Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 23:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)

Some Photographs of the beautiful drive on Sunday morning, the route was slightly truncated and we drove down the beautiful and historic streets of South Mumbai down to the Sea Link, we turned back onto the Sea link and headed back the same way. Here are some pics of my drive for the day.

Bulldogji I had a great time chasing your beautiful 190Sl, but a couple of signals did me in
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-mercvccci2011.gif  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-mercvccci2011after.gif  

Old 1st February 2011, 11:12   #17
BHPian

Re: Congratulations! "the President"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hearty congratulations to our beloved Rony Vesuna AKA President for winning in the newly introduced category "Indian Heritage Class" reserved for Fiats, Standard Heralds and Hindustans.
Thanks a lot Amol.
Appreciate your kind and encouraging words.

and BTW, your PONTON in the above picture looks really amazing and pristine.
All the BESHT!

Last edited by President : 1st February 2011 at 11:13.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

I saw pic of Harit's Lancia in newspaper on the day after Rally.
Didn't any Bhpian caught her alive? She looks spectacular man.

Raab Rakha.
Old 1st February 2011, 14:46   #19
BHPian

Hi Mole,great meeting you again and seeing your lovely pontoon.The only reason you remained behind was the difference in driving styles.You drove in a sedate dignified manner whereas I drove like a teenager in his sports car.Hats off to Nitin for a lovely morning giving all of us a chance to enjoy each others company and envy each others cars.The PRESIDENTIAL FIAT was my choice of the day.No car came close to her in my humble opinion.Pretty and in mechanical terms perhaps the best car present.If I was to select a car to be awarded the CONCOURS post war,this car would have won hands down.All in all a good event.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Another one of my favorite cars owned by Mr Jetha, this beautiful and mint gurney nutting bodied Rolls never fails to impress the crowd.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-jethagurneynutting2011.gif  

Old 1st February 2011, 16:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great show and perfect timing. Timing i say because the weather was just right for these aged (ageless to be more specific) beauties. I have seen most of them giving way to the heat when the earlier rallies were held in the peak of summer. A lot of blame for this goes to the restoration which IMHO would be superficial. Hardly anyone except a select few take care to see that these cars are restored beneath their hoods too. So this was a good month for the rally to be held.

Mr. Dossa was there as usual, looking hassled (organizing this event is no small job, mind you) running around, arranging things, taking care of the VIPs and making sure everything was right. Everything was spot and i would like to congratulate him for another event carried out flawlessly, the best i have seen in so many years. Kudos to the VCCCI team.

There were a few new entrants and a few old ones, all adding to the glory, set in the background of the historical Horniman Circle, a venue with a fitting Vintage.

I was a spectator for this one, not even accompanying a crew as i had a family function which i had to get to. Met up with the usual suspects like Karl, Ronnie, Amol, Siddharth, Sameer Bhau, Annirudh, Abhishek, Irfan, Percy Uncle, Hormusdji (when are you coming for a meal) etc. Sorry for not naming everyone, the list is huge. I also have a few pics which i will upload with my Vishesh Tippani. Keep checking this thread.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
The PRESIDENTIAL FIAT was my choice of the day. No car came close to her in my humble opinion. Pretty and in mechanical terms perhaps the best car present. If I was to select a car to be awarded the CONCOURS post war,this car would have won hands down. All in all a good event.
@Bulldogji aka Mr. Hormusji Cama: Thank-you on behalf of MRY 3499 for your professional and sincere comments. Your words and appreciation have touched my heart and believe me they have been better then any prize I have got so far or would ever get again in the future.

And yes, the Rally was enjoyed by one and all. Grand location, conducive weather, many like minded friends and enthusiasts and some very unique and rare four and two wheel beauties. We owe all this to VCCCI, for a lovely Sunday morning well spent in perfect harmony.
Old 2nd February 2011, 00:52   #23

Looks like a lovely event. Congrats Roni!!

Thank you Nitin uncle for the new category too!!
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hats off to Nitin for a lovely morning giving all of us a chance to enjoy each others company and envy each others cars.
All in all a good event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great show and perfect timing. Timing i say because the weather was just right for these aged (ageless to be more specific) beauties.
So this was a good month for the rally to be held.

Mr. Dossa was there as usual, looking hassled (organizing this event is no small job, mind you) running around, arranging things, taking care of the VIPs and making sure everything was right. Everything was spot and i would like to congratulate him for another event carried out flawlessly, the best i have seen in so many years. Kudos to the VCCCI team.

There were a few new entrants and a few old ones, all adding to the glory, set in the background of the historical Horniman Circle, a venue with a fitting Vintage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Looks like a lovely event. Congrats Rony!!

Thank you Nitin uncle for the new category too!!
BTW, the good news is that Mr. Nitin Dossa has confirmed that all the future VCCCI Rallys will be on the last Sunday of January at Horniman Circle and Judging will take place from Kala Ghoda on the day before.

And now, I must post the pics from my cam for this very well enjoyed event on Sunday, 30th Jan 2011.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112506.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112511.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112513.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112515.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112518.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112520.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112521.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112539.jpg  

2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-300120112567.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 15:21   #25

Marespand looks like a Cool Dude in that Triumph!! Is that their car?
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

What a world of a difference it made to have this event in January - a common sentiment echoed by all. Very glad to know the event is frozen every year at last Sunday of January. The location, though somewhat cramped, is also fixed.

I quite enjoyed myself, its a formula you can't go too wrong with - an assortment of some great cars and fellow enthusiasts to catch up with and exchange stories and pleasantries, in many cases after exactly one year

I've been attending all Bombay events since 2006, and I must admit I had my reservations that it would be monotonous to see the same cars again and again, but the atmosphere is so charged that the enthusiasm levels are always high. It would however be nice to see a few more new cars now and then. Bikes particularly were conspicuous by their small numbers.

Amongst the new cars were a trio of Fords, all freshly restored - a lovely blue Club Coupe (1949/50?), a 1915 Model T from the Mallya stables and a 2 door model A of Hormusji Cama. A pair of red Beetles (cabrio and an outstanding hardtop) we also seen. Debuting was Marespand's Triumph Spitfire which he acquired in derelict condition and has just painstakingly completed the car.

If I remember right, the stunning Rolls P2 Continental took the Concours for vintage (deservedly so) and the cream and black 47 Buick Super took the same for the classic category. Bulldogji's Ford Model A 2 door won most unique car at the show, and no doubt it was a show stopper, but I would feel that the Messerschmidt of the Mallya stable (wearing a new coat of bright yellow) would have been more appropriate a choice. Pheroze 'Fang' Mehta was presented the Lifetime Achievement award, and I had the honour of travelling with him in his 47 Chrysler Windsor. Rony's stunning 64 Super Select also took home a prize (most deservedly so) in the newly formed Indian Heritage category. Let us hope this category inspires more people to bring up their Fiats, Ambys, Standards and more to show condition. I certainly hope to have one special car ready next year.

Shall put up my pictures over the weekend. Now I can't wait for the Pune event, lets hope it happens soon enough.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Here is is another picture from my shots a beautiful MG TC owned by a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Vintage Car & Motorcycle Fiesta (Mumbai, 30th Jan 2011)-jaintcmg.gif  

Old 2nd February 2011, 16:59   #28
BHPian

Hi Karl,I normally refrain from commenting on the prizes as i have always been of the opinion that the judges here though may have some knowledge about some cars certainly are not qualified enough to do justice to the varied cars that show up.And I must admit that even I felt that a Messerschmedt is unique. And concours for a 47 buick which in my humble opinion was in need of some serious work? Personally I saw many cars in that category which were deserving.BUT..And no offence intended to the owner but this only reaffirms my belief on the quality of judgeing.
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:13   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Karl,I normally refrain from commenting on the prizes as i have always been of the opinion that the judges here though may have some knowledge about some cars certainly are not qualified enough to do justice to the varied cars that show up.And I must admit that even I felt that a Messerschmedt is unique. And concours for a 47 buick which in my humble opinion was in need of some serious work? Personally I saw many cars in that category which were deserving.BUT..And no offence intended to the owner but this only reaffirms my belief on the quality of judgeing.
My intention (as I am sure you have understood) is not to question the judging, but simply stating the very obvious - nothing comes close to being more unique than a bright yellow Messerschmidt, I thought nothing else could win that prize! That said of course the 2 door Model As are pretty rare and unique in their own right, and your particular car has turned out so well - do share some history on her as I'm intrigued to see she is LHD.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:00   #30
BHPian

Hi Karl,will give you the info on the A when the lazy bulldog digs into his files.Good news is that a rally is being planned from bombay to poona culminating in the poona rally.When? sometime in march.More info from the Poonawalas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks