pics. and coverage karl! Btw, no pics. of any your cars??

And wow, that rare hillman convertible is ironically a Hyd. car!!

A real pity its gone out of our city! :sigh:

I wonder if this was the one that suren had narrowly missed buying earlier.
@Stanher - Yes the Hillman Minx is a Hyd car. But i am sure you will be pleased to know that the car is still in Pune. I dont think it will be going anywhere for sometime.

@Karl - The Hillman Minx and Chevy Fleetmaster ( White with black roof) is mine. Both arent parked too far from your house.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th September 2008 at 19:09. Reason: Please use edit post instead of making back to back posts if posting within 15 minutes of 1st post
Old 15th September 2008, 19:05   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
@Karl - The Hillman Minx and Chevy Fleetmaster ( White with black roof) is mine. Both arent parked too far from your house.
You think Im not keeping a track Sam? And your Chevy is light green with a dark grey top.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
You think Im not keeping a track Sam? And your Chevy is light green with a dark grey top.

It's a strange offwhite green i guess. Chevy is at home and Hillman is at my grandmom's. There some really nice bikes and stuff too. Try and make a trip to mulshi. My dads started a whole restoration setup there. There a V8 ford, Oldsmobile, Desoto Phaeton and 2 Pontons. Also theres a really nice collection of bikes at my Dad's. Hes got most of chrity's collection up in mulshi too.

How you doing anyways. Was nice to see photos of the rally. I do miss being there for these things. Got anymore photos?
Old 15th September 2008, 19:48   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
How you doing anyways. Was nice to see photos of the rally. I do miss being there for these things. Got anymore photos?
I was wondering when you will get about to posting here. Welcome.

You cant possibly want more photos than those on this thread?!

Didn't know about the Pontons, will have a look sometime. In the mean time, let the pics flow from your end.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering when you will get about to posting here. Welcome.

You cant possibly want more photos than those on this thread?!

Didn't know about the Pontons, will have a look sometime. In the mean time, let the pics flow from your end.
Well Nosh sent me some photos of the Rally (he was driving one of Darius's cars i think), and i just googled to see if there were anymore online and came across your photos. So thought i might as well offer some of my knowledge. Whatever little there is.

And the more photos the better - like i said i miss being there for these things. Thought its not like the old days of the Blue Diamond and Pune race course. Those rallies were really good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks