Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 23:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Nice article. I was wondering why they have to have a seperate car club in Thane, which afterall is part of Mumbai, itstead why can't these guys get membership in VCCCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
In that case, VCCCI should be changed to VCCCM
Jokes apart, I do believe the VCCCI is a wee bit fussy about memberships, right guys ?
Well, Thane is just adjacent to Mumbai, could be even considered as a satellite suburb. The traffic between these two cities is huge, many many daily commuters. But that is not the point. VCCCI has a number of directors who do not even belong and stay in Maharashtra. And as the club started falling into a personal fiefdom, many directors resigned. Lately I heard that another director resigned recently, a long while ago!
Some directors live in MP, others all over the world, so what is wrong with Thane?
I am not sure if VCCCI is fussy about memebrships, it is actually not functioning as an organisation, you have to be somebody somewhere to be somebody in that organisation even as a member. When statuary requirements are not met, how can simple memberships be properly administered?
VCCCI needs an overhaul, and badly! Even afternoon papers found that out.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 22nd June 2010 at 00:01.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

LOl I thought VCCCI stood for Vintage and Classic Car Club of India ....then automatically any car or owner anywhere in India should be eligibel for membership.

How can they discriminate and restrict membership to any particular city of group

Maybe they ned to chnage their name to VCCCCP Vintage and Classic Car Club of Connected People only LOL
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm pretty sure there is a misunderstanding here - the club would not tell a member that he is barred because he is from Thane. Has anybody here personally encountered this? There are members from outside Bombay too, many from Poona, besides Thane itself.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a misunderstanding here - the club would not tell a member that he is barred because he is from Thane. Has anybody here personally encountered this? There are members from outside Bombay too, many from Poona, besides Thane itself.
AFAIK, the VCCCI has always welcomed new memberships and I know a case of a friend from Thane, (also a Team-Bhpian) whose membership has been accepted last year.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody here personally encountered this? There are members from outside Bombay too, many from Poona, besides Thane itself.
Karl, you have docs no, have a word with him about this and you will know. Few of our club members are VCCCI members too and doc was told they have regd few years back.

@ wasif, regarding a separate club in Thane, its just that atleast the folks from this city get to meet up. Like we have started meeting up on every 3rd or 4th sunday of the month for some hot chai & nasta & gupshup .

Last edited by egangsta : 22nd June 2010 at 17:51.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Karl, you have docs no, have a word with him about this and you will know. Few of our club members are VCCCI members too and doc was told they have regd few years back.
I would think that is the case of entering Fiats/Ambys/Heralds which is an issue. Anyways, I can see you guys have a great time and that's what is important.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
AFAIK, the VCCCI has always welcomed new memberships and I know a case of a friend from Thane, (also a Team-Bhpian) whose membership has been accepted last year.
Rony, which car was registered ????
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:47   #23

The VCCCI is a little fussy about membership, especially when it comes to certain cars. Although, they are not as fussy as one of the founders of your Thane Club is about how the name of your club is said. Long story short....I was given an unnecessary hearing by someone who claims to have been the founder of your club as I said the Thance Vintage and Classic car Club instead of the whole long drawn name. Completely unnecessary....but I just kept quiet...
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The VCCCI is a little fussy about membership, especially when it comes to certain cars. Although, they are not as fussy as one of the founders of your Thane Club is about how the name of your club is said. Long story short....I was given an unnecessary hearing by someone who claims to have been the founder of your club as I said the Thance Vintage and Classic car Club instead of the whole long drawn name. Completely unnecessary....but I just kept quiet...
He still is fussy about the name but everybodys is not the same. Well the club is there because the members are there and not just beacuse of one person, we still have a good time when our members meet, thats most important. Numbers maybe less as everybody is not free, some have prior commitments.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He still is fussy about the name but everybodys is not the same. Well the club is there because the members are there and not just beacuse of one person, we still have a good time when our members meet, thats most important. Numbers maybe less as everybody is not free, some have prior commitments.

Absolutely on the nail....A club is only there because of its members and i hope you guys grow and have a lot more fun together.
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, as an non-resident member of the HVOCT, I can vouch for that. We really have a good time, no fuss, no inhibitions.
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Well, I am not sure if VCCCI is fussy about memberships, it is actually not functioning as an organisation, you have to be somebody somewhere to be somebody in that organisation even as a member. When statuary requirements are not met, how can simple memberships be properly administered?

Cheers harit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
LOl I thought VCCCI stood for Vintage and Classic Car Club of India ....then automatically any car or owner anywhere in India should be eligibel for membership.

How can they discriminate and restrict membership to any particular city of group

Maybe they ned to chnage their name to VCCCCP Vintage and Classic Car Club of Connected People only LOL
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Rony, which car was registered ????
Hi Eddy,

The above topic of discussion was VCCCI membership and that is why I quoted about our Thane Team - Bhpian, viz: Adheesh who became a new member.

Best Regards,
Rony
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Eddy,

The above topic of discussion was VCCCI membership and that is why I quoted about our Thane Team - Bhpian, viz: Adheesh who became a new member. Best Regards, Rony
Yes, there seems to be a slight mix-up between memberships and enties to events. These are completely different issues.
I am not sure if ownership of a car is a must to be a member of VCCCI. But I know that some directors did not have a vintage or classic car for sometime.
Pray next years events will be in cooler months.

Cheers harit
Old 23rd June 2010, 00:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Eddy,
The above topic of discussion was VCCCI membership and that is why I quoted about our Thane Team - Bhpian, viz: Adheesh who became a new member. Best Regards,
Rony
Regarding the membership topic its better the concerned people who had problems post their view. I rather not comment on that.

@ Adheesh, congrats, thats good news so which car did u register ???
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

Gents, lets try to stay on topic in this thread (ie the show)

Thanks,
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks