New Fiesta Style TDCI 65 47.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 15:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Heart says "Go for Ecosport".
Head says "Go for New Fiesta".
Regarding rest of the technical things, advantages/disadvantages of each, there's been quite a lot of discussion already and clearly no consensus.

All the best - I know its quite a hard decision. But make sure you never regret your decision.
a_bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 19:46   #77
BHPian

Hi Apple,
You have got a lot of expert advice on both the cars.
I will just clear things out for you
Go with your heart so that you do not regret your decision in future. You will have the feeling that this is what you always wanted.
Both the Cars are equally good, just do what your heart says...
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 14:41   #78
BHPian

So I had a similar problem 3 months back, though I was choosing between a Titanium+ Ecosport and 2012 Fiesta Titanium+. Having driven both, I'd say EcoSport makes more sense purely from a Ground Clearance point of view and possibly resale value. Another slight tip in the EcoSport's favor is a slightly higher levels of spares than the Fiesta (especially exteriors). The one major negative for the EcoSport is the waiting period.

The Fiesta, on the other hand, is a car that will put a smile on your face every time you drive it. Having driven it for just over 2 months, I have zero complaints from the car (although dealership is another issue altogether), never scraped the bottom of the car while travelling in Delhi or Gurgaon. The drive of the car is great to be honest. My basis for comparison - Swift Petrol, Polo TDI, All New Honda City and Hyundai Getz 1.3.
Anish88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2013, 15:10   #79
BHPian

Apple.. Did you make any decisions yet? Which car are you more inclined to?
Old 22nd December 2013, 22:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Apple.. Did you make any decisions yet? Which car are you more inclined to?
Hi satan's_valet, decided to wait for EcoSport. My plan is to wait for new models which are going to be showcased at Auto Expo. Even if I get confirmation of EcoSport delivery around April or May I may opt to wait for few more months. The priorities have changed now!
Old 5th February 2014, 20:25   #81
BHPian

With new Fiesta 2014 announced my options are wide open, once again. But I wished they had specified when it is going to be available in the market, "later part of 2014" is very vague.

As per my dealer, my EcoSport will be delivered in June, so still have some time. Once the bookings for new Fiesta are open I'll test drive it and change my booking to Fiesta if the car meets my expectations.

Not related to this thread, but I'm also excited about these cars:

1. Honda Jazz 2014. Though announced, Honda did not give any specific info on availability. What is wrong with Manufactures ? Toyota Corolla was announced today and bookings have already started, why can't other manufactures do the same thing?

2. Tata ZEST. Loved the design and really looking forward to TD it.

3. Hyundai Xcent. Though the rear looks uninspiring, the quality of plastics, interior design, long list of features caught my attention.

At this point I'm not sure which of the above will occupy the space in my garage, only time will tell.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:10   #82
BHPian

Finally the decision was made. Took the delivery of EcoSport Titanium TDCi yesterday in Diamond white shade.

Even though I have a first hand information saying face-lifted Fiesta 2014 is coming this April, I couldn't resist the temptation of owning EcoSport after waiting for 4 long months.

Three things that ruled the decision in favor of EcoSport:

1. Price: I'm not too sure how Fiesta 2014 will be priced. EcoSport Titanium TDCi with almost all the bells and whistles left me poor by 11 L. My guess is I'll get the Fiesta 2014 Trend variant in that price range. So I wanted to get the maximum for what I'm paying.

2. Sales. Yes, if Fiesta 2014 turns out to be a market failure like its predecessor, it will be a depreciation disaster.

3. I've never handled a sedan. It will be a bit of problem to fit it in tight parking spaces. I know I can get used to it but I just started my family. A hatch is more than enough for me.

The first two points are speculations at this point, but I cannot wait till the time comes and take a decision.

On the other note, the waiting period of EcoSport has come down to 4-5 months which was 7-8 months a few months back. Last couple of days I've seen the dealership delivering 6-7 EcoSport's Titanium variants and few others waiting in the stockyard for financial clearances.
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 12:20   #83
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first to congratulate you

Please share some more details on the dealership experience, accessories you opted for etc.

Wish you many untainted miles of motoring nirvana

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks