Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 17:15   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vintage & Classic car valuation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor View Post
What will be the realistic price for a 1951 Morris Minor with 80% original fittings?
please post the photos,otherwise how can one assess the condition?
is it having original sidevalve engine,trafficators,meters,lamps, su carb,su pump,supension,original rims,hubcacaps,dash switches?
is it 2 door /4 door.?documents?
A concourse car will fetch 2.5 lakhs
Old 25th August 2011, 20:31   #407
Senior - BHPian

here is another indian classic for sale at an absurd price
STANDARD SUPER 10, - Tumkur - Cars - Madhugiri
Old 21st September 2011, 17:17   #408
Senior - BHPian

AUSTIN A-35for sale in Tamil nadu
Austin A35 - Nagercoil - ???????
I have seen this car a few years back with its previous owner. The car is very original The present owner got this for about 1 lakh rupees 3-4 years ago.Now he is asking the price of a concourse Austin7/austin8 tourer for this 50's sedan .These guys seem to think that this is some sort of multibagger stock
Old 21st September 2011, 18:37   #409
BHPian

Re: Classics available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Thanks for the information. The Hospet car was quoted to me for Rs. 9L! I have asked for the information for the Bangalore Beetle. But the prices are too high.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:01   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
Thanks for the information. The Hospet car was quoted to me for Rs. 9L! I have asked for the information for the Bangalore Beetle. But the prices are too high.
9 L ? I wonder when will i acquire a beetle with a realistic price!
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:00   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
9 lacs! Add a couple more and you can get a pre-owned 2008/2009 Beetle (new shape). May not be a classic but loads of fun.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:23   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
9 lacs! Add a couple more and you can get a pre-owned 2008/2009 Beetle (new shape). May not be a classic but loads of fun.
Agree to you manishk123, we accept classics have picked up on price but not the extend what these owner assume, I believe they are living in a separate world and expect to buy a house selling their cars and the buyer would sell his house to buy that car.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:54   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Agree to you manishk123, we accept classics have picked up on price but not the extend what these owner assume, I believe they are living in a separate world and expect to buy a house selling their cars and the buyer would sell his house to buy that car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Quote:
Yes! Due to internet these classic owners get offers very quickly. But then due to greed they put up unrealistic prices. These same modeles used to be sold below 25K around 7-8 years ago.
wartikars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:29   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Just to give an idea on pricing - I bought a 1965 Beetle in reasonably good condition, a couple of months ago for a little over 5 lacs. Can see the pic in my garage. I thought i was over paying a bit but my kids really loved the car so gave in.
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:26   #415
BHPian

I have a few queries as below:-

Is there any time limit/period for the Advt. in team BHP because I can't see any of the vintage car Advt. older than 1 month or so or is it such that they had been sold out?.

Has anybody purchased such vintage cars after seeing our classifieds?If yes, did you get them at lower prices (read as very much lower) than that was being asked for?
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:10   #416
BANNED

hi friends, what should be the approximate worth of a fiat 509, year 1923.good condition,under going restoration now.almost 80% original parts.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:35   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a few queries as below:-

Is there any time limit/period for the Advt. in team BHP because I can't see any of the vintage car Advt. older than 1 month or so or is it such that they had been sold out?.

Has anybody purchased such vintage cars after seeing our classifieds?If yes, did you get them at lower prices (read as very much lower) than that was being asked for?
That is because the advt posted here in Team BHP expires after 30 days however can be renewed further but most of time doesn't happen that way hence they are off the classified section.

Price of the vehicles in forums like this would fetch good response so they tend to be high, but when it comes to vintages/classic there is no particular bench mark or yard stick to measure because there are times when they get sold as scrap and at the same time even scrap is sold as gold so price of the vehicle in automobile related web sites will be high comparatively, apart from that it all depends on the seller as well and his expectations.
Old 23rd September 2011, 07:41   #418
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a suggestion with respect the TBHP classifieds for the Vintage/Classic Car section. Karl as a MOD, may be you could take this up with GTO & others

Time and again we are seeing some unreasonable prices being quoted for fairly average cars. You may ask me whether I have the right to decide if the price quoted is unrealistic, but we need to get sanctity especially in the listing of cars post 1950's Fiats, Morris, Austins and later model jeeps. People quoting astronomical prices in there listings has lead to a dilution of this section.

For example see these two listings
1964 Jeep at 1.50 lakhs
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...llys-Jeep.html

1956 Jeep at 7.50 lakhs

The price difference is 5 times. One may argue on the originality etc but the suggestion I would like to make is as follows

MODS must monitor the average price of say all Jeeps listed. For example if the average price is say Rs. 2.50 lakhs for all Jeeps listed, then if any one want to list a vehicle 20% over the average price, i.e. Rs. 3.00 lakhs, their listing must the routed through the MODS. Should the MODS feel that the price is acceptable, only then they should allow the same to be listed. Similarly they should have reasonable average prices for likely makes of cars from 1950 onwards and ensure that the listing is in line with the averages.

This will ensure quality on the TBHP classifieds. Today in the valuation threads we mock at the prices quoted on the other sites, we must ensure that the other Forums do not mock at the prices listed in TBHP

Any views

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 23rd September 2011 at 07:42.
KPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:52   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I have a suggestion with respect the TBHP classifieds for the Vintage/Classic Car section. Karl as a MOD, may be you could take this up with GTO & others

Time and again we are seeing some unreasonable prices being quoted for fairly average cars. You may ask me whether I have the right to decide if the price quoted is unrealistic, but we need to get sanctity especially in the listing of cars post 1950's Fiats, Morris, Austins and later model jeeps. People quoting astronomical prices in there listings has lead to a dilution of this section.

1964 Jeep at 1.50 lakhs

1956 Jeep at 7.50 lakhs

The price difference is 5 times. One may argue on the originality etc but the suggestion I would like to make is as follows

MODS must monitor the average price of say all Jeeps listed. For example if the average price is say Rs. 2.50 lakhs for all Jeeps listed, then if any one want to list a vehicle 20% over the average price, i.e. Rs. 3.00 lakhs, their listing must the routed through the MODS. Should the MODS feel that the price is acceptable, only then they should allow the same to be listed. Similarly they should have reasonable average prices for likely makes of cars from 1950 onwards and ensure that the listing is in line with the averages.

This will ensure quality on the TBHP classifieds. Today in the valuation threads we mock at the prices quoted on the other sites, we must ensure that the other Forums do not mock at the prices listed in TBHP

Any views

Cheers

KPS
I don't think it would be a good idea for the MODS to get involved in pricing. A lot of people might not put up their cars for sale here then. Ultimately its all demand and supply. You may quote a ridiculous price but doesn't mean someone will actually pay you that.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:36   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post

1964 Jeep at 1.50 lakhs

1956 Jeep at 7.50 lakhs

Any views

Cheers

KPS
fully with your valid suggestion. There should be some rational for quoting prices in a website or for that matter any open media.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks