Team-BHP - Jodhpur vintage car rally - March 2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Jodhpur vintage car rally - March 2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/55155-jodhpur-vintage-car-rally-march-2009-a.html)

I could not take my eyes of the Jodhpur Delahaye 135 MS Geo Ham roadster by Figoni et Falaschi

will upload more images of other cars shortly...

jodhpur vintage car rally - singh xk 120

Lovely shots of a beautiful car !!!

Is that a big healey (3litre) in the last picture?

What a grand event it must have been, with the magnificent Umaid Bhavan for a backdrop. Approximately how many cars turned up for the event? Were there bikes as well?

Since it is a public event, you are not required to mask the plates. Keep the super pics coming, prefereably a little larger in size.

Spectacular setting and lovely turn out of cars. Interesting people too I'm sure. Looking forward to more pictures. Thanks for sharing

some more images from the jodhpur vintage car rally...

karlos,

no bikes, there were 65 cars.

I forget the number but this Merc should be Salar Jung's car and purchased recently from Hyd. I must say the new owner has done a splendid job of restoring her to former glory. The car had been in storage for several decades and its wonderful to see her out and shining bright.

Wow this was my Healey WBG 9677. It looks great in the picture. It was maroon with me and I am happy that it is with Vikramji now. I realy miss this car. Parting with this car was my biggest mistake. Well im happy to acquire a similar car which is the MGA 1961 currently being restored.Cheerz!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 1217917)
I forget the number but this Merc should be Salar Jung's car and purchased recently from Hyd. I must say the new owner has done a splendid job of restoring her to former glory. The car had been in storage for several decades and its wonderful to see her out and shining bright.

Hi DKG

Is this actually the Sir Salar Jung Merc ? Is it a 320 ? I thought the red car with Dr. Ravi Prakash in Bangalore was the Salar Jung car.

You mentioned it was in Hyd till recently in storage. Could you tell us more as to where it was and with whome as I don't remember seeing or hearing of this car in all my years iin Hyderabad.

If this is the Salar Jung car then any idea whose is the red car with Dr Ravi Prakash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sat (Post 1217642)
some more images from the jodhpur vintage car rally...

Sat

Great snaps. In the interest of documenting all the cars present would you be able to post a list of all the 65 cars that took part and their pictures too.

Thanks

Wasif

Quote:

Wow this was my Healey WBG 9677. It looks great in the picture.
Shrivardhan,
lovely car, imho the nicest sounding car in the rally...

Wasif,
do not have a list of all the cars at the rally. will ask some friends if they have made a list.

sat

jodhpur vintage car rally.... 2009

Truly a memorable collection of cars.How does one preserve such beauties immaculatly..i wonder always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1216551)
What a grand event it must have been, with the magnificent Umaid Bhavan for a backdrop. Approximately how many cars turned up for the event? Were there bikes as well?

Since it is a public event, you are not required to mask the plates. Keep the super pics coming, prefereably a little larger in size.

See Karl, every one praises this event and the ambience. The cars were all exceptional, but have been selected at least for condition. And no bikes, no Fiats, no...........

Hi Wasif,

Re: Black Mercedes (APX), in 2006 I saw very similar Mercedes in workshop undergoing body work and restoration near Tilak road, Abids.
I ask the old mechanic he told me, it was with some Royals before and somebody purchased for over 5 Lakhs and doing restoration work. Next
time I went to take snaps it was moved.